I’ll post on the Mass. election results tonight as they come in (polls close at 8), but until then…

Today, President Obama visited the Graham Rd. Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia for a personal discussion with the students:

Aww. The kids were excited to meet the president, who offered them some heart-felt, off-the-cuff and completely unrehearsed advice:

Yep, TOTUS was hauled into a school. There’s a video of the speech at the White House website.

(Update 1/25: Thanks to Mark Steyn for the mention on Rush’s show today. If you’re here as a result of Mark’s shout-out, feel free to peruse the entire blog, and I hope you can keep coming back!)

Comments

43 Responses to “TOTUS Visits With School Kids; Obama Was There Too”

1. Nanny on January 19th, 2010 9:09 pm

OMG! You mean to tell me he CANNOT talk to school children without his prompter! And they made fun of Bush for being stupid! How pathetic!

2. Doug on January 19th, 2010 9:14 pm

At least he didn't bow to the kids… as far as I know.

3. Scott B on January 20th, 2010 12:44 am

Oh my Lord…. he brought the prompter to a GRADE SCHOOL? PLUS the frickin' podium and mic with monitors (a.k.a. speakers)??? Does this guy have a complex or what??

4. @itsonlywords on January 20th, 2010 9:15 pm

I love the completely age appropriate remarks included in his "off the cuff" remarks.

5. burnt toast on January 21st, 2010 2:24 am

I am convinced this man is a robot. Bush may have not been the brightest guy. . .but he could carry on some friendly and genuine off-the-cuff banter without reading the crap off electronic glass.

6. A Piece Of Advice For The President « It's Only Words on January 21st, 2010 5:39 pm

[...] 1: TOTUS accompanied POTUS to the elementary school, along with the LOTUS (Lectern of the United [...]

7. LoriQuaid on January 22nd, 2010 1:40 pm

I went to see the whitehouse.gov video. He wasn't there to talk to the children. He was using the children as props. It was disturbing.

8. The TOTUS Goes To School « The Underground Conservative on January 23rd, 2010 1:58 am

[...] Via The Powers That Be: [...]

9. Martha on January 23rd, 2010 6:26 am

Yeah a complex of superiority, control and arrogancy, the moron is arrogant and idiot.

10. Caper29 on January 23rd, 2010 4:19 pm

He'll say whatever Axelrod tells him to say….

11. S. Weasel on January 23rd, 2010 7:37 pm

Good lord! And they hauled in his little podium with the seal, too? What, the guy couldn't just wander around and say a few words or read My Pet Goat or something?

Geez!

12. S. Weasel on January 23rd, 2010 10:43 pm

That's what I thought! I just watched it. That was clearly the classroom behind him, but he was talking to adults. Weird. You have to wonder if he was talking to the teachers and administrators without the kids present, or if he really was giving a policy speech to a bunch of sixth graders.

13. Enkidu on January 24th, 2010 12:56 am

Is that the Carpet of the United States He is standing on while He is standing at the podium of the United States and He is reading from the Teleprompter of the United States? HE needs all that for Him to talk to elementary students?

I miss Bush.

14. Revnant Dream on January 24th, 2010 7:46 am

The ego that just keeps on going.
    I like the bunny better.

15. iccc on January 24th, 2010 9:56 am

Are you sure it wasn't a Photoshop?

What an eloquent oratorial TOTUS! I'm impressed.

16. madbadger2742 on January 24th, 2010 1:30 pm

First, he had a group discussion with the kids at the school, then the teleprompter and lectern were set up for the press conference after. You guys are idiots. Stop being disingenuous. Stop trying to deform every. little. thing. he does around enough to fit into your twisted little worldview.

17. TOTUS visits with schoolchildren on January 24th, 2010 1:28 pm

[...] Seriously, Obama can’t even go off-prompter when talking to sixth graders. [...]

18. Brittany on January 24th, 2010 5:14 pm

A visit to grade school children needs a press conference?

19. Enas Yorl on January 24th, 2010 5:25 pm

…the teleprompter and lectern were set up for the press conference after.
    Ahahaha – he needs his teleprompter (aka his "binkie") and all the presidential paraphernalia for every little post-photo-op press conference? And you think that’s ok? It doesn’t bother you that every. little. thing. he does has to be so tightly scripted and showcased?

20. Got ya on January 24th, 2010 6:03 pm

There goes all your credibilty right out the window with this one
    The teleprompter pics are not from the POTUS address to the 5th graders, it is from the announcement of Race For The Top delivered in front of the ADULT press sitting in little kid's chairs
    Why the misleading?

21. Got ya on January 24th, 2010 6:04 pm

opps — typo above
    5th graders should be 6th graders

22. Stopthehate on January 24th, 2010 10:15 pm

Hate Hate Hate. Stop hating. You're mad at everything he does and doesn't do. At least he's there. Get a life!

23. How Quickly It All Turns Around! | Nolanimrod on January 25th, 2010 3:20 am

[...] I am done crit­i­ciz­ing.  One thing I don’t want is for him to lose it and I think that is a pos­si­bil­ity.  He went to talk to some fifth or sixth graders and he took his teleprompter and his loud­speak­ers along. [...]

24. Jerry on January 25th, 2010 2:14 pm

WHAT FLAVOR OF COOL AID DO YOU DRINK?

