Since I’m in a gambling mood, I’ve got $10 that says President Obama makes a high profile trip to worship at a Christian church somewhere on the Vineyard this Sunday morning. I don’t know what makes me say that, but I’m willing to put some money on it nonetheless.

Comments

9 Responses to “Weekend Wager”

1. nannykins on August 20th, 2010 1:53 pm

I don't know Doug! One of two things is going to happen – he is going to openly pray to sink a long putt on the golf course and then wag his finger at his adoring press and say "See – I am a Christian." Or, he is going to use his adoring press to catch a picture of him holding hands with Moochelle and the girls around the dinner table with their heads bowed in prayer. The adoring press is going to run to the Sunday talk shows and for hours on end defend him as a devoutly Christian man. No – I don't think he attends a church service.

2. @MFS001 on August 20th, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi.
    I wouldn't be surprised he does just that.On the other hand the Church might be struck by lightning the moment he enters it?
    I wonder if his spouce will dare to enter a church this time?After visiting Catholic Spain and only visiting a Mosque?
    great example for the kids i guess?

3. SignPainterGuy on August 20th, 2010 2:49 pm

Well, with the waters around MV polluted with fecal bacteria it`s obvious our 1st family won`t be swimming in the ocean. The Google map of MV you linked to shows a variety of christian churchs and a couple of generic gathering types from which to choose to attend but (and how could this be?) no muslim mosques …..
    Doug, you have hedged your bet !!!

4. Doug on August 20th, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, he's pretty much got to go to church now, because swimming is out of the question:

5. Joyanna Adams on August 20th, 2010 6:07 pm

Do they HAVE chruches at the island of the rich and famous?

I bet he doesn't go, you're on.

6. Clu Seatoe on August 20th, 2010 11:31 pm

Regardless of WH assertions Obamao is a long way from being a Christian. Living the way they do, his and her lives shows no reason to think otherwise. They may not be dipping into the bay do to the do-do, but they seem to have no problem using the US Treasury as their own personal coin purse to take a dip in when the mood strikes them.

These people are the worst kind of thieves — the "in your face" kind. And it’s obvious that they don’t care who knows it or who sees it going on. It's the Chicago way done out there for the whole world to see.

What’s really discouraging is nobody in Chicago D.C. has the stones to do anything more than meekly comment about it lest they find themselves in the “pot vs. kettle” predicament.

7. connie on August 22nd, 2010 10:39 pm

I wager he'll soon not care a whit about whether people think he's a Christian or not… in the meantime he'll continue to rob the coffers and call it 'social justice'!

8. Nick on August 23rd, 2010 5:00 pm

Reagan, Bush, Bush. The 3 greatest hits to the deficit in American History.

9. nannykins on August 23rd, 2010 5:44 pm

Better go back to 7th grade Nick so you can get your math right about the deficit.