A Pew Research poll found that nearly a third of Republicans believe President Obama is a Muslim, and 10 percent of Democrats believe the same. Only 34 percent overall described Obama as a Christian (some people are so picky that they think you can’t qualify as a “Christian” if you attended a church with a racist pastor for 20 years and haven’t attended since leaving, and/or support partial birth abortion).

Frankly, the confusion is understandable given Obama’s interest in, and promotion of, all-things Islam. For example, if I described myself as a Christian but went into my front yard every morning and rubbed the belly of a Buddha statue and called Buddhist chants among the prettiest sounds on earth, chances are that a good portion of the people in my neighborhood would assume I was a Buddhist no matter what I otherwise claimed.

Here’s the problem with the “Obama’s religion” polls. The polling on this issue always focuses on how many Republicans, Democrats and Independents believe Obama is a Muslim. But the real curiosity for me is how many Muslims believe President Obama is a Muslim, but that’s one poll that, to my knowledge, has yet to be taken — and maybe there’s a reason for that.

Colonel Gaddafi, what do you think?

Comments

23 Responses to “Why Would Anybody Think Obama’s a Muslim?”

1. SignPainterGuy on August 19th, 2010 3:12 pm

Rush , just minutes ago, played audio from George Stuffenawfulous`s show, 9-22-08, when Zero committed a Freudian Slip. "…….my muslim faith, umm, christian faith…"

"57 states and one to go……" was another …….

Gee, I don`t know , Doug , why would anyone think he`s a muslim ?????

2. Doug on August 19th, 2010 4:42 pm

Loved how Steffy threw himself on the grenade for Obama on that one! I'm sure George would have done the same to cover one of Bush's gaffes…

3. Joyanna Adams on August 19th, 2010 4:53 pm

Proof? He loves his own Muslim name. If he was a Christian, he would have run as Barry.

4. Nhathan Baquars on August 19th, 2010 7:48 pm

who cares… muslims, christians and jews are all pretty much the same thing… christians had the crusades, muslims have their extremists, and jews have… um… money? I dunno. Doesn't really matter to me, long as a person acts like the prophet muhamed and Jesus I'm good with them… i even met a buddhist jerk before… what religion someone says they are or aren't means nothing compared to the virtue of their actions.

5. Nhathan again on August 19th, 2010 7:53 pm

Who is the guy Jewish people use as their person to listen to? I didn't know… God? I just wanted to clarify that I didn't list the guy along with the prophet Muhammad (sp?) and Jesus because I dont know his name. and as far as the money comment, that was a joke…see… I'd convert to Judaism in a heartbeat if it really equaled getting money.

6. Dandapani on August 19th, 2010 10:47 pm
  7. SignPainterGuy on August 19th, 2010 11:04 pm

Headline on DRUDGE— "White House ; `Obama obviously a christian`… "

Well……..just dang………who can argue with that ???

8. Royce on August 19th, 2010 11:17 pm

The lamestream media is already circling the wagons. The AP already has a story out called "Poll: Growing Number Incorrectly Call Obama Muslim" I did a google search on the title plus "Alan Fran" the author which returned 307,000 results. Quite a bit different from the silence on the original stories.

9. OK_Loyalist on August 19th, 2010 11:55 pm

It was either Obowmao's Christian faith that lead him to bow to the Saudi King or maybe Barry was teabagging ! LOL

10. tanya g on August 19th, 2010 11:58 pm

I dug up an old compilation. A little long, but you'll get the message in the first few minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#

11. djp on August 20th, 2010 10:56 am

Holy crap! I did not know those muslums were so smart and they invented so many things! Where in the world would we be without all the advances they made in medicine, pens and pencils, navigational instruments, and the arts. (sarcasm)

12. Nick on August 20th, 2010 1:39 pm

Typical right wing hate and ignorance.

Get your info from Rush and Drudge, and assume its all fact.

Ignore the White House pastor, the same one as during the Bush Era, who testifies to Obama's devout Christianity.

Some of us can have faith without jamming it down everyone else's throat. You jackasses might want to try that out.

After Rush, of course.

13. Nick on August 20th, 2010 1:40 pm

If he was a coward he would have run as Barry. But then again if he were a coward he would be a Republican.

14. Nick on August 20th, 2010 1:41 pm

"lamestream media". Why not just broadcast that you are teabagging semi retarted Palin acolyte? Oh, you did.

15. SignPainterGuy on August 20th, 2010 3:10 pm

Nick, you forgot Glenn Beck !!! I`m a biiiiig fan !!!! Glenn and Rush both lead with corrections the very next time they are on the air. The lamestream media rarely if ever admits mistakes or out and out lies !!!!

FWIW, I tend to examine records. Glenn and Rush are RARELY wrong !!!
    And for perfection , nothing has ever been proven wrong about the Holy Bible. As a matter of fact, everyone who has made it his/her mission to prove the Bible wrong has not only come away having failed to do so, but has become a confirmed believer. I personally believe because God has proven himself to me on countless occasions.

16. SignPainterGuy on August 20th, 2010 3:15 pm

We didn`t even know what "teabagging" was and that it is a homosexual sex act until your guys explained it to us !!!

17. SignPainterGuy on August 20th, 2010 3:17 pm

Hey, don`t forget the Arabic alphabet and all that math they claim rights to……(more sarc.)

18. Nick on August 20th, 2010 6:41 pm

It's not a "homosexual" act., and you can be on the receiving end without having any testicles. Good news for you, eh SignPainterGuy?

19. Nick on August 20th, 2010 6:42 pm

"FWIW, I tend to examine records. Glenn and Rush are RARELY wrong !!! "

That about tells me all I need to know about your "facts". How do you know they are "rarely" wrong? They tell you, right?

Go paint some signs moron.

20. SignPainterGuy on August 20th, 2010 7:47 pm

Gee whiz , Nick, so few replies and you`ve already resorted to name calling. Nothing to do now for you but add you to my "prayer list". Time spent trying to debate the issues with Nick may be wasted, but prayer never is !!! God bless you, lad.

Sorry , folks. Obviously I`ve fed a troll.

21. Clu Seatoe on August 21st, 2010 1:13 pm

The wishful thinking of those who were given and keep their jobs at his behest may be that he is a Christian, but I don’t believe I’ve ever heard him make that claim. However, I have heard him proudly exclaim that America is not a Christian nation but is, in fact, one of the largest Moslem nations in the world.

Obamao may wish that were so, but if it were that would bode extremely unfortunate for America’s upcoming generations.

The reason is that while Christians are fearful of spreading their religion, the Necromonger islamophiles are under no such restraints. In their Satanic, blasphemous, pedophile religion it’s convert or die.

Obamao makes no claims to any faith so we are free to put whatever religious label we want on him by hearing his words and watching his pathetic little life. And having spent his informative years in a Moslim school in Southeast Asia, its apparent that he is very comfortable among such people with no conscience pangs and tends in that direction.

But I believe that his sensibilities are such that he would never give his life for it, or anything else for that matter.

22. Guest on August 21st, 2010 5:27 pm

Isn't it "semi-retarded"? You did spell "acolyte" right though. Bravo.

Nothing like showing your ignorance while calling someone else stupid…

23. vcb-tn on September 21st, 2010 2:58 am

…built "our" tallest building.., (and then destoyed it??)