25. WagTag on January 25th, 2010 2:46 pm

A classroom full of kids, teachers, principal, a select parent or two, and this clown cannot utter two sentences without help. What is it that scares this boot licking, closet Muslim?

What BO doesn't understand is this. You can fool some of the people some of the time. But, there are enough of us who are now awake, madder 'n hell, and we will vote his ass out of office and anyone who stands with him.

We will take back our God-fearing nation, which was built upon Judeo-Christian values and we will see to it that our sovereign freedoms are restored.

Courage Christians!

'nough said.

26. Noel on January 25th, 2010 5:22 pm

Actually, TOTUS didn't allow Obama to use him with the schoolkids; only later with the Press, aka: his 'other' kids.

27. Jeff on January 25th, 2010 6:50 pm

I assume the acronym TOTUS = Tyrant Of The United States, right?

28. Tennisman on January 25th, 2010 7:14 pm

Yes I am here because of Mark Steyn,. I thank Him and I thank You.

This Photo you posted is a good example of the uneducated nincompoop occupying the White House who is not able to converse with 6 or 7 year old kids without the help of his MACHINE.

I will NEVER acknowledge his as President. As Mark said in his Monologue he was whisked into the Illinois Senate and then into the US Senate and then into the White House and is only waiting for the Office of President of the World to be created for Him.

Everyday I thank God for the OFF button on my TV!

29. Average Joe on January 25th, 2010 7:14 pm

Still all the same… If you are talking about education then get some yourself. This is a simple speech. Go Back to Speech class and learn how to give one without a prompter.

30. joepops on January 25th, 2010 7:15 pm

He needs the TOTUS for what, a presser?? C'mon! What shows up on the "mirror mirror on the floor" ?? the names of each one of the softballer newshounds he's supposed to call on in proper sequence?

31. Whatever on January 25th, 2010 7:20 pm

I would like to meet the wizard behind the curtains. Anyone can read from a prompter, Obama is not the “real” President. I would like to meet the “real” President, the one how is creating these scripts, not the speaker. I have heard of audio books but never “audio President”.

32. Mark1957 on January 25th, 2010 7:27 pm

The Puppet Masters don't trust this clown to talk without it.

33. rachel on January 25th, 2010 8:26 pm

Obama is turning out to be not only a failure, but a real moron…totally clueless.

This video also makes amusing comment on his use of teleprompters-

34. TOTUS Chats With Children At A School (Obama There Too!) « Start Thinking Right on January 25th, 2010 6:48 pm

[...] on DougPowers from January 19: Today, President Obama visited the Graham Rd. Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia for a [...]

35. Tom on January 25th, 2010 9:15 pm

The guy need a male nurse!

36. Derek on January 25th, 2010 11:51 pm

All of you are fucking idiots. If you took the time to read what he said, or hell, even watch the video if you're comprehension isn't high enough, you'll realize when he was using the teleprompters, he was addressing the press/cameras. He wasn't talking to the 6th graders in the room!

Listen, i'm as conservative as they come. I fucking hate this President, and I voted for McCain. I saw this socialist movement coming from a mile away before the election. But at least i'm not a fucking blind idiot. I don't blindly follow whatever Rush Limbaugh says (and I listen to his show every day, Monday through Friday, just to hear what he has to say). Rush is a fucking sleazebag, he serves his purpose by giving me relief from the liberal media.

People like the ones that posted this article make me ashamed to associate myself with Conservatives in a very liberal state. Everyone insulting Obama for something that didn't even happen is the exact reason we're in the middle of a (hopefully short) liberal uprising.

37. Auld Bill on January 26th, 2010 4:20 pm

He needs the teleprompter to answer press questions??

38. Jan on January 26th, 2010 5:24 pm

Why is the world globe in two diffferent locations in the pictures….rigged?

39. Max on January 26th, 2010 5:25 pm

In one picture the man in the background has facial hair, the other picture he doesn't…hmmmm!

40. Reader on January 26th, 2010 6:41 pm

If you are a Christian, you really need to read the Bible and rethink what you just wrote. Shame.

41. rick on January 27th, 2010 3:31 am

I don't care if its kids or the media after the kids. If you';re such a freakin' elegant speaker, you do not need to haul the TOTUS to an elementary school. This guy is an embarrassment every day he sits in TWHOTUS.

42. Jason on January 30th, 2010 6:08 am

Obama's desire to repeal "Don't ask, don't tell" can actually help to fulfill the "days of Lot" (Luke 17, cf. Gen. 19), the fulfillment of which will hurry up the return of the Heavenly Commander-in-Chief who will make all things straight (pun intended)! Interesting Google articles include "Obama Supports Public Depravity," "Obama Avoids Bible Verses," "Separation of Raunch and State" and "David Letterman's Hate Etc." – required reading for the "Obama 101" course.
    PS – You're invited to use these new pro-life slogans: "Unborn babies should have the right to keep and bear arms – and legs and ears and eyes etc.!" and "Unborn babies should have the same right to be born alive that abortionists had!"

43. Chieko on February 18th, 2016 2:05 am

I was just chatting with my coworker about this last week at the resturant. Don’t know how in the world we landed on the subject really, they