And when I say “hand gun” I really mean a hand gun:

IONIA — To the little boy’s mother, it was just a 6-year-old boy playing around.

But when Mason Jammer, a kindergarten student at Jefferson Elementary in Ionia, curled his fist into the shape of a gun Wednesday and pointed it at another student, school officials said it was no laughing matter.

They suspended Mason until Friday, saying the behavior made other students uncomfortable, said Erin Jammer, Mason’s mother.

School officials allege Mason had displayed this kind of behavior for several months, despite numerous warnings.

“I do think it’s too harsh for a six-year-old,” said Jammer, who was previously warned that if Mason continued the practice he would be suspended. “He’s six and he just likes to play.”

California used to be a couple thousand miles away from my little, sane area of Michigan. Now it’s about ten miles from my house and fast approaching.

Comments

6 Responses to “Kindergartner Suspended for Hand Gun in School”

1. TyM on March 5th, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok, I'm a huge gun nut. I hate zero tolerance laws. I want nationwide concealed carry laws that don't require licenses. Heck, I got my concealed carry permit the day I turned 18 and got a Glock 19 with 2 hi-cap mags for my highschool graduation present from my parents (this was right after Clinton banned the manufacture of more than 10 round mags). I took my daughter to her first gun show when she was 3 1/2 years old.

That said, this does not seem like a case of the school overreacting. The text you posted shows that this was an ongoing thing and that he had been warned numerous times. I'm sure the parents were warned also.

2. Doug on March 5th, 2010 5:29 pm

The kid's parents may have been warned several times, when when you look at some of the kids who are allowed to disrupt class who can't be booted out because it would "harm their self esteem" or some such thing, it can be funny.

But maybe that's why Obama's "Safe Schools Czar" is promoting masturbation to school kids — they can't simulate guns if their hands are otherwise occupied.

3. Nanny on March 5th, 2010 11:19 pm

Another example of extremely poor parenting. I am sick and tired of the progressive teachings to not ruin the child's self esteem. What that kid needs is some plain old fashioned discipline. Making hand gestures like he has a gun and pointing it at the age of six shows that he has piss poor parents not willing to do their jobs.

4. Rick on March 5th, 2010 11:13 pm

This stirs a memory.I thought I was the
    only kid in the history of the US to be kicked out of kindergarten,never to return.

Other than a natural distain for pompous authoritarians,I went on to First Grade and had no further discipline problems. Of course,NO ONE ever tried to put an apron on me again!

If little Mason had balled his “gun” into a fist and decked the student,would he get the needle?

5. Dandapani on March 6th, 2010 1:49 am

Zero tolerance == Zero intelligence.

6. Eventually Leftists will hit China………… « The Daley Gator on March 5th, 2010 11:54 pm

[...] 5, 2010 · Leave a Comment If they continue digging furiously in the Pit of Asininity And when I say “hand gun” I really mean a hand gun: IONIA — To the [...]