Some people mocked Christine O’Donnell for saying back in the 90′s that evolution is a myth, but P.J. O’Rourke has arrived to back up her claim with some solid evidence:

As Al Gore would say, I think “the science is settled” on P.J.’s claim.

I also got a kick out of the part where Matthews took a shot at the massive Tea Party movement and P.J. stopped him in his tracks with, “You’re a populist, Chris… how can you be a populist and hate people?”

Comments

17 Responses to “P.J. O’Rourke to Tingles: Democrats are Proof That Christine O’Donnell’s View on Evolution is Correct”

1. Marshall_Will on September 29th, 2010 2:28 pm

Too funny! P.J is but one of a few where I'd reconsider my "no drinking during the week" hard and fast rule. Is it just 'me' or have perhaps some of you felt, somehow, I don't know, a little less of a man ever since the "tingle up my leg" comment was born?

Somehow coming from a die-hard lib doesn't make it any less an embarrassment? NOT… that there's anythin 'wrong' with that!

2. SignPainterGuy on September 29th, 2010 3:24 pm

Matthews is un-watchable/-listenable for me ; his constant breathless commentary, taking forever to get his questions out and then reiterating it – redefining, detailing, clarifying and then talking over the respondant !! I think that "tingle up his leg" is more a sign of oxygen deprivation !! High on his own voice !!

3. sizemorew on September 29th, 2010 3:38 pm

My favorite part is the dead silence that follows Mr. O'Rourke's jab at Democrats. I'm not sure if there was a response after that since the video cuts off, but it made me smile.

4. sizemorew on September 29th, 2010 3:39 pm

I apparently need to read his Cambridge letters, SignPainterGuy. I'd never heard about that! Thanks for bringing them up.

5. Marshall_Will on September 29th, 2010 4:22 pm

"taking forever to get his questions out"

I'm certain you meant 'statements couched in the 'guise' of questions'… ( but I get your point! ) LOL, oxygen deprivation, I'm going w/ 'that' explanation and reserving my 'tingles' for my wife of 27 yrs. ( if that's ok w/ Chris? )

6. SignPainterGuy on September 29th, 2010 4:43 pm

I meant to add "answering his own questions" , which would basically make the respondents answers superfluous. Yeah, I agree with you …

My congrats for your longish marriage. I sincerely hope the two of you enjoy forever together. My ex made "I do" truly the longest sentence known to man !!

7. Marshall_Will on September 29th, 2010 5:19 pm

"basically make the respondents answers superfluous"

Batting a 1,000! We could on forever about Chris ( but what's the point? ) Good thing he's on TV b/c he'd -starve- in Sales. Or rather he's on TV, for now.

Thanks for the congrats but don't read anything into it that isn't 'there'. A marriage of 'any' length is day-to-day and sometimes… ( it just feels like "we're 'saving up' for a divorce"? ) Just WHY couldn't have Matthews said "my heart's a' flutter" or… anything!? (Shudders to self)

8. Nick on September 29th, 2010 5:40 pm

"Matthews is un-watchable/-listenable for me ; his constant breathless commentary, taking forever to get his questions out and then reiterating it"

And yet Beck and Limbaugh are wonderful patriots? Right? They don't go on and on? Please.

9. Nick on September 29th, 2010 5:44 pm

"I`ll go with Christine and PJ on this one. Darwin admitted in his first letter to Cambridge U. that he was using his own made-up scientific methods; he was honest about that ! It`s obvious why the left hangs on his research; it provides a way to put God out of the picture !! "

You never cease to amaze me with your stupidity.

I suggest you read all of Darwin's work on evolution and not just hang your mythological hopes on something you heard from some right wing news source about a letter Darwin wrote.

And I think you really have no idea what the national debate is regarding evolution. You think it is a right vs. left thing because all you know is the misinformation spewed to you from hate radio and TV.

No one cares if you – because of your religious beliefs – believe in Creation. We just don't hink your religious belieffs, or anyone else's, belong in public schools.

So hang onto your Judeo Christian mythology all you like. I personally believe Zeus throws lighting bolts when he is mad. I want that taught in public schools too.

10. SignPainterGuy on September 29th, 2010 7:08 pm

My beliefs / opinions are based on fact, personal experience and listening to people who have proven themselves believable. You fit NONE of these.

Go on back to school , 7th grade will come along before you know it !

11. SignPainterGuy on September 29th, 2010 7:14 pm

…day to day.. …saving up… Yes, well, my hopes for you are still the same !

12. SignPainterGuy on September 29th, 2010 7:33 pm

Let us all know when you have the facts to prove Beck or Limbaugh wrong and are willing to post them….None of us are holding our breath !

Beck has the direct line to the white house, "the red phone"; why has it rung only once in 1 1/2 years to correct his "facts" ? If he is as wrong as you seem to believe, it should ring several times per show !

The Sullivan Group does a fact checking service, totally independently (never requested and never paid by Rush) , and gives Limbaugh currently a 99.6% accuracy rating over his 23 yrs. on radio.

Add to this, neither has ever insulted my intelligence , as do you !

13. SignPainterGuy on September 29th, 2010 7:42 pm

If I said, "Nick is stupid !" , would that be JUST "calling" you stupid-expressing my opinion- or would I be "recognizing" that you are stupid ?

You tell us who you fear by whom you attack !

14. Nanny on September 29th, 2010 8:58 pm

RE: Matthews breathless commentary – I find Chrissy and John Madden to be one in the same – they both sound like they are trying to "pinch a loaf" when they "speak". It is agony listening to them. Which I try to do very little of!

15. Nanny on September 29th, 2010 9:01 pm

Sadly, Nick can't seem to get past 5th grade – notice his spelling errors.

16. Nanny on September 29th, 2010 9:02 pm

Dittos – SignPainterGuy!

17. Marshall_Will on September 29th, 2010 10:26 pm

Nanny!

Lord, all these years I wondered what bugged me about those two! At least Madden knew what he was talking about. A bit surprised that no one has brought up Ben Stein's "No Intelligence Allowed"?

At least to 'my' satisfaction, Ben adequately debunked the theory. I've been meaning to rent it again or better yet just buy a copy. Oh and don't forget the conservative gals are set to release "Fire From The Heartland" and the trailers I've seen look well worth while! Think it's out Friday, should be fun.