Via Breitbart, here’s Joe Biden speaking in Michigan during his “Hey all you in the unemployment line, the stimulus is working!” tour:

“I refuse to accept the notion that the United States of America is not going to lead the world economically throughout the 20th Century.”

Here’s the video:

I completely agree! The United States did pretty much lead the world economically… throughout the 20th century.

But the Associated Press, who would have no doubt made a headline story about the gaffe had Bush said it, decided to fix it for the printed version:

“I absolutely refuse to accept the notion that the United States of America is not going to lead the world economically throughout the 21st Century,” Biden said during remarks to supporters on the Delta campus

A.P. to Joe: “You’re welcome.”

Biden touting the “success” of the stimulus in Michigan is a gaffe all by itself. I live here. Trust me — it’s funny. And the fact that one of the grand architects of the state whose newest tourism board ad slogan is “Michigan: This isn’t the third world but you can see it from here,” is one of Biden’s boss’s economic advisors makes it even funnier.

Joe Biden being sent to Michigan to talk up liberal economic policies is like the Kremlin sending somebody to Chernobyl to brag about the success of their nuclear reactors.

In any case, we know what Sheriff Joe was trying to say. This is all about a simple three-letter word — JOBS:

Comments

80 Responses to “A.P. Covers Biden’s ’20th Century’ Gaffe”

1. Nanny on February 17th, 2010 10:48 pm

My thoughts exactly – living in Michigan and having to tolerate Plugs coming here and telling us how great the stimulus is was just another slap in the face. Jenny and her union thugs have beat us up enough. I cannot wait until the day she walks out the door and home to Canada! And I hope Plugs and Zero NEVER show their faces in our state again. Enough is Enough!!!

2. Nanny on February 17th, 2010 10:53 pm

Ugh – I just remembered Zero is giving the commencement speech at the UofM this spring. I am saddened that the UofM lobbied him for this. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and that is what has become of our schools. A waste land of liberalism.

3. Doug on February 18th, 2010 3:37 am

More fitting at U of M than MSU, I suppose… and I say that mostly because I'll be avoiding a possible traffic nightmare if he stays in Ann Arbor…. oh, I mean a "traffic jam stimulus"…

4. Lew on February 18th, 2010 7:44 pm

How the HELL did this IDIOT get into the Senate?

LEW

5. tim on February 18th, 2010 8:04 pm

how did most of them get to where they are, money and lies!

6. tim on February 18th, 2010 8:13 pm

America it is so past the time to get back to the basics, come this Nov. we MOST vote these; head in the sand, pie in the sky, don't you worry about it the Government will fix it, jack asses out of office. If we went out on the street and picked 500 people and put them in office, we would be better off.
    Come Nov. please vote them out.

7. Dabs on February 18th, 2010 8:16 pm

F'n moron…

8. jdhaire on February 18th, 2010 8:16 pm

Remember the "Dan Quayle potato(e)s speling debacle"? I'd pit ol' Dan vs. ol' Joe anyday!

Of course, we have to remember that public speakers often mount the platform without a clue what they're going to say. Sometimes they're more clueless than others. They've spun so many facts, and re-written so much history, they can't keep their version of the 'facts' straight.

9. EdsolCrowder on February 18th, 2010 8:17 pm

Mr. Biden should take some pointers from Sarah Palin and jot down some notes in his palm. It would then be easy to glance down and see what century he is in.

10. Toyman on February 18th, 2010 8:32 pm

or he could read it from the teleprompter like his boss does 95% of the time.

11. Dr Bob on February 18th, 2010 8:41 pm

What bothers me the most is not the gaffe that Blundering Biden made, but the intentional rewrite of his blunder by the AP. That is totally unethical journalism of the worst kind. Whomever made that "change" should be fired. This is yet another example of just how left today's journalists have gone.

12. swsmtdg on February 18th, 2010 8:42 pm

That all assumes "Plugs" can read.

13. Ricky on February 18th, 2010 8:53 pm

Watch the video America, this is a liberal brain on drugs.

14. dsharff on February 18th, 2010 9:00 pm

Wow!!! And these are the guys that want to make things like the entire American health care system more efficient. Kinda like putting Charlie Manson in charge of interior decorating!!!

15. Michigan Yooper on February 18th, 2010 9:04 pm

You said it correctly. They are also rewriting by omission. Disgusting.

16. Cheryl on February 18th, 2010 9:06 pm

Lord, let's pray for our Country. I am litterly scared to death ! ); We have GOT to get these people OUT !!!!!!!!!

