“He’s really cool” was unfortunately all the information necessary to sell enough voters on Obama in 2008, but I’m not sure this even works on as many kids as it used to. VP Biden is still trying nonetheless:

Vice-President Joe Biden repeatedly told a group of 3rd-grade students that Barack Obama was “really cool,” during a surprise visit to an after-school program in California, NBC News reported.

Most of the children at Taft Community School in Redwood City wanted to know all about Obama and his wife Michelle and one asked if the president would also be making an appearance, the station said.

“Barack Obama is really cool. No, he’s not coming today, but he’s really cool,” Biden replied, according to NBC News.

How cool? This cool:

He’s $3 trillion worth of new debt in under 24 months cool!

He’s “10% unemployment and 14.8 million people out of work and I’m gonna go on a comedy show to laugh about how great I’m doing” cool!

He’s “mom jeans” cool!

He’s “throws like a girl” cool!

Super-cool Obama would have spoken to the kids himself, but it just takes too long to set up for a school speech these days:

Update:

How cool? This cool:

Comments

13 Responses to “Joe Biden Wants Kids to Know the President is Really Cool”

1. Marshall_Will on October 20th, 2010 11:53 am

Oh! Can anyone please… find the audio clip of Laura Ingraham's "Beat Poet Ode To The One's Coolness!" ( Trust me I've looked? )

Doug,

When you wrote "enabled by our teleprompter" ( Amber Alert ) I got a genuine yuck, but a few lines later you pen "endowed by government" and I got a CHILLING effect! Isn't it a bit 'early' for that kind of spine tingling terror or are you just getting in the spirit of the season?

Someone's got a Birthday! ( She's too pragmatic to perhaps have even noticed 'herself' and we DO… have the fight of our life and the future of Democracy hanging in the balance! ) but for all The Powers That Be regulars… Happy B'Day Michelle!

2. Justine on October 20th, 2010 12:00 pm

OMGoodness! That bike pic is perfectly placed. When I scrolled down to see "How cool? This cool:" I just about did a spit take. Thanks for the morning guffaw!

3. TheZooKeeper on October 20th, 2010 12:04 pm

Biden then leaned over and whispered into little Timmy's ear, "He's a big effing deal, kid".

4. Bob on October 20th, 2010 1:07 pm

When I was in the third grade we were not all twitchie to learn about Dwight and Mamie. My kids in the third grade were not all twitchie about learning about learning about the president. Why do I think the reports of these third graders being all excited to learn about Obama to be just a big pile of literary fluff?

5. SpeakEasy on October 20th, 2010 3:50 pm

He's so cool, you and your children will all be paying off his debt. How cool is that!

6. Marshall_Will on October 20th, 2010 4:12 pm

So Doug,

I've been posting here for a few weeks and I needed some feedback: Would you say the source of my "pre-assigned racial prejudice" is, a) overt, b) subconscious, c) genetic or d) merely intermittent and completely by choice? ( NAACP Clears Tea Party of All Charges..? )

Other posters are invited to take The Poll as well! It's multiple 'choice' and your answers have already been deemed irrelevant. Oh, and when's the Dougster's Birthday! ( I need to know how many shots we'll be lining up! )

7. Blackrep on October 20th, 2010 4:31 pm

Remember when Peggy Noonan thought he was the birth of the cool? She sure can dump a new boyfriend fast when he sticks her with the bill.

8. Scott B on October 20th, 2010 5:06 pm

Somebody please tell Biden that 3rd graders can't vote (unless they register with ACORN).

9. Marshall_Will on October 20th, 2010 5:18 pm

Scott B!

( Awesome baby ) Laura Ingraham's "Seperated at Birth" spoof shows Sheriff Joe paired w/ Jimmy Buffett which somehow seemed totally plausible. Oh and who's the beauty queen throwing out the first pitch? Hubba-hubba ( and the jeans look better on 'her' btw )

10. SignPainterGuy on October 20th, 2010 7:21 pm

Obama couldn`t buy cool – Bite Me couldn`t buy smart !!

11. OK_Loyalist on October 20th, 2010 9:34 pm

I see the gasbag Biden was on the stump out in Nevada for Reid today, the stage looked like a pair Stupidity bookends stood on it !

12. SignPainterGuy on October 21st, 2010 2:46 am

This whole "cool" idea fits right in there with the consumer products (hand tools come to mind) that stress the word QUALITY …… if you have to say it , it`s probably the very thing that`s missing !! And like so much else the left does and says, it`s totally the opposite of reality !!

13. A Tale of Two Ranchers and a Decorator « The Banks Press on October 22nd, 2010 11:02 pm