The real shame of this whole thing is that taxpayers are donating money to fight a federal government that’s suing a US state with taxpayer money — meaning you and I are paying for the prosecution and the defense, but only one of them willingly:

PHOENIX (AP) — Donations to a special fund to help Arizona pay to defend its immigration enforcement law now total roughly $500,000, with more than half of the contributions made as the federal government sued to challenge the law.

The U.S. Justice Department filed its suit Tuesday in federal court in Phoenix. A document obtained by The Associated Press from Gov. Jan Brewer’s office showed that 7,008 of the 9,057 contributions submitted to the fund’s website by Thursday morning were made in the days following the government’s filing.

The site to donate is here. If only the Obama administration would use the money they’re suing Arizona with to secure the border the problem would be closer to being solved. But then, this isn’t about solving any problem except that Team Obama fears there won’t be enough votes for them in November if we chase away all the “undocumented Democrats.”

Comments

35 Responses to “Arizona Defense Fund Tops $500,000 Mark”

1. archer52 on July 8th, 2010 8:43 pm

Stupid, stupid, stupid…. god how stupid. Arizona's choice to make this political by designing the law they way it did is going to cost millions.

And not one more cop will be patrolling the border trying to stop the flow. Do you know how many officers I could field for a half million instead of wasting it on lawyers debating the law via their I4s

2. Lee Gray on July 8th, 2010 10:37 pm

Arizona has crafted a better, more thoughtful law than the Federal regime did. Why the Federal Government of the United States of Amerika is challenging that better law is beyond me. Wouldn't it be more effective to utilize federal tax dollars from Amerikan citizens toward adding more Border Patrol, fencing, etc. rather than sue one of the fifty states? Obama's regime is so stupid.

3. NRA357 on July 8th, 2010 10:38 pm

Freedom and Sovereignty have never been cheap this is only a small price to pay for Arizona to protect its citzens. If the Ferderal government was enforceing its own laws Arizona would not had to pass theirs. What is really stupid is to comment without having read the law.

4. SC MR on July 9th, 2010 12:22 am

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OUT OF KENYA

5. Clu Seatoe on July 9th, 2010 12:57 am

So says the coward that hides behind a phony moniker to complain about the Constitution of The United States and is dishonest enough to throw up a smoke screen about what a few dollars can do.

The commies in Washington are attacking the Constitution with the taxpayers own money and attempting to deliberately divide this nation. The cancer of obamao is showing it’s true agenda and using his version of the constitution to turn in on itself in it’s first outward major attempt to destroy our nation.

I am by no means a Constitutional expert, but I am sure I have read in the Constitution that only citizens of this nation have the vote. Therefore illegal’s must acquire citizenship for their vote to count. I stand correctable on that matter.

6. connie on July 9th, 2010 1:13 am

I am all in favor of AZ's position of enforcement in light of the Fed's inability or unwillingness to do so. Therefore, I choose to donate! It won't be long before the commies lose their grip and we can regain some semblence of sanity in Washington!! Thanks Doug for posting the donation site…

7. adams912patriots on July 9th, 2010 2:16 am

I am donating 20 bucks now!

8. Ken in Texas on July 9th, 2010 2:45 am

Doug, as you know, my house is seven miles from Juarez, murder capital of the world. We are still the 2d safest city in the US. Why? Well, one reason is that our city is populated by heavily armed military retirees, including me. Every Friday when I go to the Rod & Gun to maintain my skills, the air is filled with the rich smell of cordite, the essence of freedom. Oh, and I think what helps, is that Fort Bliss, with 40,000 soldiers comprising a couple of armored divisions may play a part, too! Nothing like troops on the border!

9. Doug on July 9th, 2010 3:38 am

God bless you, Ken! I'm still planning to make it down there one of these days to take it in firsthand.

10. Enrique Gonzalez on July 9th, 2010 11:29 am

This administration kisses Arabs rings, now they are kissing jalapenos.This Latino vote is not for sale.

11. JohnnyLuv on July 9th, 2010 3:18 pm

I just donated $50 to Arizona defense fund! If you believe in this cause please contribute what you can. This is important. Especially in a time when we have a President who puts Americans 2nd.

