Not very surprising, except possibly to anybody except Janet Napolitano.

From Fox News/AP:

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has claimed responsibility for the attempted attack on a U.S. airliner on Christmas day, saying it was retaliation for a U.S. operation against the group in Yemen.

In a statement posted on the Internet, the group said 23-year-old Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab coordinated with members of the group.

In addition, a source tipped me off to a video by Osama Bin Laden who also claims responsibility.

Here are still shots from the video, along with a closed-captioned translation:

Related update: Two of the four people who are suspected in planning the Christmas day bombing of the Northwest jet were reportedly released from Gitmo in 2007… so much for the “art rehabilitation program.” Yes, even the Bush administration took part in that idiocy.

But now the Obama administration is planning to release many Gitmo detainees and send them back to Yemen, which is now a hotbed of Al Qaeda activity. Are they this stupid? Don’t answer that.

Comments

7 Responses to “Al Qaeda Claims Responsibility for Plane Attack; Bin Laden Releases Special Message”

1. Jeremie Jordan on December 28th, 2009 9:13 pm

I really like the abiltiy to post your um…posts on Facebook.

2. Doug on December 28th, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, that works pretty good… I'm trying to find an "email this post" link to complete the picture. That particular widget doesn't include it… from what I can see. I had to pare down the amount of networking choices because there were an insane amount, so I chose the most common.

3. archer52 on December 28th, 2009 10:24 pm

Too funny. Obama calling Janet an idiot. Well, that claim has a long list as people across the globe are pointing at her and saying, "You guys have her in charge? Really?"

As I say at my site all the time, PC is going to get a lot of people killed. Never our "leaders" who foist it upon us, just us regular folk

4. classicfilm on December 28th, 2009 11:05 pm

Kudos on making bin Laden funny, Doug.

Napolitano was the former governor of my home state, Arizona. I was elated months back when Obama announced putting in charge of Homeland Security… our very own DHS Czarina of Incompetence. Since she had screwed up border security here, I was relieved that Arizona was rid of her… but then I realized with guilty regret, she's now the whole nation's problem, not just Arizona's. I sincerely apologize to the nation for that. Especially to military vets and other "conservative terrorists."

If we don't laugh during the Golden Age of Obama, we'll cry. Thanks for making me laugh with this post.

5. Nanny on December 28th, 2009 11:34 pm

We share your pain Classic but just wait until Obama appoints our disaster Two Penny Jenny to a post in his administration. After what she has done to Michigan's economy and budget I would say she would be first on the list to replace bernanke or geitner. Once you go down the road of ruin why turn back? And Napolitano does make me laugh but then again scares the bezeebies out of me because of how many US citizens could get killed under her watch. Sad, sad, sad!

6. Nick on December 29th, 2009 12:57 am

That is what they said for eight years of Bush.

7. Jeremie Jordan on December 29th, 2009 3:48 am

Let me be the first to give Nick the *rimshot*

Really Nick? The where is the world's love for Obama? Just because the Democrats say the world will love us more, doesn't make it true…