17. Jerry H, on February 18th, 2010 9:09 pm

Unethical journalism is the thing to do with Obama in office. We must plaster that all over so all are aware. Look how they blasted Bush about his inability to speak and neglected Obama when he announced we have 57—-no—58 states! And will not write about his lack of the promised openness with health insurance.

18. William Caprari on February 18th, 2010 9:09 pm

Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination. Harry Truman

19. wallbanger on February 18th, 2010 9:10 pm

The only person more stupid and dangerous than that idiot Biden is the "Assumed" president of the United States. This rotten squirrel is nothing more than a Muslim Jihadist, with a hatred for the Constitution and God. What a failing uncaring, poop head filled jerk.

20. FRANK on February 18th, 2010 9:11 pm

THE BEST THING ABOUT BIDEN IS HE MAKE GW BUSH LOOK A HOLE LOT SMARTER AND SOME TIMES TELLS THE TRUTH ON HIS BOSS.

21. Mike on February 18th, 2010 9:13 pm

Biden is a stamped, packaged, and marketed cookie cutter liberal; just like his boss. So what do you expect. Any junior college business major, with any economics sense can tell you obama's plans simply won't work. But again what do expect from "Mr. Plagarism" Joe Biden

22. mike on February 18th, 2010 9:19 pm

You are exactly right, but you have to remember. Big girls like Sarah Palin do not need a teleprompter.

23. Barb on February 18th, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud at the three letter word: jobs! If it wasn't so sad, it would be a lot funnier.

24. Steve on February 18th, 2010 9:24 pm

Biden can't count or talk without help, and Gore started the internet are these the "elite" I keep hearing about?

By the way, off subject has anyone seen good ol' Al running around anywhere or is he holed up in Tennessee with the millions he made off of us buying CFL's.

25. Kendal on February 18th, 2010 9:26 pm

Mike you have it completely right about their plan, their isn't one but to the country and make it a third world country. Our only hope is to take back the house and the senate with true conservatives this fall. Then we can at least stop the free fall we are in now.

26. With Joe Biden, The Hits Just Keep On Coming! | Full Circle Thinker on February 18th, 2010 7:29 pm
  27. Roy Duncan on February 18th, 2010 9:29 pm

That is a great question, sadly I think I know the reason. It's because we don't pay any attention to these trash until election time and then we believe their lies. It's amazing to hear obama talk about how he put the health care debates on Comscope, (not going to, put did) as if he really did. Comscope is suing him for not doing it but he ignores that and talks about as if he did. He really expects us to blindly believe whatever he says. Somebody needs to tell him this is America not the middle east. Roy

28. Roy Duncan on February 18th, 2010 9:32 pm

Hey that's a good idea. we couldn't be any worse off.

29. Joe on February 18th, 2010 9:35 pm

Well some of ya all voted for him when you pulled the lever for Obamee!
    This man is a fool and his boss is by far the worst choice ever for Prez!
    I wonder maybe there are too many fools that belive these two baffons and still would vote for them both again what do ya think? what a joke played on america.
    Joe

30. @bridalstylist on February 18th, 2010 9:36 pm

Wow, you guys are very witty ~ I needed a good laugh today ~ Thanks for the great comments.

31. joe on February 18th, 2010 9:36 pm

Thsi is not funny anymore its scary!

32. lotus5 on February 18th, 2010 9:37 pm

Perhaps he should borrow his boss' reader boards….?

33. Roy Duncan on February 18th, 2010 9:39 pm

I think you're right. They should all be drug tested regularly. These people have to be on drugs. If they're not they should be in a home for the criminally insane. We have random drug testing for all workers down to a ditchdigger but not for those who run the government.

34. Roy Duncan on February 18th, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah, I miss George already, and we'll all miss him soon.

35. Jake th35nake on February 18th, 2010 9:45 pm

More J-O-B-S Must have meant JO Bullshit

36. marsha,marsha,marsha on February 18th, 2010 9:51 pm

good googly moogly

37. Ill on February 18th, 2010 9:51 pm

Lew, we're talking about the Vice President of the United States!!!!! That's the more scarey question, how did he get there?

?How did we get here? Irresponsible people voting without a CLUE for what or whom they were voting for. The writing was on the wall in 2008, unfortunately, many chose not to read the fine print. They were awe struck by BHO. They stuck with the MSM and this is what you get. Blundering Biden without a clue as to what century we are even in. Ugh! November can't come soon enough!