>>> Portions of US soil are now off limits to US citizens because drug cartels have taken them over. Enough is enough! This is not the country that the framers of our constitution intended.

>>> While our country has record jobless and deficits our federal government continues to donate billions to foreign countries (THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, LOOK IT UP). Americans are not high priority to our government. We are the sheep they sheer to raise money to line their pockets and fund other McCountries for their next profitable heard.

12. Napoleon on July 9th, 2010 3:01 pm

1. illegal = illegal !!!
    2. If Mexicans want to be declared REFUGEES, that may enter some common
    sense into OBAMA's thinking.!!
    3, We, U.S.A. citizens need to be UNSTUCK FROM BEING STUPID. Somewhere
    and somehow, it is being forgotten that these ILLEGALS started the whole
    affair by breaking the law: Crossing the border illegally.!!
    4. For any bleeding hearts out there, you try crossing the border down into Mexico.
    I bet you will not survive. !!!

13. Napoleon on July 9th, 2010 5:17 pm

Right on! The common sense and even the reasonableness has been taken__off the discussion. I'm sure that we, LEGAL Americans, would not survive trying__to cross the border into Mexico. We would likely be shot.! The Stuck on Stupid__term really applies to those bleeding hearts who forgot that "illegal=illegal".!__

14. David on July 9th, 2010 5:30 pm

Holder needs to go..

15. Jack on July 9th, 2010 7:46 pm

So if the State of Arizona can not protect it's own citizen, who will? It sure won't be the far left liberals looking for votes. The Feds should be sewing all the cities and states that advertise themselves as "Sanctuary" for Illegal Aliens. Start with Chicago, LA, and wacko San Fran.
    I just sent my $25 to the Great State of Arizona.

16. Citizen on July 9th, 2010 7:50 pm

I thought elected officials are sworn to uphold the Laws and Constitution of the USA. So, how come they are not being prosecuted for failure to enforce our immigration laws?

17. Bob Anthony on July 9th, 2010 7:53 pm

Bob in Ohio..Rretired Cop.
    Still think the best question & argument is.."What Don't They (meaning the anti- Americans here) understand about the word "illegal" ?????

18. Annie O on July 9th, 2010 8:05 pm

please post the address…….the news is out about how much money people have contributed to the defense fund but there is no link to contributing..I will gladly donate to a much worthy cause…..
    …and I am from the blue state of NY– but I don't believe this government is good for all of us–only for those who will help promote their radical agenda–Ive never been more scared for this country…
    …..and I have a nephew on the Arizona border patrol who I hope will continue to fight against all these ILLEGALS!!

19. Linda In Texas on July 9th, 2010 8:31 pm

I am donating $100.00 to the defense fund now. GO ARIZONA. Be brave. We're standing behind you. Don't give in, don't give up! Never surrender!

20. Johnny on July 9th, 2010 8:56 pm

Archer agree fully we need more boots on the boarder. But respectfully you got this mixed up. How Stupid of the Federal Government to selectively file suit against a State for wanting to enforce the nations laws. Your are correct the flow of illegal’s from all over the world flow daily and unchecked into AZ through our southern boarder. By the way. Currently there are 60 illegals' in the AZ penal system awaitng trail on murder charges. Their Victims include cops. Let's hope the Feds wake up soon. .

21. Nanny on July 9th, 2010 10:08 pm

I threw a few bucks their way earlier today but it both sickens and angers me that my tax dollars are being used by this regime against Arizona. Last time I looked they were still part of this nation. Jan Brewer is giant among our governors for standing up to these thugs.

22. calliegal on July 9th, 2010 11:54 pm

Mr. Gonzalez, Thank You!

23. calliegal on July 9th, 2010 11:57 pm

If our government is so in favor of illegal aliens, why don't they let 12 million illegal aliens into the U.S., from EACH country in the world? Wouldn't that be fair? You know how they love to be fair!
    I donated a small amount. My husband and I reconsidered moving to Arizona (after he made a weekend trip there) when we began to learn how very serious our border situation is! God bless Arizona! We are standing with you, because this is about our nation, not just a state.

