Normally when you remind a crowd how many jobs have been lost under your watch (and the pace is accelerating), you get a thunderous applause of appreciation for your efforts. But instead, Biden’s audience just sat on their hands — what gives?

Vice President Joe Biden got a laugh from his audience at a Wisconsin fundraising event Thursday when he tried to rile the crowd about the economic collapse of 2008.

“We want to reward people who manufacture things in the United States, in Wisconsin, not to take them overseas to China and to other countries!” he said to a silent room at the event for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Tom Barrett, according to a White House pool report.

He continued, saying, “You’re the dullest audience I’ve ever spoken to,” at which point he got applause and laughs. “Do you realize how many jobs Wisconsin lost? It’s staggering!”

“And none of you ungrateful pricks even bothers to thank me!”

The enthusiasm among Democrats is palpable, and Joltin’ Joe’s is determined to kick that hornets nest until Democrats are stung into a coma on November 2nd.

Update: More “rallying the base through insults” from the administration. Ann Althouse points out this line from a Barack Obama fundraising email:

That change happens only from the bottom up. That change happens only because of you.

I doubt most remaining Obamaniacs will mind The One referring to them as “the bottom” though — they’ll probably take it as a compliment.

Comments

11 Responses to “Biden Motivates the Base: ‘You’re the Dullest Audience I’ve Ever Spoken To!’”

1. Marshall_Will on October 8th, 2010 12:10 pm

"at which point he got applause and laughs"

After all, that is the point of public speaking, isn't it? Now if only they could find a way to convert those nervous chuckles into votes. They'd be a shoe in.

People, what happened in ( or rather 'to' ) Wisconsin? Let me explain a little something, a Manufacturing Job is not a 'birthright'. Any more than saying your grandfather was a logger and your father was a logger and you want to ensure 'your' children have the right to be loggers! ( Have you SEEN dimensional lumber prices lately? )

This whole issue is a fabrication. A deception. http://www.nam.org We mfr. as much if not -more- than ever we have it's just that dollars don't 'weigh' as much plow shares. My WIFE works in manufacturing, but her Fortune 500 company makes ultrasound equipt. ( not disposable -household- items! ) They are also working on prototype eq. so your surgeon needn't even be on the same continent as you!

Any of 'you' grow up w/ someone who's life's ambition was to work in a TOY factory? Me neither.

2. Rick on October 8th, 2010 12:48 pm

Why aren’t republicans accused of “talking down” the economy for election gain?…The dems beat’em to it every time.

3. Marshall_Will on October 8th, 2010 1:19 pm

Rick,

Why did it take me 3+ paragraphs to say essentially the same thing? LOL

Yes, I've always wanted to work 2nd shift in a call center. What was The Onion video bit on "My Right to a Crappy Job"? "My dad had a crappy job, 'I' have a crappy job and I just want to make sure my KID has a right to a crappy job!"

4. SignPainterGuy on October 8th, 2010 1:53 pm

I inherited my crappy job ! It`s not my fault !!!

5. Nanny on October 8th, 2010 6:53 pm

The more Bite Me speaks the more I just shake my head and wonder why the Democrats hate Sarah Palin so much.

Every time he opens his mouth I can't believe this effin dufus is VP. It's like Zero has Billy Carter for a side kick.

6. SignPainterGuy on October 8th, 2010 7:40 pm

Bite Me could blather unintelligably and drool into a cup , he would still get a pass from the left.!!!? He is absolutely "One-Of-Them" !! Sarah `Cuda represents all or at least a whole great-ol`-big-bunch of what scares the left !!

Bite Me doesn`t drink, so no Billy Beer !!! ….. Just sayin` !!

7. Marshall_Will on October 8th, 2010 8:44 pm

"effin dufus" LOL

( Can I borrow that? ) So much classier than my usual over the top Pacific Fleet profanity! Seriously, I knew Navy Chiefs that used the F word like a comma.

8. OK_Loyalist on October 8th, 2010 8:47 pm

"One of them" like Harry Reid who is equally stoopid IMO!

Question #3: Can you think of a greatest living American?

Be sure to order your Biden and Reid Nincompoop bookends today !

9. OK_Loyalist on October 8th, 2010 10:51 pm

Here he goes again …. http://tinyurl.com/2764mzm

The entire democratic party has been hijacked by the socialists and "This is not your father's Republican party. This is a different brand."

Pluggers definitely got a few planted too deep !

10. SignPainterGuy on October 9th, 2010 12:39 am

Hey, what`s the difference between a fairy tale and a sailor tale ? You claim to be NAVY, you should know this one !!

11. SignPainterGuy on October 9th, 2010 1:07 pm

Ok, ok, the suspence is killing you, I know !!!

A fairy tale begins, "Once upon a time, …" , a sailor tale begins, "This ain`t no sh*t , …" !

Timing is the key to comedy…what time IS it anyway ??!