A liberal named Beau Friedlander, a former editor for Air America who occasionally writes for the Huffington Post, wrote and posted an item to that site that was even too nuts for the HuffPo, and it’s been pulled (the comments, however, remain).

However, the cached version still exists in barely readable form.

This was the offer:

It is time to pop the tea baggers’ favorite balloon (so what if it will be replaced by another?), and with that in mind I hereby offer to negotiate a $100,000 payday to the person who will come forward with a sex tape or phone records or anything else that succeeds in removing Glenn Beck from the public eye forever. I am not offering the cash myself, but I will broker the deal and/or raise the money for what you bring to the table. (And it better be good.)

“I’m gonna make ‘em an offer I can’t afford” — Not exactly The Godfather, is he?

A liberal who wants to buy something and use somebody else’s money to pay for it? Gee, you never see that. Why did the HuffPo delete an article by a guy who is simply living up to a major plank in the Democrat platform? The above snippet appeared after Friedlander went on a rant about how Mormons hate blacks and women, or something like that.

Even if somebody did have any material on Beck that this guy might want to get the money to buy, does anybody really trust the fundraising skills of somebody who worked for Air America?

Comments

8 Responses to “Aw Shucks — HuffPo Pulls Writer’s Offer of $100,000 for Glenn Beck Sex Tape”

1. SignPainterGuy on August 30th, 2010 3:21 pm

Typical libt*rd from Air(head)America lives with his mind in the gutter and finds it incomprehensible that not everyone else does as well, offers someone elses money to shut up a powerful voice for the truth ……… Who`s surprised ??
    H`Po pulled it…….GOOD FOR THEM !!! Even a broken clock is right twice a day….one more to go, H`Po !!! Will wonders never stop ceasing ??

2. Joyanna Adams on August 30th, 2010 4:48 pm

It takes a liberal to think of how to get someone you don't want in office…out.
    Ever since Bill Clinton went through impeachment…the Dem's went after Gingrich, Morris, two GOP speakers of the house,…etc…it's become part of the "get rid of him" chess play.

I doubt if they find anything on Glenn..but Obama? I bet he has a list just about as long as Tiger's …why aren't we doing the same? Then I'd like to hear him say, "Well, I couldn't just put their names on my forehead, could I?"

3. maladroit on August 30th, 2010 7:57 pm

Beau left his address on that article (I dropped him a "nice" note).

Here's another Fail from the pricks at The Onion….
    In Focus: Victim In Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck http://onion.com/bcd3f6

4. traffic_robot on August 30th, 2010 9:06 pm

If people won't even engage in a debate, and instead engage in logical fallacies, we should just ignore them wholesale. When people start in with, "Well what about (insert Bush, Reagan or someone not the topic of discussion)…", I walk away. If they are going to treat us like we are stupid and ill-informed, then I will treat them like they have not earned their place at the big-boy table.

5. Are You Surprised? « Random Neural Synapses on August 31st, 2010 4:23 pm

[...] Hillarious take by Doug Powers: “I’m gonna make ‘em an offer I can’t afford” — Not exactly The Godfather, is [...]

6. jmatt on August 31st, 2010 4:28 pm

>>> I am not offering the cash myself, but I will broker the deal and/or raise the money for what you bring to the table. (And it better be good.)

I like the way he's being picky about what will be acceptable blackmail material. He can't pay for it, he has no donor lined up to pay for it — but hey, don't waste my time with second-rate closet skeletons!

7. wormme on August 31st, 2010 9:55 pm

Bwahaha!

This post is sheer genius.

8. simmo on September 2nd, 2010 10:49 am

"A liberal who wants to buy something and use somebody else’s money to pay for it? Gee, you never see that."

Priceless.