Democrat New York Assemblyman Bob Reilly does impressions of the handicapped. Even worse, he does the impressions during debates.

He might have kept people on board if he’d have told the story in his own voice instead going all Rich Little on it, which must have immediately creeped everybody out, not to mention given his opponent ad material.

Reilly said there was no disrespect intended, and yet, there it is:

(h/t Hot Air)

Comments

11 Responses to “Bad Idea of the Day: Doing Impressions of the Handicapped During a Debate”

1. Marshall_Will on October 28th, 2010 4:12 pm

Can you say… career suicide? This may be the first time where cerebal palsy inflicted more an infirmity upon one who ( ill advisedly ) 'portrayed' it, than a person that HAS it!

Ahem, there's a reason impressionists are paid as well as they are. Did they ever get to the bottom of what happened to Danny Ganz? One of my favorites!

2. Scott B on October 28th, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow. That's worse than just bowing out of the race.

Rich Little! He did the best Johnny Carson impression I've ever heard. Frank Caliendo also does a ton of good stuff, too.

3. Doug on October 28th, 2010 5:26 pm

Ever see this Frank Caliendo appearance on WGN? The John Madden/Bush thing kills me:

4. Marshall_Will on October 28th, 2010 5:30 pm

Oh…oh! Yeah, Frank is SO good. Does Robin Williams to the 't'! I do a decent Rodney Dangerfield and "the band" ( my son-in-laws ) always put me up to it when we're on stage. I kind of sound that way when I'm drunk anyway, so it's not much of a reach.

"Hey, I tell ya', da' band'll be right back! Just gotta' check in wit' dare puh-role officers.., ya' know?"

5. SignPainterGuy on October 28th, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks for the link Doug, funny guy, good stuff ! I`d never heard of FC before ! Should exit the cave more !

6. SignPainterGuy on October 28th, 2010 6:42 pm

Here we have another example of the left`s unfathomable concern and compassion for the less fortunate among us !! NOT !!

As my Scout Master would say, "There`s a time and place for everything ! This is neither the time nor the place !" My second Dad !

Doug, why is the login not retaining my login info now ? Yes, I`m commenting as a guest ! Has something changed ?

7. SignPainterGuy on October 28th, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks Doug, ol` buddy, ol` pal, ol` friend of mine ! The issue appears to be fixed ! That was faaast !

8. Marshall_Will on October 28th, 2010 9:05 pm

Nanny,

God love you. My wife has a sister that will -never- be able to take care of herself, and this in the Philippines where there are exactly -zero- safety nets outside of family. There's times when she's just fine and there's moments where she scares the hell out of you!

The Left would have the world believe all these caring, loving, concerned conservatives are all somehow Robert McNamara and we'd rather bomb some banana republic than sleep. Oh and we're completely clueless when it comes to affairs of the heart as well.

9. SignPainterGuy on October 28th, 2010 10:07 pm

Bless your hearts, one and all ! I`m sure we all have our stories to tell !

10. OK_Loyalist on October 29th, 2010 12:10 am

"I used to tell my daughter, "Let`s just behave in such a way that anyone can love us, not just our Moms !" "

I like that !

11. nannykins on October 29th, 2010 11:43 am

I like that too but the liberals just can't help themselves when it comes to belittling people. Look at what they have done to Palin and O"Donnell.