If you’re wondering if the Bush Derangement Syndrome has died down at all, one high school principal in Georgia reminds us that the answer to that question is “nah, not really”:

A Henry County parent is complaining he wasn’t notified when Atlanta rapper T.I. was invited to speak to his children’s school. And he was shocked by the response the school’s principal gave him.
[...]
Myers was upset that T.I., a convicted felon also known as Clifford Harris, was speaking to students at Woodland Middle School.
[...]
In an e-mail to principal Terry Oatts, Myers said he told Oatts to give parents a choice of whether to “allow our children to be exposed to these questionable individuals.”

The principal responded to the parent’s concern in a thoughtful, caring, unbiased manner worthy of a top-notch educator. Just kidding…

Oatts’ reply, according to e-mails provided to WSB: “I thought about asking a guy who snorted cocaine and got arrested for DUI when he was 30 to come and speak to our kids, but President George W. Bush was not available.”

Maybe no child should be left behind, but some principals should be.

Incidentally, with a little Googling I was able to find out that Principal Oatts is a fan of civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois (Oatts even wrote a book about him). Du Bois once referred to genocidal maniac Joseph Stalin as “a great man.”

So I guess the fact that Oatts isn’t a fan of Bush is a compliment to Bush of the highest order, but lord only knows what the kids are being taught.

Comments

13 Responses to “High School Principal Makes Bush Take the Rap”

1. Nanny on April 23rd, 2010 1:40 pm

This is what our tax money pays for? I bet if we looked at the backgrounds of the teachers in the Detroit school district we would find many like Oatts. Which would explain the 25% graduation rate in that district.

2. Nick on April 23rd, 2010 2:03 pm

So anyone who criticizes Bush has "Bush Derangement Syndrome":. But teabagging loons who draw Nazi parallels to Health Care Reform are sound Americans and critical thinkers

Just want to make sure I have that right.

3. Erik on April 23rd, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks for the typical idiot liberal response, Nick. Not sure how the Tea Party protesters have anything to do with a moronic educator that injects his dimwitted liberal politics into his profession….but I'm sure you'll find a way to justify a comparison yourself.

And great comment Doug, I drove around for hours in my Humvee myself….

4. Nanny on April 23rd, 2010 4:04 pm

Only a lib like Nick would defend such a poor excuse for an educator. And apparently on those lib sites that Nick visits they never disparraged or depicted Bush as Hitler. Or depicted Condoleeza Rice as a big lipped Aunt Jemimah or Clarence Thomas as an Uncle Tom.

5. Doug on April 23rd, 2010 2:10 pm

A high school principle who answers a parent's question about a rapper-felon's visit to his kid's school by taking a shot at Bush would qualify as a healthy case of BDS… yes.

If a "teabagging loon" were principle of a kid's school and bashed Obama in a response to a completely unrelated topic I doubt you'd be defending the principle in question.

And welcome back, Nick! I burned a huge pile of tires last night in honor of Earth Day. How about you?

6. Nick on April 23rd, 2010 4:21 pm

Did I defend the educator? No, I simply pointed out that when someone criticizes Bush, Dougiepooh thinks they have a "derangement syndrome.". But when someone criticizes Obama – they are good loyal Americans defending freedom!

Just shining a light on the horsebleep logic you pinheads use.

Doug, the best way to enjoy a good tire burning is to get in close and breath deep. Give it a try next time.

7. Doug on April 23rd, 2010 4:32 pm

Excuse me, I'm tripping on all these apples and oranges Nick just threw on the ground…

8. Joseph Meyer on April 23rd, 2010 5:45 pm

Why do you folks insist on accusing those with whom you disagree of inserting their scrota into each others mouths? Nice level of diction, adds to your credibility.

9. Nanny on April 23rd, 2010 8:29 pm

My, Nick is such a caring and concerned liberal by wishing the host of this site ill health.

10. Nick on April 23rd, 2010 8:32 pm

Ill health? It was Doug who seemed to think those who cared for the Earth deserved scorn? I was simply supporting his beliefs, encouraging him to breath deeply in his philosophical excercises.

I hope you are well, Nanny.

11. Rhymes With Right on April 25th, 2010 1:10 am

Did you just suggest the fine old practice of "necklacing" as a penalty for criticizing Obama? How progressive of you!

But then again, you no doubt think that the implicit threat of murder of political dissenters is just fine, due to the racistsexisthomophobiceliminationist nature of anyone who does not worship at the altar of Obamunism.

12. Rhymes With Right on April 25th, 2010 1:12 am

Actually, you were implicitly calling for his murder using a method perfected Winnie Mandela's murderous thugs.

Given that we conservatives have long observed and criticized the murderous practices of the progressive left and its heroes, we know exactly what you meant.

13. CAP22 on June 6th, 2010 10:44 pm

Apparently you did not do enough googling because Dr. Oatts is a middle school principal in Henry County, GA