Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold last month:

“I’m pleased to stand with this president any time and anywhere and defend what we’ve done and what we’re doing,” the senator added.

Aw, money can’t buy that kind of loyalty!

Fast-forward the tape to this coming weekend:

When President Barack Obama visits Milwaukee on Labor Day to talk to working families and members of dozens of labor unions, one prominent politician won’t be there.

A Labor Day schedule released by the staff of U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) indicates that while Feingold will be in Milwaukee for a Laborfest pre-parade on Monday morning, he will not be in town when Obama is expected to arrive.

When these guys say they have “something else on the schedule,” that “something” is desperate attempts to save their political careers.

(h/t JWF)

Comments

8 Responses to “Russ Feingold Latest Dem to Have a Sock Drawer to Re-Arrange When Obama’s in Town”

1. SignPainterGuy on September 3rd, 2010 2:56 pm

Er uh , sorry boss, I can`t come in to work today. I`ve got a bone in my leg !

2. nannykins on September 3rd, 2010 4:12 pm

Me thinks Russ Fiengold is finding out the voters of Wisconsin aren't as stupid as he thinks they are.

3. Adam on September 3rd, 2010 4:54 pm

Not true nannykins…he's been reelected here how many times now? Never underestimate the power of stupidity. This time around however, he is facing a real, conservative opponent in Ron Johnson (he's had terribly weak RINO's as opponents in the past). If we can't vote is a$$ out of office this time around, then I don't know when we will. Russ will still get plenty of union/liberal support, but this time around, that might not be enough to carry him.

4. Scott B on September 3rd, 2010 5:56 pm

Dear God, PLEASE let Barry endorse Feingold! (and then my other Senator, Herb Kohl, too.) Amen.

5. nannykins on September 3rd, 2010 6:25 pm

Well then I will just have to go to Ron Johnson's site and shoot him a donation!

6. Joe S on September 3rd, 2010 9:12 pm

Hear hear, Adam. If you want to see a good example of voter stupidity, see Massachusetts, who kept re-electing Ted Kennedy for some reason.

7. The Watcher on September 3rd, 2010 10:49 pm

Awwwwwwww, cr*p, he's gonna be here this weekend????

8. christie121 on September 20th, 2010 9:02 pm

I agree! However we have to get this message out to all the Democrats who are so used to voting for him. How do we do this as a single citizen in Verona? I have the time and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HE VOYED FOR UNDER OBAMA then i will make flyers and give them to every Verona resident.