Shame on AP for changing the words for their article. The gaffe should have gone out to the masses. I guess that's what's so great about the internet, it will go out to the masses! Thanks, Al Gore for inventing the internet! It's a great tool for those of us that want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

38. guest on February 18th, 2010 9:54 pm

Because people said Sara Palin wasn't expirienced! They pitted her against Obama instead of Biden! She was only a Govenor and not a Community Organizer that only spent three yrs in the senate and was there a total of maybe one yr he voted present instead of yes or no most of that time! They worried about McCain who fought for our country and spent five years in a prison camp! Who was made to show His birth certificate….But where is Obama's? I guess there are more stupid gullable people in this world than thought! If they would have listened to what Obamass they would have heard what he was really saying! Women were jealous of her but drooled over Obama, men were intiminated by her and if they drooled the wife would hate her more (jealousy)! It was all nonsense He told us he would change the world! Didn't anyone think about that? He is doing exactly what he said! Obama voters can live on one side of the world and the rest of us can live on the other side! I don't want his change! His ruining us w/his stupidity! Lets see what side is happier! People too lazy to vote can live in between and get nothing just like what they did! Nothing!!

39. forpostingonly on February 18th, 2010 10:00 pm

The same way #43 became president. There was no intelligence test given to the candidates prior to elections. Quite frankly, I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to a conversation between those two men after they've downed a few beers…. There would be material to last the press a lifetime.

40. forpostingonly on February 18th, 2010 10:05 pm

I propose a new rule: NOBODY WITH POLITICAL or LEGAL background is allowed to run for president. Candidates must have proven track records and success running Forbes/Fortune 100 corporations (i.e. Bill Gates…), and be financially solvent with no to need to accept bribes or do favors for friends. Primary requisite: Being able to tell the difference between a credit and a debit. Similar qualifications for VP as well.

41. KING DAVID on February 18th, 2010 10:23 pm

OUR GOVERNMENT BETTER WAKE UP, THEY KEEP PUTTING THEIR SELVES ABOVE THE LORD AND ABOVE OTHER PEOPLE ,THAT ,THE GOOD LORD WILL BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES FOR MAKING EVERYONE SUFFER FOR THEIR GAIN. I HOPE THE LORD DOESN'T MAKE ALL OF US SUFFER FOR THEIR MISTAKES. MARK MY WORDS WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

42. Chas on February 18th, 2010 10:35 pm

Well… why do you think they put him up as V.P….? Nobody would ever think of harming Obama, because if they did we'd get this idiot as President…. smart move!

43. Common Sense on February 18th, 2010 10:45 pm

At least I am sure they know how to spell potato, or is it potatoe?

44. Jim on February 18th, 2010 11:01 pm

YOU BETCHA!!!

45. Chief on February 18th, 2010 11:25 pm

I must say that since the election I have felt like crying over and over, but after reading these blogs I have tears running down my cheeks from laughter. That is the great American way, laugh at yourself and then clean up the mess..

46. joe on February 18th, 2010 11:32 pm

as I said before its not funny anymore
    its down right scary
    too many of the people that put these clows in office wont get their egos out of the way and "see the truth".

47. SSmart on February 19th, 2010 12:17 am

Why haven't you and the media figured it out yet? The Democrats didn't want to win this Presidential election and the Republicans didn't want to win either. They both knew what was coming down the pike and they didn't want it to explode on their watch. They hoped to position themselves to come in after the financial meltdown and look like they were attempting to save us. So, they both put up their absolutely worst candidates – an old fool Progressive "has been" and a stupid inexperienced radical Marxist – thinking Americans would be too smart to vote for them – Voila! We got what we deserved – a complete disaster! We are on a sinking ship. RUN!

48. Patrick McPhee on February 18th, 2010 10:50 pm

Would you, or could you expect any thing else from this forked tounge, two timing, lieing through their teeth, power elite Government of ours? Yeah, some of it is laughable, but sadly this our future. GOD help us all.

49. RM-N-Alaska on February 18th, 2010 10:50 pm

I sure hope that is a tongue-in-cheek remark. Quayle is a darn sight smarter than either one of these buffoons.

50. quietrebel on February 19th, 2010 12:52 am

Between the athiest liberals and the imitation American, we are in deep stuff, but we will survive.

51. Kellen on February 19th, 2010 1:02 am

Here's a question, would the media have "fixed" it if Sarah Palin or any other conservative had made this gaffe? meh I'm sooo tired of hearing about the media's crap-tastic-ness.

