White House Press Corps liberal geezer Helen Thomas has apologized for saying Jews should get out of Palestine and go back to Poland and Germany (uh, some of them have kinda bad memories there, Hel):

“I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.”

Oh sure, that day may come soon, but not as long as Helen Thomas continues to flap her dentures.

Reminds me of that old Freudian slip joke:

“My wife got mad at me last night at the dinner table and I had to apologize.”

“Why?”

“Well, I meant to say ‘pass the salt,’ but instead I accidentally said ‘you f*#@*-g b**ch you ruined my life.”

Comments

9 Responses to “Helen Thomas Apologizes for Anti-Jew Rant, Claims She Only Meant to Say ‘Nice Weather We’re Having’”

1. Philip Boucher on June 5th, 2010 5:42 pm

You know what they say at the JPL Mars Mission operations: "Close enough!"

2. swede on June 5th, 2010 5:52 pm

Hey, don't worry about it Hamas…I mean Hezbolah…I mean Hellen. Hell, we all have moments when we lose control of our pseudo-righteous pretense and say exactly what's on our mind and in our heart. You go girl!! No, seriously. Go. Away.

3. OK_Loyalist on June 5th, 2010 4:27 pm

It's Helen's brother … http://tinyurl.com/d3mznj … or is it Helen ?

4. je pressman on June 5th, 2010 8:06 pm

Shame on the White House Press corps for indulging Madame Thomas's points of view. Insensitive doesn't begin to describe those comments. Contemporary media people should grill Thomas about her anti-semitism,which spilled out in a noxious manner not unlike the BP oil fiasco befouling of coastal waters. Retire Thomas!

5. Steve on June 5th, 2010 9:42 pm

Doug:

I just wanted to say your blog rocks! Keep up the great work – here and at Hot Air!

Steve
    Common Cents http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

6. @directorblue on June 5th, 2010 9:43 pm

I think she prefers her formal title, 'Ubersturmbannführer Helen'

7. Steve on June 6th, 2010 2:17 pm

Hello:

Today is the 66th anniversary of the D-Day Invasion of Normandy…

We have video of Ronald Reagan's very moving speech at the memorial in Normandy for the 40th anniversary when he gave his famous "You are the boys of Pointe du Hoc – you are the men who freed a continent" posted now on Common Cents (Sunday Reads).

Steve
    Common Cents http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

8. Nanny on June 6th, 2010 5:34 pm

If Daniel Pearl (Jewish and a journalist that gave his life to his country) were still alive, I wonder what he would have thought of Helen's comments? And if no other so called journalists call her out of this then we REALLY know what side of the war they are on. To let this hag make comments like this and think all of America thinks the same way is truly disgusting. There is no honor among these traitors to their profession.

9. michaelthom on November 3rd, 2010 12:49 am

One dumb comment shouldn't undermine an entire career of distinction, of service, and courage.