Democrats like Joe Biden are so over-inflating their claims that now even the New York Times can’t cover for them:

Conservative groups have not dumped $200 billion in political ads on the heads of Democratic candidates.

It evidently just feels that way to the White House.

In an interview with Al Hunt of Bloomberg News scheduled to be shown Friday night, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. commented on the need for disclosure when corporate interests contribute to political groups.

“I was amazed at the amount of money, this $200 billion of money that is — where there’s no accountability,” he said. “When I say accountability, we don’t know where it’s coming from. There’s no disclosure, so the folks watching the ad can’t make a judgment based upon motive when you say it’s paid for by so-and-so.”

Mr. Biden clearly meant “million” with an “M,” not “billion” with a “B.”

But his tongue slipped again a moment later. “So it really — I’ve never seen this before, so the only caveat I’d put in terms of the House is how much impact this $200 billion are going to mean.”

It’s not a “slip of the tongue” — these guys throw numbers without knowing or caring what they mean or if they’re accurate. Besides, great wasters of other peoples’ money in Washington are probably unable to comprehend anything under a billion, so we’ll have to forgive Biden’s apparent inability to wrap his head around an amount lower than that.

And remember, this is “Sheriff Joe,” the guy who’s in charge of keeping track of every dollar of stimulus money. I’d hate to see what number somebody whose not dedicated to accuracy and accountability would come up with. Somebody who can’t catch the difference between a million and a billion twice in the same short interview? Sure, let’s put him in charge of monitoring the outlay of a trillion taxpayer dollars (or was that a billion? Or a million? Eh, doesn’t matter…)

Biden’s saying that a lot of that money the GOP is spending on ads — a quadrillion bazillion according to Joe’s latest count — comes from foreign PACs. Democrats don’t do that. What? Oh, nevermind.

Comments

14 Responses to “Joe Biden: Republicans Have Spent a Hunnerd Kajillion Bajillion Dollars on Advertising”

1. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2010 1:46 pm

This lack of need to be accurate and honest with numbers is quite common with our current crop of DC miscreants ! Remember Nancy P. said our country was losing 500 million jobs a month and even though she was corrected, did it again ! I mean, who really pays much attention to Sheriff Joe "Bite me own feet `cause they`re always in my mouth" Biden other than to make fun of his latest gaffe ??! I mean really ? And he doesn`t need a teleprompter to get a laugh !!

PLEASE, no one tell Obummer what comes after a trillion !!

2. Joe Redfield on October 23rd, 2010 1:46 pm

New math.

3. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2010 2:27 pm

New math – details confusing, but learnable

Fuzzy math – details blurred

Hairy math – details completely hidden or even nonexistant – aka, BS

If you can`t dazzle `em with details, baffle `em with BS !!

4. Dandapani on October 23rd, 2010 2:45 pm
  5. OK_Loyalist on October 23rd, 2010 3:11 pm

HEY JOE

No one from the center believes you and the Kenyan's BS anymore !

6. Doug on October 23rd, 2010 3:38 pm

Ha! I wanted to make a picture of Dr. Evil except with Biden's face on it but didn't have time…

7. Clu Seatoe on October 23rd, 2010 3:40 pm

For starters, I’d like to hear obamao or either of the Clintons, or the builders of, or the Mayor and staff of New York City complain about taking foreign money.

The libs should call themselves the "…show me the money" party. Doesn't matter if you head East or West until you meet yourself in the middle, or even South to keep the border open, your passing through major cash exporters to the libs.

8. Fuzzlenutter on October 23rd, 2010 3:51 pm

He must've recently been consulting with Nancy "We Lose 500 Million American Jobs Each Month" Pelosi…

9. Marshall_Will on October 23rd, 2010 4:01 pm

Clu Seatoe,

Right, and it's well documented. What was that bit they had about "Run Around Hsu"? What's incredible to me, is this economic meltdown has exacted a terrible toll on virtually everyone I know! Terrible. I feel like I've aged 10 years in two!

Not… Sheriff ( Plugs ) Joe! Why he's looking spry as ever! Nan too. Believe me, in the pvt. sector when you're dealing with a major client exodus, loss of accounts or revenues, you KNOW to the 'penny' just what the damage is! But evidently when on OPM in DC, it's just 'numbers'?

10. Marshall_Will on October 23rd, 2010 4:13 pm

Norman Hsu, Run Around Sue, whatever. At least Sue didn't get 200 years in prison? Probably just something you can only catch 'once'.

11. Romeo_13 on October 23rd, 2010 8:15 pm

Nah… Joe is right! You guys are not counting the other 199 billion 800 Million dollars that are being spent in the other 7 of the 57 States!

12. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2010 9:36 pm

Not to be overly picky, but the saying was, "I`ve been to 51 states with 7 more to go.." ! I checked ! Sorry ! I know that doesn`t fit as well with the "57 states of islam" probable line of thinking on BO`s part, but there you have it ! Otherwise, your point is well taken, even if it is a low estimate !

13. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2010 9:44 pm

But, but, the party`s just gettin` started and you can always dance with his girl , IF he brought one that is ! (and IF she isn`t so ugly she`d send a freight train up a gravel road !) Just sayin` ! Don`t want to waste a party, right !?

OR, maybe you should ignore all that……..you ARE still in "reparations mode", right !? I would NEVER want to damage a work-in-progress !!

14. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2010 1:06 am

Good catch ! I noticed only the imitation sheriff looks pleased with the situation !!

My fav. – " So that`s how you got to be veep !"