Join me, won’t you please, in eating an extra helping of your favorite meat this Saturday in honor of the horribly misguided and economically-challenged Michigan governor:

LANSING, Michigan — A resolution proclaiming March 20 a “meatless” day is being called a “meat-headed” decision by the state’s top agriculture groups.

The resolution, sponsored by the Great American Meatout of Michigan, was endorsed by Mich. Gov. Jennifer Granholm and “encourages the residents of this state to choose not to eat meat.”

The resolution is critical of dairy and livestock foods, blaming them for sickening millions of Americans and says vegans and vegetarians are on the rise, with increased benefits of meat-free diets.

The meat packing company not far from where I sit is really going to appreciate this. Oh well, it’s not as if our unemployment rate is high and our economy is tanking or anything like that.

All I’ve got to say to this is, “From my cold, dead barbecue grill!”

Governor Granholm, take a look at the steak below, because on Saturday, that’s going to be merely the appetizer before the actual dinner-sized steak arrives:

Put “Meatless Day” up there on my list of “Governor Granholm’s Greatest Hits,” along with these:

–Granholm said she wanted to lure big business to Michigan, and then gave tax breaks to a hypocritical anti-capitalism, capitalist-pig filmmaker to shoot movies in the state that bash big business.

–Granholm offered millions of dollars in tax breaks to lure tech firms from Massachusetts to Michigan, and recently outsourced a state contract for tech work to a firm in… Massachusetts. Think about it and you’ll get almost as dizzy as the governor.

–My all time Granholm “let the idiocy shine” moment: A few years ago, Granholm had a petition on the State of Michigan’s website that she was asking state employees (and the rest of us dumb enough to do so) to sign. The petition demanded that the government get involved to reduce profits raked in by evil big oil companies. What Granholm didn’t mention was that the State of Michigan had well over $800 million of the state’s pension fund invested in Exxon-Mobile stock. Michigan’s illustrious bonehead-in-chief was in essence asking state employees to sign a petition to devalue their own pensions. Sheer genius.

Granholm is one of Barack Obama’s economic advisors.

It all makes sense now, doesn’t it?

Please pass the steaks and burgers.

Comments

8 Responses to “‘Meatless Day’ in Michigan? What We Really Need is an ‘Idiot Free Government Day’”

1. Nanny on March 18th, 2010 7:36 pm

I am so "blown away" by her sheer genious – ugh.

2. Barb on March 19th, 2010 1:34 am

Doug, even though I am in New York, I despise idiots, morons, animal rights activists, enviros, and the rest of this wonderful crowd. So, will do my absolute best to indulge in all kinds of meat.

3. Doug on March 19th, 2010 1:40 am

Barb, even though you're in NY, you'll be able to see the smoke from my grill on Saturday.

Nanny, I still have a speck of hope for this state, which is why I haven't been "blown away" yet like so many others — but if things keep going in this direction all bets are off!

4. Nanny on March 19th, 2010 12:32 pm

Perhaps a few more tax breaks for felons will get us out this economic rut.

5. Rick on March 19th, 2010 3:08 pm

tasty pic.That steak is almost up to Obama’s standard fare.

“Meathead Day” is the perfect time to use my gift certificate at Cracker Barrel for steak,burger or links.

PiDay was last Sn.I had apple.

6. archer52 on March 20th, 2010 12:46 pm

Frankly, her stunning lack of intellect and vacant moral standards makes me wonder exactly how she got where she got. Dumber than a bag of hammers. I know what it says about her, but what does it say about MI voters and how insane that state has become. One of the blessed side effects of the recession and Obama's election is it stripped away the facade that many radicals and progressives were hiding behind. In a way both acted like tear gas thrown into a barricaded house. It brought them out where everybody can see them for what they are- characters from Alice in Wonderland.

7. Mark "the engineer" on March 21st, 2010 12:48 am

We're from MI…I'm sorry. In honor of G-String Jenny’s Meatless Michigan proclamation we celebrated the event with steak and eggs for breakfast. My son the butcher cut it so thick I could hear my arteries close. Meat is murder, tasty, tasty murder.

BTW, If this state elects another Marxist either the rest of MI is going to secede from Wayne County or I’m moving my talents…and tax dollars…to Texas with Uncle Ted.

8. RC form KC on March 27th, 2010 4:03 am

I love meat but Governor Granholm is on the right track health wise, we are all killing ourselves with the diet we eat. Its to bad that so many of us will have to come to a health crisis before we realize what we have done to ourselves. Last year I was diagnosed with diabetes and have almost eliminated meat and dairy products from my diet, I have lost seventy five pounds and no longer have to take medication for diabetes or high blood pressure which I had before, I have done this by eating a mostly vegan diet. Do I miss meat, yeah a lot, do I miss the medication I no longer take no. For me its a trade off, I can eat healthy and live or I can continue with the normal diet most of us eat and try to control blood pressure and diabetes with medicine which for most people fails sooner or later and suffer the normal fate of people who have these problems, my doctor tells me they usually die from heart trouble before it becomes necessary to remove body parts of go blind. So decide for yourselves it becomes a question of quality of life.