Alvin Greene is back on the scene!

This has to be one of the deepest give-and-takes between a host and a Senate candidate ever:

Q: Are you a witch?

A: No. Jim DeMint started the recession.

At least he’s willing to put all joking aside and get right down to the issues. Unfortunately, “DeMint caused the recession” is the only response Greene has practiced:

Amazing — you can’t even see the string coming out of Alvin’s chest.

(h/t iOwnTheWorld)

Comments

16 Responses to “Alvin Greene Receives ‘DeMint Started the Recession’ Talking Point, Runs With It”

1. Marshall_Will on October 12th, 2010 7:29 pm

O.k, so that was nothing short of bizarre.

Now I don't know if DeMint did/didn't "start" the recession but uh… what's become inescapable for which 'ever' party happened to be in power, in recessions passed, the unemployed, unwashed masses really were nothing more than an ethereal concept!

At 5% Unemployment, the only people you know that are unemployed is because they are unemployABLE! I don't know, can't put the 'blow' down or the 'week' is cutting into their 'weekend' whatever? But at 10% + it's someone who was a decent, hard working person! What Dems can't work around is the unemployed/couch potato ( who's 99 weeks of unemployment ran out 3 mos. ago ) that used to be your brother in law!

Now that they're being given real life examples of what it's like to be mooched off on a daily basis it's not so damned funny is it?

2. Fuzzlenutter on October 12th, 2010 7:39 pm

"I want my daddy's records!"

This is hilarious!

3. Alvin Greene Receives 'DeMint Started the Recession' Talking Point … « Alvin Greene for Senate on October 12th, 2010 7:46 pm

[...] from: Alvin Greene Receives 'DeMint Started the Recession' Talking Point …   No [...]

4. ReaganiteGOPer on October 12th, 2010 8:10 pm

Pure comedy gold, this guy

lolol

5. Nanny on October 12th, 2010 8:20 pm

There are bumper stickers that say – "My Labrador Retreiver is smarter than your honor student."

I really think that applies here – nuff said.

6. OK_Loyalist on October 12th, 2010 8:31 pm

Dennis Miller ran with this one today on his radio show, it was a hoot, Al Green music included as well LOL

7. Ken in Texas on October 13th, 2010 12:32 am

Two points here, Doug: As a 20-year Army vet I would have immediately recognized Alvin as an Air Force vet, Second, ANYONE would instantly know he had to be a Democrat, although slightly more erudite than Pelosi or Reid.

8. TheZooKeeper on October 13th, 2010 11:32 am

Meanwhile, back at late night comedy command central – "There's just nothing funny about Democrats. Any new Palin/O'Donnell material?"

9. SignPainterGuy on October 13th, 2010 1:08 pm

I`ve been withholding comment to give So. Car. Stasi time to respond, but still nothing from the msm. It`s hard to believe they would allow their braintrust to spill state secrets in such a world wide forum as MSNBC without any punitive action !!! Perhaps this is just deliberate dis-information to foil the forces of evil !!? I really did think DeMint was one of the good guys !

10. fleeceme on October 13th, 2010 2:49 pm

I couldn't actually act that stupid if I tried.

You would think the dems would be pumping millions into his campaign, this guy is a perfect democrat zombie. His handlers obviously tell him how to think, so they could just tell him what bills to vote on. I guess even they are ashamed at how stupid he is.

11. Waldo on October 13th, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah, DeMint is also responsible for Rosie O'Donnell being fat and ugly.

12. Waldo on October 13th, 2010 5:37 pm

I have a table lamp that is smarter than Alvin Greene.

13. Nanny on October 13th, 2010 7:32 pm

Actually Waldo my Lab has been dead for 10 years and she is still smarter than Alvin Green and most libs for that matter.

14. Nanny on October 13th, 2010 7:35 pm

Actually most libs are this stupid they just verbalize better or read off the prompter.

15. Wickedpinto on October 14th, 2010 3:51 am

Amazing — you can’t even see the string coming out of Alvin’s chest.

He's a public figure, Monetize that crap!

16. AllenG on October 14th, 2010 6:22 pm

That's because it's not coming out from his chest, Doug…