Okay, Clint didn’t say “Obama doesn’t make my day,” but I think it would have been cool if he had.

Actually Eastwood said it this way:

Clint Eastwood, legendary actor and director, told Katie Couric that while President Obama is a “nice fella,” he’s “not a fan of what he’s doing at the moment.”

During an interview about his latest film “Hereafter,” Eastwood told Couric that the president is not “governing” and he’s laying out lines in the hopes that people will believe him “so he can stay in his position.”

That’s kind of a nice way of saying “he’s lying his ass off trying to stay in power,” isn’t it? I wonder if that upset the Perky one, who is now forced with facing the possibility of having to report that Clint Eastwood is a racist.

Eastwood’s one of those non-liberal Hollywood rarities whose career has been such a success that he can speak his mind without fear of being excommunicated by the libs who run Tinseltown.

(h/t HAP)

Comments

24 Responses to “Clint Eastwood: Barack Obama Doesn’t Make My Day”

1. Clu Seatoe on October 22nd, 2010 12:02 pm

The wicked little Perkster. What is her fixation with the ‘what-do-you-think-of-obamb’ question? She’s like the schoolyard tattletale. Running around from group to group on the playground deliberately asking questions for the sole purpose of trying to get people in trouble with either their own group or some other group.

If that doesn’t work to her liking she’ll go the teacher and tattle that, “Billy said a bad word” and then stand back and grin because now Billy’s in trouble.

What a delightful child, a real little sweetie, our princess.

2. TheZooKeeper on October 22nd, 2010 12:20 pm

I wonder if The One was ever a topic of discussion on the set with Matt "Really Bad Disney Movie" Damon?

3. sizemorew on October 22nd, 2010 12:26 pm

I knew there was a reason I liked Mr. Eastwood. :)

4. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 12:38 pm

"and he's laying out lines in the hopes that people will believe him"

For stock-traders, we would refer to this non-governing style of management as "driving -thru- the rearview mirror". The current admin. is so electronic-speed feedback obessessed they're constantly bottoming out the suspension getting consensus on the 'last' pothole they just "sweet-spotted" ( rather than focusing on the next! )

And you -knew- this was going to happen..! Perhaps it would've been more accurate to say, "Managing the stock 'price' rather than managing the damned COMPANY!?" At some point, whether you're managing a portfolio ( or a country? ) ya' just gotta' do what you've gotta' do. We all make unpopular decisions everyday. The difference is, we have the strength of character to live with it.

5. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 12:42 pm

sizemorew,

You know… here in OR we have a certain fellow that's locked horns w/ Salem more times than can you shake a stick at! ( And, since you share same…? ) Just wondering aloud!

6. sizemorew on October 22nd, 2010 12:45 pm

Sorry, Marshall, but I didn't quite understand what you said. Could you please expand on that?

7. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 1:06 pm

Oh! We have a "Saint" in Oregon named Bill Sizemore ( William actually ) and he has gone toe-to-toe w/ the teacher's union and… the public employees and… new tax measure after new tax measure…

Until, they ruined his life, dragged him into court and a judge ( also on our MOST generous public employee retirement system! ) passed a ruling that; he wasn't a very nice person! I wouldn't say we're personal friends, but I have introduced myself if only to mention how much I admired his gumption!

Your screen name just seemed like an amazing coincidence? As is your writing style!

8. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2010 1:11 pm

Clint Eastwood – keeping his head where the sun DOES shine !!

9. sizemorew on October 22nd, 2010 1:22 pm

OH! Okay! Now I get it!

And, nope, I can't lay claim to his fame on two grounds: One, I don't live anywhere near Oregon and, two, I'm a woman. :) I'm afraid it's just a coincidence.

10. mj1 on October 22nd, 2010 1:27 pm

Do you feel lucky….punk? Well do ya?

11. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 1:41 pm

"and, two, I'm a woman. :)"

( And I'm an idiot! ) My bad.

B.B King once said, "Being Black and playing the Blues ( was like being Black TWICE! )" So we've only to assume what the Left thinks of conservative females?

( Oh and DO steer clear of D-lister Kathy Griffin! )

12. nannykins on October 22nd, 2010 1:41 pm

Boy did you hit that nail on the head Clu!!! She is dispicable!

13. MarkJ on October 22nd, 2010 1:43 pm

Clint's advice to Obama:

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."

14. sizemorew on October 22nd, 2010 1:58 pm

No big deal, Marshall. Believe it or not, I get confused for a man all the time thanks to the way I type.

I know what the Left thinks of conservative females. I've been called all sorts of names by "tolerant feminists" in particular since I find their definitions of what makes a proper feminist absolutely ridiculous.

