First time I’ve ever seen a chalkboard get a standing ovation — but such is the nature of the current political mood in the country:

Comments

7 Responses to “Glenn Beck’s Speech at CPAC”

1. maladroit on February 21st, 2010 4:28 pm

This was THE speech of our times, or our generation. I watched it live, then again at 11:30, since I haven't received my free ObamaTiVo. Yet.
    Beck could have walked out of there, asked to be included in the straw poll, and beaten Ron Paul by a dozen points.
    Fantastic!
    What's better?
    Breitbart's continued barrage on the MSM all weekend long!

It's a new dawn, Dougie!

2. karen on February 21st, 2010 6:46 pm

Does anyone know where I can obtain the written version of Glenn Becks CPAC speech

3. Abby on February 21st, 2010 7:29 pm

We should be appreciative to Glenn Beck for the abuse and name calling he has to face from the Progressives that have infiltrated our country. He is a brave American and a Patriot. And above all of all… he isn't looking for your vote or your money. Only a hope that you would join in getting back our Republic with HONOR and not resorting to calling names. You know, it is interesting. When you can't dispute the facts, then you resort to insult, name-calling, trivializing, and diminishing the person. That is the cheapest shot I can think of. Stick to the facts, for if you do not, then you are an enemy of TRUTH.

4. jmb27 on February 21st, 2010 8:02 pm

Predatory Lending is a major contributor to the economic turmoil we are currently experiencing.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:
    Scott Veerkamp / Predatory Lending (Franklin Township School Board Member.)

Please review this information from U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley regarding deceptive lending practices:
    "Steering payments were made to brokers who enticed unsuspecting homeowners into deceptive and expensive mortgages. These secret bonus payments, often called Yield Spread Premiums, turned home mortgages into a SCAM."

The Center for Responsible Lending says YSP "steals equity from struggling families."
    1. Scott collected nearly $10,000 on two separate mortgages using YSP and junk fees. 2. This is an average of $5,000 per loan. 3. The median value of the properties was $135,000. 4. Clearly, this type of lending represents a major ripoff for consumers.

5. Doug on February 21st, 2010 8:09 pm

Karen, I've been looking for a transcript and haven't found one yet. I'll post a link here when I find one — or maybe somebody will beat me to it.

I'm guessing that by the end of Monday Beck will have a transcript on his site.

6. Scott B on February 22nd, 2010 3:45 am

It was a great speech! I think it's exactly what needed to be said. The chalkboard was a bit much, but I don't think Beck goes anywhere without one. ;)

Ironically, I saw Mike Huckabee on Geraldo (not sure why I stoppped on that show, ick) and they were telling each other that CPAC is quite irreleveant now…. Sorry "Huck" but THAT'S why not even Chuck Norris can help you get the GOP nomination.

(side note: USA beat Canada in Hockey 5-3!)

7. Rick on February 22nd, 2010 3:59 pm

It’s great the radio hosts can inspire the faithful but conservatives MUST field primary candidates to DEFEAT RINOs and DEMCOMs. Limbaugh,Beck,Hannity and Savage are not on any ballots. Ron Paul…hohum.