Should President Obama have bowed to the Saudi King? Was he bowing at all? I have my own theory, but first, here’s the controversial picture that’s going around:

As Clarice Feldman at The American Thinker tells us, Miss Manners says this: Americans do not bow to foreign monarchs because that act signified the monarch’s power over his subjects.

Others are asking if the same people who mocked Bush for holding hands with the Saudi Prince (which somehow suddenly turned the most tolerant and inclusive political left and their accomplices in the MSM into hyper-inquisitive and tut-tutting homophobes on the march for traditional family values) will knock Obama for genuflecting to our oil masters.

But… was Obama bowing?

My theory is that the president was only somewhat stooped over because he was trying to show King Abdullah what was on the iPod he brought over for him as a present. Naturally, it ended up being little embarrassing and somewhat insulting to the Saudis due to Obama’s insistence on “keeping it real” with what was loaded into the King’s gift:

Update: As you might have guessed, the president’s whole “bowing to the King” thing was precipitated by his teleprompter:

Comments

10 Responses to “Barry of Arabia: Why Did the President Bow to King Abdullah?”

1. gema on July 31st, 2012 1:41 am

Of course. I love this barry of Arabia and now everything makes sense. It's going to be very cool. what is website conversion

2. gema on July 31st, 2012 1:49 am

I also agree with the latter one and now I just learned about this Barry. I hope I can make things alright too. PMP Training

3. Model Trains layout on August 3rd, 2012 2:40 pm

To show respect. What else could be the reason. It is part of their culture and traditions to bow right before the king. And I guess president Obama just did the right thing.

4. excess electrical on August 5th, 2012 11:48 pm

There is no wrong of bowing to anybody, for me, It is sign of respect, the king of Suadi deserves that respect because it is Saudi's territory.

5. tefl on August 10th, 2012 5:04 am

Your article is genuinely catch my eyes, and help me get very much much more knowledge, I genuinely wish I could review your posts in future. teaching job in beijing | tefl online certification

6. Ogden Catering on October 29th, 2012 9:20 pm

I think king Abdullah deserves to be honored through bowing in front of him. Even me, if I will be given a chance that I will face the king, I will bow in front of him for sure.

7. josephine on February 4th, 2013 9:59 am

Well, I think the president showed some respect to the king of saudi arabia… real estate careers nyc

8. Existential therapy on July 25th, 2013 2:50 am

Its a good character of President Obama, knows how to respect other people like bowing especially to King Abdullah.

9. icon brickell rental on June 18th, 2014 6:16 pm

10. Aaron Perez on November 8th, 2014 7:07 am

The students and other office workers should visit the custom essay writers and consult their work related issues with the professional writers to solve them. Once you have told your demands to them you will get your work done really fast.