“For the first time in my adult life, I’m really proud of Spain!”

The Obama administration faced an embarrassing diplomatic blunder today after it was forced to pull a warning about racism in Spain – just as the First Lady arrived in the country for a summer holiday.

Staff at the U.S. State Department removed the contentious advice to travellers, which included the phrase ‘racist prejudices could lead to the arrest of Afro-Americans who travel to Spain,’ from its website on Monday.

The travel warning should have remained in place, with this disclaimer: **Travelling to Spain is perfectly safe for African-Americans, provided they have a large security detail and can afford to stay at five-star resorts.

Comments

8 Responses to “Convenient Timing: US Rescinds Spain Travel Warning for African-Americans as Michelle Obama Lands There”

1. Clu Seatoe on August 4th, 2010 3:24 pm

Everything with American blacks is racism.

Wondering who put that so-called warning on the State Department web site? Me too. Somebody was cognizant of it’s existence. I’m betting the person was wasn’t white, brown, yellow, green, orange or even Spanish.

The guy who shot up his place of business, killing nine people in Conn., after being accused of steeling beer from his employer was crying racism. You think any of the dead are black? Hmmm.

Even the President of the United States who’s affairs of State should keep him out of any public discord is constantly whining racism about news events, and then unnecessarily getting involved and putting pressure to push this way or that.

Even his blaming Bush for every seems tinged with racism.

2. Hans Dietrich on August 4th, 2010 6:11 pm

So what if people don't like blacks? That's their choice. I'm German-American and over the years in America have taken a lot of what some would call racism if directed at any other group.
    Well, I developed a thicker hide, but I went back home to Germany after five years anyway.
    Now I only wonder why I didn't return sooner.
    My observations: Many Americans are lazy, many are diligent, many are corrupt and many are honest. We do not have the poverty in Germany that I've seen in the USA, but that was back in the 70s and 80s. Maybe things have changed.
    As a rule, I liked the rural and small town Americans and disliked big-city folks, especially New Yorkers. These are the rudest people I have ever met in my life.
    If I never go back there again, it will be too soon.
    A special note about Pennsylvania Dutch Country: These people are among the kindest I have ever met. Now here are Christians practicing what they preach.

3. Angela on August 6th, 2010 1:50 am

Whatever!

4. donald on August 6th, 2010 2:17 am

If you can't figure out what's wrong with disliking someone only on the basis of their race then you have successfully confirmed every prejudice people have about Germans. Not that I share those biases, mind you. Did you make it back to Germany in time for the Fuhrer's birthday celebration?

5. Ngaruiya on August 6th, 2010 9:20 am

Actually, in Spain, black people who can afford huge security details and to shack in 5-star hotels also get the "warm" Spanish racist reception. Ask some of the world's top black footballers (soccer players) vying their trade in the Iberian nation.

6. Michelle Malkin » ‘When You’ve Lost CBS News…’ on August 6th, 2010 11:09 am

[...] The reporter says nothing in the story to refute this opinion, but she could have at least pointed out that the First Lady’s visit to Spain magically cured that nation of racism. [...]

7. Chemari on August 6th, 2010 6:27 pm

If you are not African American, you cannot possibly understand the racism we or other minorities go through on a regular basis. My first encounter with racism was as a 5 year old girl visiting my grandparents in Mississippi. I ran to a water fountain, as any little kid, wanting a sip of water. All of a sudden, my dad grabbed me and told me I couldn't drink from there and showed me the sign for white and colored. Behind him stood a white man, outraged and ready to get my dad, had he not grabbed me before I got to the fountain. Now imagine this happening when you go to school, a neighborhood, a job, an event….different scenarios but all with the same purpose and effect. That is why a lot of things with us is about racism. It is better, but it is continuous. I love all people and see them as God's handiwork.

8. gene on August 13th, 2010 8:22 pm

hey, you are what you are. If the shoe fix wear it. stop crying like a baby. Oh, yes, what you write is tinged with a lot of racism. Its important to you that all the victims in the Conn. shooting be white so you will have another reason to hate blacks as a group. what if all the victims and the shooter were Chinese, it still would be bad