The good news: The obesity cavalry has been called in.

The bad news: They broke the backs of their horses.

From the Detroit News:

Rachael Ray, the peppy television cooking queen, met with Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Lansing, this afternoon to chat about child nutrition and obesity.

The stop at the Michigan senator’s office came on a tightly scheduled nutrition-themed tour of Capitol Hill, during which Ray — who rose to fame through heavy backing by TV mogul Oprah Winfrey — was slated to meet with other influential female lawmakers, including Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.

I’ve met Debbie Stabenow, and trust me, she’s in no position to be making decisions on how other people should lose weight. Frankly I’m not surprised that Jupiter is missing one of its belts, because I think I saw Debbie using it to hold her pants up.

If Stabenow’s doing anything to fight obesity, it’s that she’s devouring everything in sight so there isn’t any left for the rest of us.

And Rachael Ray? She’s not at “obese” but she looks like she’s a plate of pasta primavera, a handful of marshmallows and a mild bout of depression away from getting there.

It seems like it was only yesterday that Rachael Ray was peddling “crack for kids” as the celebrity spokesperson for Dunkin Donuts. Wait, it was only yesterday. Oh well, Michelle Obama was on the Board of a snack food company, so I guess it’s alright.

As soon as Debbie and Rachael have an anti-obesity plan in place they’ll run everything by Michael Moore (or slowly walk it by him anyway) just to make sure he’s on board with the methodology.

(h/t TheBlogProf)

Comments

9 Responses to “Babyfat Cooking Show Lady Meets With Lardbutt Senator to Discuss Childhood Obesity Epidemic”

1. Mark1957 on May 13th, 2010 10:48 pm

Debbie Stabenow looks alot like Mrs. Doubtfire, Doug. I hope Ms. Ray brought a plate full of meatball "Sammies" for her meeting along with a gallon of EVOO !

2. Nanny on May 13th, 2010 9:35 pm

I Hate Rachel Ray and I belong to the group of the same name. She drives me friggin nuts!!!

3. jojo on May 14th, 2010 3:39 am

I canceled my subscription to Rachel Ray's magazine after she promoted Blowhole Gore and his movie, An Incontinent Truth on her show.
    I do regret comparing her ass to those of the poor desperate polar bears in my email to the publisher.

4. Sushil on May 15th, 2010 5:41 am

As we continue to grapple with Obesity, a question that is not getting too much attention is the role Alternative systems of medicine like Ayurveda can play in controlling / curing obesity. A system based on Nature can not be all that bad :-)

5. Richard the Great on May 17th, 2010 3:15 am

Call me a chubby-chaser, but I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't do Rachel Ray.

6. Laura Desere on July 1st, 2010 8:57 pm

All of these comments are immature and mean! Leave people's weights alone!!!

7. Michelle Malkin » And the Award for Best Supporting Role in Fetal Murder Goes To… on July 16th, 2010 3:41 pm

[...] I realized the same about Debbie Stabenow the day the very overweight Senator dedicated herself to lowering the rate of childhood obesity (Though admittedly Stabenow’s strategy of “if I eat all the food there won’t be [...]

8. And the Award for Best Supporting Role in Fetal Murder Goes To… | The Daily Conservative on July 17th, 2010 3:35 pm

9. Deborah Richardson on December 26th, 2014 5:10 am

Laura Desere what seem immature to you? You have a freedom to give you opinion that is why they have commented here. Thanks