Milwaukee, Wisconsin, like some other cities, is considering boycotting Arizona over its immigration law. One of the people debating the issue is a genius named Peggy West, who is a Democrat County Supervisor, and proud to be the “first Latino/Hispanic American to be elected to the Milwaukee County Board.”

From the “meet the people who cancel your vote out” file, here’s Peggy, completely unaware that Arizona borders Mexico. Oddly enough though, I’ll bet she’s just as knowledgeable of the actual content of Arizona’s immigration law as Eric Holder is:

A guy at the end tries to straighten her out, but the frustrating thing about idiots is that nobody can ever convince them that they’re idiots — which is why they’re idiots.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

19 Responses to “Milwaukee County Supervisor Supports Boycotting Arizona as Energetically as She Boycotted Geography Class”

1. Ken in Texas on June 25th, 2010 2:44 am

Doug, can you come up with an E-mail address for this dumb broad? She needs some heat. By the way, my wife compared the "summoning" of McChristle by Obama being comparable to Hercules being "summoned" by Little Lord Fauntleroy.

2. Doug on June 25th, 2010 12:53 am

Now that you mention it, her contact info is toward the top of this page:

She did Texas proud though, because she does appear to know that you share a border with Mexico!

3. nannykins on June 25th, 2010 12:11 pm

Perhaps Ms. West should be promoting more geography education in Wisconsin instead of promoting a boycott of Arizona. What an effin ditz!!!!

4. Mark1957 on June 25th, 2010 12:21 pm

So that is what DailyKos / HuffPo posters look like, I always wondered.

5. nannykins on June 25th, 2010 11:23 am

I emailed her and she actually answered me with the snotty retort – "You have never had a slip of the tongue?"

I am wondering if she was speaking about her dumb comment or was she the Al Gore massage specialist?

6. nannykins on June 25th, 2010 1:58 pm

7. Doug on June 25th, 2010 2:08 pm

So idiocy is a "slip of the tongue" now? That's funny!

8. havermeyer on June 25th, 2010 2:09 pm

I bet she knows which other fast food chains border the local McDonald's. By local, I mean every McDonald's in any bordering county. Someone should try explaining borders to her in these sorts of terms.

She was probably the first name on the ballot. One of these pollsters should start investigating how far this first name listed business goes. (I'm assuming of course the Canadian providence of Wisconsin elects supervisors)

9. Big Dave on June 25th, 2010 2:13 pm

I grew up in Milwaukee county and I'm very embarassed. The county board is bloated, oudated, and needs to be trimmed. I'm guessing that the first requirement to be on the baord is a HS diploma…

10. havermeyer on June 25th, 2010 2:19 pm

uh…province?? nice

11. Doug on June 25th, 2010 2:23 pm

(I'm assuming of course the Canadian province of Wisconsin elects supervisors)

Ha! Well done…

12. Clu Seatoe on June 25th, 2010 3:32 pm

Curiously it always seems be the angry, frumpy, unkempt ones like Ms. Westreguez.

13. cdt on June 25th, 2010 1:48 pm

The ignorance of our people in charge is frightening….. God help us all…..
    we are being led by morons.

14. AZ Guest on June 25th, 2010 4:57 pm

It was a slip of the brain. I hope she knows the whole state of AZ is LTAO at her today.

15. AZ Guest on June 25th, 2010 5:06 pm

Actually, as I have now watched this video several times (in utter amazement at the ignorance), I would call this woman a liar. This is not a slip of the tongue; she is babbling about something that she has absolutely no knowledge of and trying to sound smart. Her entire monologue is stupid.

16. nannykins on June 25th, 2010 5:20 pm

But who are the idiots that vote for the morons – that is what is so maddening. I agree – I think only property owners should be allowed to vote and even then there are some pretty idiotic property owners!

17. bob villamana on June 29th, 2010 5:29 pm

She obviously ate her way through geography instead of paying attention. And then she lies about a slip of the tongue. She should be voted out immediately. she knows nothing of the problems that we in AZ face because of the open border. I think we will send her the medical bills we pay for the illegals who jump across the border at 9 months pregnant so they can have the kid be a US citizen automatically….and at tax payer expense. BOB FROM TUCSON, Arizona (a border state).

18. Mark C on June 29th, 2010 5:44 pm

I live in Milwaukee County and sent a letter to the entire County Board asking them to explain how this resolution made any sense. Not suprisingly, the only responses I have received are from those Board members who do not support the resolution, including the guy who corrects Peggy West in the Video.

19. chris on July 2nd, 2010 5:12 pm

you can call her at

414-278-4222 I love the people that are boycotting it aren't anywhere near the problem. Don't sp
    eak up if you don't no $%#ch!!!!