I’ll give Coop credit for the effort here, but there’s simply know way to flush a turd that doesn’t want to be flushed. Alan Grayson clings to the bowl like no other.

After watching Grayson, do you feel like you need a hot shower and a comprehensive de-lousing?

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

15 Responses to “Anderson Cooper Tries to De-Slime Alan Grayson; Grayson Refuses & Adds Extra Slime Out of Spite”

1. OK_Loyalist on October 7th, 2010 12:52 am

DO NOT stand next to this jerk at church …

"These issues don't go away depending on what particular label we put on them. And we have to remember, this is someone who take these crazy ideas and actually put them into law for all of us and make your Sister and your Mother second class citizens"

Beyond the class of a whorehouse John, Alan is still on board for ObowMao !!!

2. fleeceme on October 7th, 2010 6:52 am

Unfortunately, we are never gonna beat these guys unless we start acting like them. We allow them to set the premise of every argument. We allow them to use ad-hominem attacks, they deflect everything. These people are well trained in how to steer the public into concentrating on non-issues and lies.

We don't understand it because we argue from a basis of morality. The average liberal/progressive/communist has no morals. There goal is to win, at any cost. We need to get off the high-ground and start hitting these people where it hurts.

3. Doug on October 7th, 2010 9:01 am

Yep, they just don't care what's said. Republicans cared about the headlines that were written about them after the '94 landslide and as a result they slid back to the middle and lost control again.

Look at Grayson — Anderson Cooper all but said to his face "I'll give you credit for coming on. Most disingenuous pieces of donkey crap politicians who told such blatant lies and misrepresentations wouldn't have the guts to lie about it right to the country's face." But did Grayson care? No.

4. fleeceme on October 7th, 2010 9:55 am

Why should he? The ends justify the means to these people. To them, a lie is only bad if they can't lie more to get away with it, if you press them on it, then you are the enemy and miraculously become a racist, xenophobe, etc..

I hate to say it, but we almost have to start playing from their playbook, cause we aren't going to bring this country back with peeps like McCain thinking you can compromise with people who have a much longer term goal than any republican can fathom.

5. Marshall_Will on October 7th, 2010 11:31 am

"a much longer term goal than any republican can fathom"

I've struggled with that mightily of late. Thinking back to the 70's when I was in high school, sure, we had libs, radicals, lefties. But for the most part, they just left most of us in the mainstream be and weren't taken seriously.

Their goal, wasn't to confront those of us that were already a "lost cause" where they were concerned, so they instead focused on an even younger crowd, converting them thru the public education system, one-at-a-time.

Since it's nearly impossible to confront an enemy from within that has that kind of patience and timeline, conservatives by and large hardly noticed the ever so gradual shift? By the time we became aware, it was so "in your face", well ( we've been playing defense ever since )

6. fleeceme on October 7th, 2010 11:36 am

Yep, and the problem with compromise is it inevitably always leads to a shift to the left, no matter how small. When was the last time, legislatively, the US has shifted to the right?

Go read some of the stuff JFK talked about. He would be dubbed a right-wing extremist wacko if he were running for office nowadays.

7. Adam on October 7th, 2010 12:16 pm

"The ends justify the means to these people"…that is all you need to know about liberals/democrats. That is the beginning, middle and end to everything they believe in and why they come up with the policies that they stand behind. It makes no difference HOW things are accomplished, just as long as it happens.

8. TheZooKeeper on October 7th, 2010 12:32 pm

Goebbels would approve: http://bit.ly/c0Lvxp

9. SignPainterGuy on October 7th, 2010 12:40 pm

The "Inevitability of Gradualism" as Glenn Beck mentioned last evening on FOX. Or "the very-slowly boiled frog" idea … or look at the persistence of a simple weed. It`s roots will gradually take advantage of any weakness in a concrete slab and force its way through …creating an ever-widening crack…

Let`s all encourage our liberal friends to show up at the poling places on 11 /3 !!! ;<)

10. Marshall_Will on October 7th, 2010 12:49 pm

fleeceme,

And love… the screen name btw, I have a good friend Robert Cote` and his assertion was that if JFK ran 'today' he couldn't even get the nod from the DNC.

Robert runs "Exurbanation" and is an urban planner. Or rather he's not! Robert believes that capitalism always finds a way and all the endless fretting over "urban sprawl" is so much needless hand wringing. In his mind, we should -celebrate- Suburbs! The theory being, once enough people move out 'to' the burbs ( the jobs will follow the people? ) Crazy, I know… We're now at a point where we don't even have any faith in 'ourselves' ( let alone capitalism )

11. Marshall_Will on October 7th, 2010 12:59 pm

LOL, right, great way to avoid the crowds!

Adam nails it when referring to the "beginning, middle and end". I thought "Just WIN" back-stabbing/under-handed tactics were the sole property of Republicans?

Further, I can't tell you how many times in the past I've allowed myself to be drawn in by their carrot & stick ploys. Now I simply say "What in God's Creation makes you think I would be in the least bit interested in 'your' political views?" As if I'm always "open to "discussion". Try it, you'll love the But… but… bu… response.

12. nannykins on October 7th, 2010 3:55 pm

I've said it before and I will say it again – Grayson looks and acts like a child molester. He is so very creepy!

13. fleeceme on October 7th, 2010 7:35 pm

I like the approach From Rules for Radical Conservative – "You're not still a democrat are you? Everyone knows they are an outdated racist party full of zombies who only follow the party line.

14. SignPainterGuy on October 7th, 2010 8:35 pm

I see heads exploding from my house !!

15. Mike S. on October 7th, 2010 9:36 pm

Once again I have to shamefully admit that I live in Grayson's district. No, I didn't vote for him last time and HELL NO I'm not voting for him this time. I just hope enough of the people around here have come out of their coma and realize what a slimeball this guy is, and won't vote for him, either.