null“Rosie O’Donnell says something dumb” is becoming a headline that has run its course, but at the same time her comments continue to create a buzz like no other, providing hard evidence that America’s Pastime has shifted from baseball, to shooting fish in a barrel.

By now most of us have heard about the latest carbon-laced discharge from O’Donnell on The View, the show that reminds everybody — every man, at least — of what a Pampered Chef party in a women’s asylum must be like, minus the crockery and with extra loons running in the hallway.

O’Donnell said, in addition to other whiffle-brained vacuous commentary, that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the man who confessed to helping plan 9/11, killing Daniel Pearl, and even plotting to assassinate then president Clinton, was robbed of his humanity by his American captors. This proves that either O’Donnell is most concerned with how a terrorist is treated, or she actually believes Mohammed confessed to crimes he didn’t commit due to CIA torture (which I understand includes forcing Gitmo detainees to watch The View).

It’s looking like Rosie is on the “911 conspiracy” bandwagon, as evidenced by a post on that Rorschach test of alpha-bits she calls a blog. So if Mohammed is innocent, I suppose Rosie wouldn’t mind if we let him go and stay at her place. At least this way Rosie could do first-hand research for an upcoming episode of The View on rude awakenings.

Heated political debates among the panel on The View are often dismissed for what they are: the round-table discussion equivalent of Paris Hilton trying to figure out a Rubik’s Cube — but this particular diatribe has caused a stir, as did every other time O’Donnell speaks.

Rosie O’Donnell continues to make news and appear on television for two reasons. 1) She’s a political sideshow freak performing daily on a televised version on a Coney Island circus, and 2) Barbara Walters, who runs The View, is almost as nuts as Rosie is. Walters recently interviewed Hugo Chavez and the smack sound from Barbara kissing his ass is still echoing across the land. Hugo’s next colonoscopy will reveal two benign polyps and Barbara’s nose.

In the past, O’Donnell has said that radical Christianity is as great a threat as radical Islam, and she also thinks all guns should be banned — with the exception of the one carried by her bodyguard.

The only reason I can think of that Rosie hasn’t been committed yet is that they don’t make straight-jackets that big.

**cartoon by Joel Barbee

12 Responses to “Rosie Is Lucky They Don’t Make Straight Jackets That Big”

1. Jeremie Jordan on March 16th, 2007 6:25 am

My hat’s off to you sir, you were able to write about Rosie without using cuss words. I, on the other, was not…

2. Doug Powers on March 16th, 2007 8:15 am

Haha! Well, I figured, this morning at least, that using vulgarity to write about a vulgar person would be a little like Michael Moore taking his shirt off to prove that somebody else is a fat ass.

3. IrishWalsh on March 16th, 2007 8:25 am

See that’s what I love about you Doug. You bravely venture into the dark recesses of places like Rosie’s blog so we the generally intelligent populous don’t have to.

4. Doug Powers on March 16th, 2007 8:35 am

I the dirty work so bright people don’t have to! Especially for folks with “Irish” in their name the day before St. Paddy’s Day — or “the great American puke-out” as our people call it.

5. Jeremie Jordan on March 16th, 2007 1:19 pm

I mean I am all for taking one for the team, but Rosie’s personal blog…?

Sick man, real sick

6. Christinewjc on March 16th, 2007 2:19 pm

Hey Doug!

We were thinking on the same “wave length” today regarding what to blog about. Here’s my rant against Rosie at Talkwisdom!

I wasn’t as kind as you were…

7. Christinewjc on March 16th, 2007 2:20 pm

P.S. You actually posted on Rosie’s blog?? I have to see this! What’s the link?

8. Doug Powers on March 16th, 2007 2:24 pm

I’ll probably never go back. I still reek of fish, leather, pork rinds and Super Slik.

9. Christinewjc on March 16th, 2007 2:56 pm

Found it. What a chicken Rosie is! She closed down the comments!

(As Rosie scurries away into the dark corners of her mind…)

10. Doug Powers on March 17th, 2007 6:15 am

Hey Christine, is there a name for the disorder that makes people afraid of using capital letters? If it doesn’t have one yet, we’ll name it after Rosie.

Nice number on Rosie, by the way!

11. Christinewjc on March 19th, 2007 11:43 pm

Rosie Capi-phobie?

Nah…you will come up with a better one!

Thanks for the compliment on my anti-Rosie rant! I was just warming up…though.

See the comments after the post of A Marine’s Poem

She is one sick hollyweird celeb who really makes me angry…and ill…

12. Christinewjc on March 20th, 2007 9:00 am

Rosie O’Dimwit also took the email box off of her blog!!

I’ll bet that she was getting a boat load of nasty emails!

Darn!! Should have sent one while I had the chance…