What is the noted super-liberal celebutard claiming the nation mourned?

9/11? Vietnam? The Oklahoma City bombing? The JFK assassination?

No, the nation mourned the Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon break-up. What, you didn’t know that?

Susan Sarandon wasn’t the only one upset by her split from longtime love Tim Robbins last year – legions of fans were also thrown by the announcement.

“The nation mourned,” Sarandon tells New York magazine. “I had a lot of people who came up to me and were not as upset as I was – but were definitely upset. I did feel a sense of responsibility, because I knew that people had a certain idea of how I was and who we were … But on your deathbed, it’s not really going to matter how those people felt.”

God, that’s more nauseating than watching White Palace without Pepto Bismol.

Not hard to see why world-class narcissists like this dingbat went ga-ga over Obama, is it?

(h/t WZ)

Comments

8 Responses to “Susan Sarandon: ‘The Nation Mourned’”

1. nannykins on September 10th, 2010 4:14 pm

Damn It Doug!!! I just came back from lunch, read this, and went and puked up a perfectly good BLT and cup of soup!!! You owe me!!!

And, get the story straight! Bill Clinton has been panting since they broke up. I wouldn't be surpised if he already shared a cigar or two with her.

2. sizemorew on September 10th, 2010 5:58 pm

The article's more than enough to nauseate, but I threw up in my mouth a little after reading the part in your comment about Clinton.

3. Your yes I am on vacation, Colorado here I come Linkapalooza! | The Daley Gator on September 10th, 2010 9:14 pm

[...] Doug Powers has some fun with Susan Sarandon [...]

4. The Watcher on September 10th, 2010 9:57 pm

They broke up? When? Guess I missed it.

5. SignPainterGuy on September 11th, 2010 1:23 am

And you call yourself, "The Watcher" !!? (shakes head) — Just as I do standing in the grocery store check-out line looking at the covers of the celebut*rd mags. wondering, "Why does anyone care??"

6. Scott B on September 13th, 2010 5:33 pm

Does 'Suzy' consider the nation to exist only between her ears?

7. SignPainterGuy on September 13th, 2010 7:19 pm

Yeeess !!! AND she and her ilk believe their sphere of enfluence extends as far as their imaginations will carry !!!

8. classicfilm on September 13th, 2010 10:08 pm

Dang you, Doug… I knew I was fresh out of barf bags, having used most of them up on reading about the latest antics of the loathsome Levi "I'm a Scum Puppy" Johnston. Then I read this Sarandon piece.

You need to post a "barf alert" warning in the future for your readers, dear sir.