Super Bowl XLIV is almost upon us, and for the XLIVth straight year, I’m not stressed out about how the Lions will perform in the Super Bowl.

Here are a few predictions about not only the game, but the event as a whole:

–The Colts will beat the Saints. My reasoning is based on two factors: The Peyton Manning to Reggie Wayne combination will prove too much for the Saints to handle, but mostly because President Obama picked the Saints to win:

Ooh, sorry Saints, but you’ve just been Obama Cursed.

A couple other predictions:

–Right in the middle of Katie Couric’s interview with President Obama during pre-game coverage (CBS is finally doing something about Obama’s under-exposure), CBS News will lay off the cameraman, along with a boom-mic operator and the lighting director, leaving Couric to take over all jobs except the latter. A giddy Couric will claim that the lighting director job wasn’t necessary anyway because Obama is the light.

–Obama will tell Couric about his high school football days, including the time his teleprompter blocked the opponents’ potential game-winning field goal.

–As The Who is performing at halftime, Pete Townshend will fall off the stage and right on top of a 12-year-old child. Townshend will claim that he was only doing “research” on the effect of gravity on aging rock stars and juveniles. Some will suspect the White House staged the incident after President Obama just happens to be present to take over on guitar for Townshend.

–Government ethics investigators will be asked to look into the Census Bureau’s Super Bowl ad, for which the Bureau spent $2.5 million taxpayer dollars. The ad will feature Ed Begley, Jr. informing you of the upcoming census and letting you know that if you donate $250,000 tax-deductable dollars to ACORN, President Obama will personally come to your house and count your family.

Comments

9 Responses to “Super Bowl Prediction(s)”

1. Justine on February 6th, 2010 6:11 pm

Another interview?! What is left for him to say?

With apologies to old Bill Wordsworth:
    Barack is too much with us, late and soon
    Spending and spending he lays waste our powers
    Little will Americans soon have that is ours
    He has borrowed the future away — a sordid boon!

2. Joyanna Adams on February 6th, 2010 6:33 pm

Fox pundits on Saturday morning, predicted the Saints…and they claim they have never missed.

I'm therefore, in the American tradition, will put my money (wait, I don't have any money!) on the underdog…I'll bet a pack of oreo's cookies, that I should NOT have bought.

3. Nanny on February 6th, 2010 10:16 pm

Gawd – I hate to pick the Saints but they are the underdogs. I am so sick of listening to everyone tout Manning I am just going to go for the Saints and the Tebow ad!

Doug – Just once in my lifetime I would like to be rooting for the Lions! Maybe one day we will get our dream team and be able to brag about "The Big Win". I just hope I have all my marbles by that time in order to even know who is in the game! Just wishing!

4. Nanny on February 6th, 2010 10:18 pm

Oh yeah – Go Blue! U of M hockey team plays Univ of Wisconsin tonight at 6 pm at Camp Randall Stadium – outdoors!!! It is supposed to be very cold with flurries – a great venue for old fashioned hockey!!!

5. Rick on February 7th, 2010 4:10 am

There goes any chance you had to fetch coffee for Kute Katie.lol.

Odds pick Colts to win by 5 Oreos.I think a whole pack. The odds for a 2011 SB win are not kind to Lion or Titan.

6. Nanny on February 7th, 2010 10:19 pm

Changed my mind – Go Colts. After watching the sickening coverage of the 5 billion dollar boondogle of rebuilding New Orleans and the people of that city claiming NO ONE has helped them – I am rooting for the Colts. Perhaps the politicians in New Orleans can explain where the money went but no one at CBS seems to ask the obvious questions. And then I flipped it on and Katie was doing her blow job on Zero – I don't even know if I can watch the damn game now!!! Gonna go have a cocktail and watch reruns of Hoarders – it is more uplifting than the crap CBS is showing!

7. Nonaii on February 8th, 2010 3:40 am

Uh, Saints won.

And I'm already seeing the rewrites in history saying that this meant Obama meant the Colts were going to win! haters gonna hate; Manning did NOT choke; Saints just took advantage better.

And Obama is still a great president.

8. nonaii on February 8th, 2010 3:42 am

oh, Nanny I know. truly eye rolling, especially since a race spin was put on it with who's being chosen for interviews about what this means to New Orleans……… versus who's making up the crowd shots of happy fans.

it is enough to make one root for the Colts. i just wanted a good game, with the colts winning. the person i feel bad for is Hank Baskett. :( still, good game.

9. Rick on February 8th, 2010 3:01 am

Congrats to the Saints and their fans for a Big Super Bowl Win! They went marching in right over the Manning Colts.
    Mardi Gras has begun.Laissez le bontemps roule!

No Oreo cookies for me,tonight.

My opinion of The One remains unchanged.