Big Government has the story of James O’Keefe, of “busting ACORN” fame, who got hired as a Census worker in New Jersey using his real name (these boneheads don’t read the news much, do they?).

To the credit of George Stephanopoulos, ABC’s Good Morning America had Breitbart and O’Keefe on the air to discuss the following recording, and most certainly this kind of thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

Your tax dollars at work — but often play:

The irony is that the Census Bureau dropped ACORN as a participant in the coordination of the count after O’Keefe’s ACORN-busting videos were made public. What will the Census Bureau do now that this video is out? Drop the Census Bureau?

If O’Keefe is found out and fired, he’ll probably be re-hired several more times just to the government can count each re-hiring as a “new job created.”

Comments

7 Responses to “James O’Keefe Gets Hired As a Census Worker; Predictable Waste of Taxpayer Dollars Ensues”

1. swede on June 1st, 2010 6:50 pm

"No one is going to be auditing at that level."

SOP for government work. I worked one summer in College as a supervisor at a state park. We were required to submit a budget and the park manager told us to over estimate the actual staff hours, equipment and materials needed by about 30%. The bean counters routinely cut the requests about 10%. Then he said be sure to use all funds or the allocations would be cut next year. The only auditing was from the manager's office. It was actually hard to spend all of it and not look like a complete idiot and aside from my conscience eating at me I was worried about getting found out and messing up my young and meager resume. That's why I only did it one season.

2. Joyanna Adams on June 1st, 2010 6:51 pm

The ending was fun! Moonwalking census taker! Yeah…this stuff has been going on for years…anyone who has walked into a government office sees people sitting at desks, or walking around doing…nothing. Basically…lunch hour can last all day.

Thanks for posting…I hope this guy keeps it up.

3. OK_Loyalist on June 1st, 2010 10:23 pm

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

I bet they don't fire him, therefore Prez Yo' Momma can finally prove a "job saved"!

4. Jersey McJones on June 1st, 2010 11:20 pm

They weren't supposed to get paid for lunch. that's a pretty big no-no. This O'Keefe guy really seems to have a nose for this stuff. Too bad he only does it for rightwing causes.

JMJ

5. Angelatc on June 2nd, 2010 12:07 am

I thought having an honest government was a left wing cause. Right wingers want smaller government.

6. Larkin S. on June 18th, 2010 2:56 pm

How is proving fraud and abuse a "Right Wing" cause? I figured any decent person would oppose the scandals that O'Keefe exposes. Just wondering.

7. eulogy samples on May 25th, 2011 5:50 am

The domain of multimillion dollar corporations, the concept of branding is being embraced by individuals and small businesses as a means to distinguish themselves from the competition.Thanks for sharing the informative post. Regards. david77