I don't really pay much attention to celebrities outside of their professional work unless they do something that gives me something to applaud or something to rant about. She doesn't seem to like appearing in stuff I like to watch, so I can honestly say that I wouldn't recognize her even if she was wearing a "Hi, My Name is Kathy Griffin" name tag. :)

15. Kim on October 22nd, 2010 2:28 pm

Touche'!!!!!

16. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 2:29 pm

While we're on the topic of foot-in-mouth disease, I really had to eat my hat last night! I've done quite a bit of calling for the Tea Party candidates here in OR, but primarily an emailed list and from my own office.

Last night, with a televised debate on the line, they asked if I'd come down to Salem and join them for pizza & pop so Mrs. Will joined as well. The -young- volunteers were just fabulous! Well informed on the issues, up-to-the-minute, dedicated and VERY polite!

Bbbbut we've been told time and again by the Left that ALL young ppl 'automatically' move in lock-step w/ their agenda? In the end, it's just more cheap interrogation techniques. "Your buddies have already 'fessed up, so sign here!" It's a 'control' issue, and as long as we buy into their stereotypes, they'll continue to have it.

17. sizemorew on October 22nd, 2010 2:44 pm

Stereotypes wouldn't exist without a basis in reality. To be fair, we younger set (I'll be 26 right after the election) do have a tendency to move in lock-step with the liberal agenda. One major reason being is we go to class every day hearing it. You hear something enough times, you start to think it's true. Especially if you've spent kindergarten through high school in public schooling.

It wasn't until college that I went from liberal to conservative because a lot of the professors were very overtly liberal and would say things that didn't jive with my conscience. Graduation from college sealed the deal since I had rent to keep up with, pay taxes, and all other sorts of fun responsibilities. Thank God for the work ethic my parents managed to drill into my thick skull that made me realize that, hey, if I want to be independent, I had to earn it, so why am I supposed to pay for someone else to sit on their butt?

I got lucky and got a job right out of college and even managed to find a new job after I was put out of work for six months. The people exiting college and in college right now are getting a serious wake-up call and realizing that the ideology they've had pounded into their heads for over a decade of schooling isn't going to do half of what was promised.

The main problem is that despite the fact that more young people are catching on to conservatism, the stereotype remains that they're mostly liberal. So you're right that we shouldn't buy into it anymore.

18. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2010 3:00 pm

You go, girl !! It`s encouraging to me to hear that our yutes are not all brainwashed skulls full of mush ! Good luck !

19. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 3:30 pm

SPG,

My eldest daughter ( also sizemorew's age btw ) informs that phrase has been replaced by "Fa realz!" So uh, now we know.

This is encouraging beyond words! My good friend, 10 yrs. my senior said "The harder you are on your children ( the sooner you can have an adult relationship with them! )" At the extreme peril of coming off as hopelessly parental ( I'd be -equally- proud if she were 'my' daughter! FR! )

But I've got to tell you, just making calls last night, so many ppl told me "This is IT! This is do-or-DIE!" If Oregon continues on the path we've 'been' on.., will the last person leaving please turn out the lights!

20. OK_Loyalist on October 22nd, 2010 4:03 pm

So what's the nice way of saying, "Go back to Kenya you pinko commie, you've messed this country up bad enough"?

21. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2010 4:29 pm

OK_Loyalist,

( You might… have a point there? ) Hey, Kenya, Amsterdam, CANADA!? They'd love him up there. But if you've been following Michelle M's coverage of "FLOTUS" you'd know that a "kingdom" is really more what they had in mind.

Nothing massive mind you, heavens no! Just a mystical, magical place like Brigadoon ( or some other alernative reality ) where they would be loved and adored by all. For all Eternity and Beyond. Is that so much to ask? Or.. Kenya.

22. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2010 7:28 pm

How `bout – "GO AWAY ,STAY AWAY AND DON`T COME BACK and DLTDHYOYWO" !!! Oh, and leave the keys on the counter !!

23. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2010 7:29 pm

Almost forgot , " Hand over the launch code card right now !! "

24. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2010 7:47 pm

I`m so jealous of your relationship with your girls (are they your only children?) ! Through a long series of unfortunate circumstances, my 27 yr. old daughter, only child, wants nothing to do with me and allowed me to see her 4 yr. old daughter (now 10 and gorgeous, BTW) only twice ! Oooh, to be able to go back 35 yrs. when I met her mother !! (ref. male "ditz") I have never lied to my daughter, quite the contrary, I told too much truth ! I know now I should have "let go and let God !"