Wow, that honeymoon lasted about as long as my New Year’s resolution to stop calling Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi “Plugs” and “Stretch.”

In Glenn Beck’s CPAC speech Saturday night, he said that there’s little difference anymore between Republicans and Democrats. Bill Bennett said Beck was completely wrong. Yesterday, Scott Brown helped prove him right — and by “him” I mean Beck:

WASHINGTON, Feb 22 (Reuters) – A modest job-creation bill advanced in the U.S. Senate on Monday as the chamber’s newest Republican bucked his party and sided with Democrats on a $15 billion package of tax cuts and highway spending.

Republican Scott Brown joined four other Republicans, 55 Democrats and two independents to overcome a procedural hurdle that sets up a final vote later this week.
[...]
Brown said the bill was not perfect but would help put people back to work.

As far as I’m concerned, Scott Brown just drove his pickup truck off Dike Bridge with the taxpayers in the back and fled the scene.

But here’s what’s most troubling about Senator Brown so far:

“I hope my vote today is a strong step toward restoring bipartisanship in Washington,” he said in a statement.

Restoring the country to financially solid ground? Nah. Restoring the economy via the government backing off and easing the burden on the private sector so real jobs can be created? Nuh huh. “Restoring bipartisanship” so we can keep swirling down the toilet with Democrats and a few Republicans agreeing to ride the wave with their arms in the air and yelling “Wheeeee“? Yep.

Republican definition of “bipartisan”: Republicans joining with Democrats.

Democrat definition of “bipartisan”: Republicans joining with Democrats.

I’d wager that the people in Massachusetts didn’t vote for Brown to “restore bipartisanship” in Washington, but I’m not really surprised by this.

Of course, this is simply a procedural vote, and Massachusetts voters could make his phone ring off the hook and influence him before the final vote. Tell him there’s a new spread in Cosmo in it for him if he changes his mind.

Brown is supporting “Stimulus II” — and the first stimulus was so incredibly successful that the Democrats changed the name to “jobs bill” and claim it’s nothing like the first one (any ad guru will tell you that when you’re trying to sell the sequel to something really popular, the first thing you do is strip it of all it’s branding). The “jobs bill” is Stimulus I in the federal witness protection program. Thanks for falling for it, Senator Brown.

Comments

11 Responses to “Scott Brown Drives Pickup Truck Off Dike Bridge With Taxpayers in the Back”

1. steveegg on February 23rd, 2010 1:45 pm

So much for the campaign promise to be fiscally-responsible. How long before Brown signs onto PlaceboCare 4.0 (i.e. the official version of ObamaCare)? After all, all he promised was to be vote #41 against the previous three while praising the virtues of RomneyCare.

2. Nick on February 23rd, 2010 2:15 pm

You all just suppor the (R) no matter what during the campaign. I thought Brown was a huge step in "taking the country back". FYI, Bush drove more of your taxdollars off a cliff than Obama ever will.

3. Jeremie Jordan on February 23rd, 2010 2:53 pm

Nick are you an idiot in real life or do you just play one on this blog? Obama has almost driven more tax payer dollars off a cliff in ONE year than Bush did in 8. Need a calculator?

As for Brown, I don't mind him not voting with the republicans 100% of the time. It shows he is a free thinker. I may not agree with him, but I respect his reasons.

4. Rick on February 23rd, 2010 4:05 pm

Jeremie.lol.

Rush gives Brown a pass on his “jobz” vote. I think the new senator should have “danced with the one that brung him” through the next election cycle.

It probably says more about us, expecting people that live and work in the world’s largest whorehouse to act otherwise.

5. Nick on February 23rd, 2010 6:48 pm

"Rush gives Brown a pass on his "jobz" vote."

Good, now you know how to think for today. Rush chimed in.

Jeremie. yes, I guess I need your magical Fox narrative calculator? Bush spent into oblivion, and you had nothing to say. Who exactly is the idiot here?

6. Zel on February 23rd, 2010 7:35 pm

Lots of Conservatives had things to say about the spending of Bush. We were furious that he was "acting like a liberal." Get past that tired worn out old cliche, will you, it shows an enormous lack of imagination. Plus, BUSH IS NO LONGER PRESIDENT. And, just because Bush spent like a drunken sailer, doesn't mean that Oborto has the excuse to do 10X the damage of Bush. What kind of idiotus backward logic is that.

7. Nick on February 23rd, 2010 8:02 pm

Zel, that may be true (but you all hung with him) but I promise you Jeremie was a loyal Bushie.

In reality, Zel, Obama isn't doing 10x the damage. Key word is "reality". If you use things like math….

8. archer52 on February 23rd, 2010 8:46 pm

Brown is who he is. His prior record would have supported his choice this time. It was the giddy conservatives that stuck a finger in the Kennedy eye that made him something he wasn't. That said, he should have passed on this one saying that there is already two thirds of the last stimulus to be released (the part the dems are holding back for payoffs in the fall) and made an issue of that.

Too bad he chose the low road.

9. pete on February 23rd, 2010 10:09 pm

Why would they need to sign a new bill in when most of the banks paid the stimulus bill back. Were did that money go ? up pelosi sn*atch ? Who are they trying to fool?

10. Jeremie Jordan on February 24th, 2010 12:48 pm

Nick, you know no nothing about me. Trust me on that one. Your first clue might have been that I was defending Scott Brown voting with the Democrats. Your genius never fails to impress me

11. _CJ_ on February 24th, 2010 7:24 pm

Only in 1943-1945 was it a higher percentage of GDP. And that's the nicest way to try and spend it.

Forget any "Fox narrative calculator." When your own beloved 5th Column, The NY Times, calls Obama's numbers "stunning" with a deficit at 4 times the previous year…