24. Sam& Amparo on July 10th, 2010 1:04 am

American's must do what our government will not do that is to inforce the law against any and all illegals here in the United States and Arizona has started the ball rolling. Sam & Amparo from PA>

25. Mike on July 10th, 2010 1:07 am

I have read the law…I do not feel any safer nor do I want there protection. The one thing that gets me is that brewer, Sheriff Joke arpiehole, and all there bone head supporters keep saying is illegal immigrants cause all this crime BS!! its a few of the Mexicans (the drug runners, the Mexican mafia, the cartels etc) not all of the Immigrants. Lumping them all together is like lumping all Italians with the Mob, or all China with Triads. This country is a Joke and needs to wake-up and stop following and start leading.

It is ridiculous listening to these republicans and democrats blaming each other for the mess they have put me and my family in. They both joined the Cocktail Party a long time ago—they dip their chips in the same bowl and drink from the same bottle. Let's clean house until our representatives sound like us, dress like us, live in our neighborhoods and actually represent the people they were elected to serve.

26. Helga on July 10th, 2010 1:50 am

How did illegals and undocumented get the right to vote. I work in the polls every election. American citizens must be documented to vote.

27. guest on July 10th, 2010 2:16 pm

communisum is trying it's venomous best to ruin liberty. our president and his appointed czars and judges are at war with the U.S. and it's constitution. the fight to turn this had to start somewhere. today the flag of Arizona flies higher than the U.S. in Washington.

28. Veteran 49 on July 10th, 2010 5:22 pm

Thats because part of the cops are against the actions to secure the borders. What I dont understand and millions of Americans dont understand is what dont we understand about the word illegal??????????????? Its against the law Pull that crap in Mexico and go to jail . My ancestors come to Ellis Island by the legal way what makes Pocho an exception????

29. Jim Fields on July 10th, 2010 7:27 pm

Mr Archer I think you had better look in the mirror.Stupid—Stupid—Stupid. If people don't fight these Liberals then we all loose.

30. Nancy on July 10th, 2010 11:42 pm

Well, if it's so stupid why don't you offer to pay more taxes so all these illegals don't burdonthe rest of these citizens. Why aren't you calling the Federal Gov't STUPID!

31. chet13 on July 11th, 2010 2:13 pm

So we are suing the only state in the union where you can be pulled over and incarcerated because your skin color isn't quite right? The idea was good, but the way it is written leaves a lot of loopholes to plugged, and I don't intend to donate MY body to help plug them. How many of you carry acceptable proof of your citizenship in your pockets, ready for instant access when an Arizona cop pulls you over to inquire as to what you are doing in his fine state? IF you carry your passport at all times, you MIGHT not go to jail, but that is about the only acceptable ID.

32. tyler on July 11th, 2010 3:49 pm

your license is proof….and they ask you for that every time you get pulled over

33. Ed & Connie Hunt on July 12th, 2010 4:41 am

We MUST support Arizona. enclosed is our check for $100 for the Arizona DefenseFund. Don't let them beat you, Jan. You have a large part of Terxas behind you (as long as we have good Republicans (including a great many of the hispanic families who work a send their children to school, Lots of Luck in your lawsuit. Our AG Gregg Abbott is behind you as are most Texans!!

34. connie on July 19th, 2010 5:29 am

I donated a couple of weeks ago and now I see on my bank statement they have taken another donation without my authorization!! I don't know how to intervene to stop it!! Any ideas?

35. Texasjustice77 on July 28th, 2010 5:48 pm

As fofr me, I live in Texas, and now instead of donating to Hatti for earthquake release I have decided instead to donate to the Arizona Defense fund. Now besides
    carjackers, homeinavders and jihadists, I have another reason for making sure I
    get my concealed weapons permit since our Federal government won't stop criminals from coming up from the border. From here on out I will do my own homeland security and never trust the federal government to do it again. I just passed but will try to come up with some money to send to the Arizona Defense fund.