52. guest on February 19th, 2010 1:11 am

There are 700,000 people in Biden's state – the same number of students make up the school enrollment in Los Angeles – considering that not all of them voted for him, it's easy to figure out how he got into the Senate. Perhaps his constituents aren't as savvy as the Los Angeles students, and therefore unable to recognize his ineptitude, or perhaps they share the same mentality as the Los Angeles students demonstrate on demand and stay out of school to please their liberalistic teachers on a whim. Both groups lose their right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness in that they leave their futures to dunderheads like Biden.

53. Ridger on February 19th, 2010 1:44 am

Joe's a Dumbass but his recognition as a politition and willingness to give out our money blisfully then boost about an obvious never happened will fill hours of these quick clips. Now What The Sam Hell happened to Contract From America?

54. IRA on February 19th, 2010 2:33 am

Biden is dummer than the handels on my wheel borrow, and blinder than a bat in day time……………….A fence post does
    more work than he does,,holds up wires.

55. noel on February 19th, 2010 2:51 am

ok c'mon everyone…can we be a little less snarly…I am SO not a fan of Biden or Obama…but anyone could have made the "20th century" mistake…not such a big deal.
    The 3 letter "JOBS" is pretty funny and amazing that he didn't catch it as he said it,
    but not so surprising from Biden…let's laugh and move on and not get so nasty, eh?
    Let's stick to criticizing the misguided policies…and keep up the pressure to return to our Constitutional ideals, limited government, and fiscal responsibility….thanks.

56. Mike on February 19th, 2010 2:57 am

as has been said, "No man has a good enough memory to be a good liar!" BTW, I always thought (& I'm in my mid 50's) that potatoe was a valid spelling. Also, I believe that was on the card Quayle was give as 'the judge' of the spelling bee. Did you know who won in the spelling bee 10 years ago between Bill Clinton, (the late) Ted Kennedy and Dan Quayle? Dan Quayle! he was the only one who knew harass was only ONE word!

57. gene burns on February 19th, 2010 3:19 am

no joe it is not a joke on america. IT IS A SAD DAY FOR US. We need to vote everyone out–democrats & republicans starting with harry reed,pelosi,that idiot biden & that socalist obama. For what they have done they should not even have the right to live in this country. A country that was bought & built with thr blood of men just like you & me

58. StokeyBob on February 19th, 2010 3:49 am

Look where we led the world through the power of printing up fake money. Everyones doing it and look at the fix the worlds in.

59. lenna darlling on February 19th, 2010 11:02 am

LOL!

60. Dean on February 19th, 2010 11:36 am

Leaving the government out of this comment. I am a retired military man. Went to work for a factory in Michigan for several years and just got sick of the attitude of "I want as much as I can get for as little as I have to do" of the employees that worked for me. This is the attitude that the unions have instilled into the work force. Where is the dedication that I was taught by my father. Yes Michigan is being murdered by high taxes and big government but the morals of a honest days work for a honest days pay must return to society. I apologize to the few that still adhere to these values and thank them.

61. Liz Bartlett on February 19th, 2010 12:43 pm

Not to mention he has been plagiarizing certainly from college on! Had to even drop out of a presidenial race for that! Invent3

62. jerry on February 19th, 2010 3:27 pm

the same way his boss got elected. electorate stupidity but not for long. come on novermber

63. envarese1 on February 19th, 2010 4:08 pm

WELL, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A CAREER POLITICIAN…ALL HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IS LIE, HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SIMPLE MATH…I THINK THE OBUMA (OBAMA) & ALL HIS GOONIES SHOULD GO INTO HIBERNATION FOR A WHILE SO I CAN STOP LAUGHING LONG ENOUGH TO FIX MYSELF SOMETHING TO EAT & GET SOME…lol…lol…greywolf…

64. katty2 on February 19th, 2010 5:29 pm

A comment from the elitist left?? To think, his wife is a DR of education. She is apparently not one of the better teacher in the system if she can't even teach her husband how to speak. I agree with some of the others… if this weren't so scary it would actually be funny.

65. khhhh on February 19th, 2010 5:56 pm

I see senility on it's way, we deserve better.

66. john on February 19th, 2010 8:14 pm

Joe Biden is sitting on the stern with a paddle trying to steer the Great Ship Economy down the Potomac. He will soon run aground.

