The Guardian conducted an interview with Alvin Greene, somebody I’d almost like to see get elected to the US Senate just for the material he’d provide.

The article covered Greene’s ideas on job creation. How would the Democrat running against Republican Jim DeMint go about creating some jobs? By making and selling action figures of himself.

Good lord, why didn’t someone think of this sooner?

It is clear, too, in the course of the two hours I spend with Greene that he has some pretty wacky ideas that, were he to win in November, would put him among the more unpredictable members of the senate. At one point, he lurches off on his big idea for how to create jobs in South Carolina.

“Another thing we can do for jobs is make toys of me, especially for the holidays. Little dolls. Me. Like maybe little action dolls. Me in an army uniform, air force uniform, and me in my suit. They can make toys of me and my vehicle, especially for the holidays and Christmas for the kids. That’s something that would create jobs. So you see I think out of the box like that. It’s not something a typical person would bring up. That’s something that could happen, that makes sense. It’s not a joke.”

There’s a not-so-subtle hint of completely unmerited narcissism in Greene’s words that would indicate he may indeed be ready to aimlessly wander the halls of Congress with the other equally qualified blowhards.

I have to admit though, Greene has a better grip on actual private-sector job creation than Nancy Pelosi — at least he’s speaking of manufacturing and selling a product. Sure, demand for an Alvin Greene action figure might not be there, but the dude’s trying.

If you’re new to Alvin Greene, here’s a classic interview Laura Ingraham had with him a couple of weeks ago:

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

14 Responses to “Senate Candidate Alvin Greene’s Idea for Job Creation: Selling ‘Alvin Greene Action Figures’”

1. Mark1957 on July 7th, 2010 2:46 pm

With all the other things going on, I had completely forgotten about "the wacky adventures of Alvin Greene." As, far as his idea goes, it makes sense to me, why not make an "action figure" of Alvin Greene, he is already a cartoon character.

2. nannykins on July 7th, 2010 3:33 pm

I would not want to lose someone like Jim Demint butttttttt this Alvin Greene could provide lots of fodder and fun to the depressing state of our politics

3. Doug on July 7th, 2010 1:54 pm

I just can't wait for the debates! They could probably make some money if they sold it as a pay-per-view package.

As of a couple of weeks ago, Greene trailed by 37 points, so there's really nowhere to go but up.

4. Jaggers on July 7th, 2010 4:12 pm

If a pet rock can be popular then an Alvin Greene action figure would do great! In fact, I would vote for a pet rock over most of the people that are currently in congress.

5. barbara on July 7th, 2010 4:41 pm

I am embarrassed to even say that I am from SC but I really feel more so for Mr Green since it is quite obvious that this man doesnt stand a chance against Demint. I will not watch the debates or even listen to him give an interview because I am so embarrassed for him. Sounds funny I know but thats how I feel.

6. Cochise on July 7th, 2010 5:02 pm

If Green ever runs against Lindsey Graham, I'll donate to Green's campaign.

7. puppy on July 7th, 2010 5:41 pm

The guy is quite comical, I must say. Listening to him speak is a hoot. Print does not do it justice.

8. Philip Boucher on July 7th, 2010 4:08 pm

Do these actions figure come inside or outside of the box?

Action figure? Inside the box, Thinking? Outside the box. Got it.

9. nannykins on July 7th, 2010 6:14 pm

Me too!

10. Ronnieb on July 7th, 2010 8:13 pm

And me too! I also would buying an Al Greene action figure with a pull string that says "Macaca"!

11. Dencal26 on July 8th, 2010 12:02 am

What makes Greene any different than Al Franken or Dennis Moonbat Kucinich?

12. Senate Candidate Alvin Greene's Idea for Job Creation: Selling … « Alvin Greene for Senate on July 8th, 2010 3:15 am

[...] the original post: Senate Candidate Alvin Greene's Idea for Job Creation: Selling …   No [...]

13. bill1039 on July 9th, 2010 10:31 pm

Even Alvin Greene would be better than six more years of Jim Demint.

14. Tea Party Darling Angle Hits Back at Reid | MorallyRight.org on July 11th, 2010 5:40 am

[...] Senate Candidate Alvin Greene's Idea for Job Creation: Selling … [...]