Too funny because it’s too true.

Dick Armey commenting about MSNBC lead-grimacer Keith Olbermann:

“Any legitimate newsperson would be embarrassed to see them pretending to be newspeople,” he said of MSNBC. “They’re not news people. They’re political hacks,” he said, specifically citing the network’s liberal hosts Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann. “I’m sorry. I watch that network. I watch that Keith Olberby guy — cracks me up. I know very well he’s never gotten over the Americans beating the Russians in ’80. And he’s got this mean nasty side to him, and it’s entertaining, but don’t tell me he’s a newsperson. It’s a disrespect to the profession.”

Armey has no doubt earned himself a “Worst person in the wooorrrrlllld” award.

Comments

11 Responses to “Armey on Olbermann”

1. swede on June 17th, 2010 2:22 pm

Well, journalism has devolved into pro wrestling, no?. I was a wrestler for a year in high school. In any other sport, an exceptional athlete could go pro and make a good living. Pro Wrestlers are not athletes at all, but actors, and very bad ones at that. More like Caracatures. Is "Professional Journalism" any different? Like Pro Wrestling, I can not stand to watch Couric, Olby, Matthews or Madcow for even two minutes. It offends even my rather limited intelligence. Thank God (and Al Gore) for the WWW. One could make a very good case that Doug and some other net news pioneers are the only true journalists left.

2. Nanny on June 17th, 2010 2:53 pm

On top of my birthday cocktail at 5 pm – I'll drink to that!

3. swede on June 17th, 2010 3:20 pm

Happy Birthday! May those who bless you be blessed, and may those who curse you have bird droppings baking in the hot sun on their new Prius.

I'll drink to your birthday as well. Good an excuse as any!

4. Nanny on June 17th, 2010 3:33 pm

Aww Thanks Swede! And I'll drink to the bird droppings on the Prius too!

5. Doug on June 17th, 2010 6:23 pm

Happy Birthday Nanny! I'll have a cocktail for you later too… at least I'll have a good excuse tonight. Last night's excuse was that it was Joe Piscopo's birthday, and that was kind of weak.

6. OK_Loyalist on June 17th, 2010 7:45 pm

LOL

Happy Birthday Nanny, hoist one up for me too !

Boy is he going to hate us in the morning :D

7. Nanny on June 17th, 2010 10:01 pm

I would have had a drink last nite too but I was too hung over from Tues nite. Couldn't watch Zero read his prompter so I sat on the patio and watched the bird feeder and tipped a few! Wonder if there are any funds that I could apply for to watch the birds. AZ got 1.25 mil for squirels. That would keep me in Vodka/Tonic/Limes stock for quite some time!

8. Nanny on June 17th, 2010 10:08 pm

Took tomorrow off to go north to the cottage so I can imbibe for all of you tonite! After listening to the libs roast of BP today I need to go north for a bon fire and pretend I am a democrat. Ugh – that is an awful thought. I cannot fathom even pretending to be lib – makes my skin crawl. Besides all the neighbors up there are Obamabots. I'll settle for more cocktails, loud music and buying our gas at BP.

9. Nanny on June 17th, 2010 10:11 pm

By the way – Happy Fathers Day to all you dads! Have a great day and cherish those special children that make you proud to be a father!

10. Ken in Texas on June 18th, 2010 2:38 am

Goddamn! I fell into a frat party here! Gimme another Jim Beam and Coke. Doug; You gotta control these folks. Here I am, a Texan, and I'm sort'a feelin' suckin' dust!

11. Nanny on June 18th, 2010 12:31 pm

Well Ken – hop in your pickup and drive to Michigan and enjoy a cocktail or two with us. Liberals like to describe us as stuffy and uptight but we all know true conservatives like to enjoy the fruits of their labor.