67. Usespellcheck on February 19th, 2010 8:15 pm

It is MUST.. we MUST.. not most.

68. john winters on February 19th, 2010 8:23 pm

Joe Bidden is sitting on the stearn of the Great Ship Economy trying to steer it down the Potomac with a paddle. He knows the destination but doesn't know how to get there.

69. Roberto Pablo on February 20th, 2010 4:06 am

This is just more evidence that Joe Biden is what I have said all along: a muttering old fool. Please, America…salvage your dignity in 2010 and 2012…VOTE THESE PEOPLE OUT!!

70. DIANNE SANCHEZ on February 20th, 2010 5:11 am

IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THE MESSES WE ARE IN, THERE IS ONE THAT IS FAR GREATER THAN ALL THE OTHERS. THAT IS THE AMOUNT OF CHILDREN IN THIS COUNTRY THAT ARE VICTIMS OF SEX ABUSE AND THE ABUSERS JUST CONTINUE TO GO THROUGH REVOLVING DOORS AT PRISONS. THE REAL CRIMINALS ARE THE JUDGES AND LAWYERS WHO GET THEM OUT. LIFE SENTANCE. THERE SHOULD BE A MEMORIAL BUILT TO OUR CHILDREN. SOMEONE WITH MONEY SHOULD DO WHAT WAS DONE FOR OUR SERVICE MEN AFTER THE SUFERING OF TWO WORLD WARS, KORIA AND VIETNAM. A HUGE MEMORIAL THAT WOULD TELL THE WORLD AND THIS COUNTRY THAT OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FINEST GIFT, NOT TO BE ABUSED AND VICTIMIZED. JUST DOING THAT WOULD HEAL SO MANY PEOPLE AND GIVE SO MUCH HOPE. IS THERE ANYONE WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING FOR OUR RAVAGED NATION. I WISH I KNEW. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD LISTEN TO THE CRIES OF THE BABES IN TERRIOR LAND.

71. DIANNE SANCHEZ on February 20th, 2010 5:23 am

YOU ARE A GOOD AMERICAN. COULD YOU PLEASE START DOING SHORT MOVIES ON YOUR TIME SLOT ABOUT HOW WE BECAME A NATION AND ABOUT OUR LAWS, CHRISTIAN HERITAGE AND OUR HERO'S AND HISTORY OF THE CONSTITUTION. JUST INFORMATIVE 15 MIN BLIPS AND THEN HOLD DISCUSIONS ABOUT THEM. AS A NATION THAT IS NOT BEING TAUGHT IN OUR SCHOOLS AND SO WE ARE IN A DANGER ZONE. YOU COULD MAKE SUCH A DIFFERANCE JUST BY BEING INFORMATIVE ABOUT JUST WHO WE ARE. THANK YOU.

72. Daren on February 20th, 2010 10:42 am

Democrats

73. Donna on February 20th, 2010 4:06 pm

We have alot of work to do America. It's not going to be enough just to vote for an " R". We need to educate ourselves and family and friends to find the right "Conservative" who will not be afraid to govern from the Constitution of The United States. Its back to the principles laid out by our Founding Fathers. That will rebuild our Country and make us whole again. Glenn Beck is a good Teacher!

74. Laura Orr on February 21st, 2010 12:58 am

How about the way Obama promounced the word "corps" when he was talking about the bravery of a soldier to whom he was awarding accolades.

75. Laura Orr on February 21st, 2010 1:01 am

The problem is, it is just not funny anymore, it is damn scary!

76. Mr. America on February 22nd, 2010 1:48 am

MAN, IF WE DON`T GET THESE PEOPLE OUT OF OFFICE ,
    WE ARE DOOMED !

77. Mr. America on February 22nd, 2010 1:55 am

Yes, WE the people have to put it back together again.
    I only hope they dont destroy too much of it befor we get a chance to restart our
    TRUE AMERICA again.
    I`m old enough to know that TRUTH works and LIES don`t.
    They don`t love this country , they love themselves.
    It` what you can GIVE not what you can TAKE !!!

78. candice n. on February 23rd, 2010 11:34 am

I too am concerned about the journalist that took it upon themselves to correct the statement. This should be a mega red flag about today's journalism ethics. Sad, sad, sad.

79. @trey1212 on February 23rd, 2010 10:57 pm

Forget Bush remember what they did to Quail?

80. Imagine if Sarah Palin had uttered this Biden gaffe | tomllewis on March 1st, 2010 12:13 am

[...] via The Powers That Be. [...]