I had no idea that the U of T had a Hoaxology department, but they must:

University of Tennessee Interim President Jan Simek this morning presented a proposal to trustees to award an honorary doctoral degree from UT Knoxville to former vice president and Nobel Peace Prize winner Al Gore.

The proposal was approved by the UT Board of Trustees Academic Affairs and Student Success Committee, but the proposal will go before the full board for final approval this afternoon. Trustees are on the UT Martin campus for their winter board meeting.
[...]
Trustee Doug Horne said Gore “has been a leader and a courageous Tennesseean.”

“I can’t think of anyone … who is more deserving,” Horne said. “We need to realize that we have recognized other public leaders … every leader deserves more praise than they get.”

Well, at least every Democrat leader deserves more praise, isn’t that right Mr. Horne?

Hopefully the staff at Knoxville’s McGhee-Tyson airport is readying a spot for Al’s private jet and there’s plenty of parking on campus for Al’s limo convoy, because it’s imperative that the students hear his message about the need to dramatically cut greenhouse gas emissions.

(h/t Instapundit)

Comments

13 Responses to “University of Tennessee to Give Al Gore Honorary Doctorate in Hoaxology”

1. Rick on February 26th, 2010 5:24 pm

The UT board is a political toy of our State Legislature(read taxpayer/Lotto money).The Repubs took a slim majority recently so the Dims are paying off “high achieverz” before being replaced.

UT has a dept that studies rotting corpses.Look for Obama to recieve a language award.

2. Nanny on February 26th, 2010 8:27 pm

I think all public funding should be yanked from these schools. They are just tools of propaganda.

3. Nick on February 26th, 2010 8:48 pm

Right Nanny! Burn those textbooks. Hang those witches! Global Warming is a Hoax! Let's teach "creationsim" in schools.

Science is the devil's tool.

You are a complete idiot.

@Rick. Please try and make some sense.

4. Rick on February 26th, 2010 9:08 pm

F-o-r N-i-c-k…
    AlGore’s bogus Doctorate is from a bunch of c-o-r-r-u-p-t political hacks! Dr.Gore?I think not!

O-b-a-m-a does NOT know how to pronounce corps,as in US Marine Corps. He says corpse,as in Ted Kennedy.

5. Nanny on February 26th, 2010 10:57 pm

I think all public funding should be yanked from these schools. They are just tools of propaganda that turn out uneducated, liberal morons like 7th grade Nick who just repeat progressive talking points trying to sound grown up.

6. Doug on February 27th, 2010 2:35 am

When the same person who says "Global warming means no more snow!" says "Global warming means more intense blizzards!" a year and a half later, some might call it "science" but I call it "comedy."

And I'd rather have my kids taught "creationism" in school than peddled the religion for suckers and scam artists that they preach at the Church of Gore.

7. Doug on February 27th, 2010 2:52 am

Frankly I'd rather have my kids taught "creationism" in school than peddled the religion for suckers and scam artists that they preach at the Church of Gore. You guys are no different than those people you pick on who send their life savings to Benny Hinn, you just don't know it.

And "de-funding" amounts to "book burning" now? Haha! Leave it to the libs to make turning off the public spigot a Nazi-like act. You morons sure don't seem to have an aversion to burning somebody else's checkbook.

8. archer52 on February 27th, 2010 3:52 am

Fools slapping the back of fools is something we should not concern ourselves with. The scam has been busted. Britain's people are polling down into the thirties on global warming and we are years behind them.

It's over at the argument level. The problem is Goldman Sachs and group (including Al Gore's company) have investing millions in setting up "carbon credits" exchanges. There was possibly trillions of dollars to be exchanged in credits giving the opportunity to earn billions in fees. THAT is a huge temptation for politicians and those who fund them. Even that Rick guy has to realize that it is a bad idea to give them our money.

9. Jim on February 27th, 2010 3:25 pm

As A tennessean, and former ut student, I am appaled. What A crock!!!!! And yes, I did not use a capital letter for tennessee, because it no longer deserves it. This good ole boy network has has taken this state down. When you give a lying sob a doctrate, that is taking it way too far!!!!!!

10. voltogo on March 3rd, 2010 4:22 pm

I too am ashamed of my alma mater. Are they so dumb that they think this is just one more way to embarass Bush who has demonstrated time and time again that he doesn't give a flying ***** what the left wing, hollywood and scandinavian imbeciles do. This is as absurd and stupid as Obama getting the Nobel. UT will be similarly ridiculed.

11. sepho on March 3rd, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm sure UT was paid very handsomely with taxpayer money to commit this farce. But I would support a doctorate in clownology.

12. derek on March 3rd, 2010 8:09 pm

what a pathetic joke..

13. Dorhero on March 10th, 2010 12:52 am

UT submit an idea: tennesseetoday@utk.edu