Thunderous applause and cheers for George W. Bush and his father Sunday night in Texas before game 4 of the World Series.

W continues to set the gold-standard for presidential first-pitches:

(Update: The video was pulled from YouTube but you can see the video at MLB’s site here)

Speaking of first pitches, here’s a good flashback video to shortly after 9/11 about the buildup to President Bush’s first pitch before the 2001 World Series. The country needed a strike, and he delivered under enormous pressure.

(h/t HAP)

Comments

12 Responses to “‘Miss Me Yet?’ — First Pitch Edition”

1. OK_Loyalist on November 1st, 2010 12:30 am

All the short comings of both 41 & 43 combined, Prez YoMomma doesn't make a pimple on either one of their asses!

WHO'S READY TO VOTE ??????

2. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2010 2:02 am

As a matter of fact, yes, yes I do !

People have said a lot, but no one has said, "W throws like a girl !" And I`ll betcha he wouldn`t be caught dead in MOM JEANS !!

It`s almost Tuesday !! Unless someone tells me it`s illegal, I`m going to video my vote ! If there`s any shenanigans, I`ll have proof !! We used touch screen voting machines in `08 and in the primaries for the first times ! They should print-out a hard copy !

3. OK_Loyalist on November 1st, 2010 2:11 am

I spent yesterday finding best info I could on Judges on ballot in Tulsa, OK and passed it on to some friends … we taking notes to poll this year on Judges, on State Questions and on City Questions.

We still use a Diebold marker fill in the line ballots here. Paper and electronic trail or so they say.

4. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2010 2:19 am

I could sware I saw the screen show "other than how I voted" in `08, but it happened so fast, only showed my completed ballot for a third of a second or so and cleared the screen ready for the next voter, I couldn`t be sure and (I hate to admit this) I couldn`t believe Zero would actually win ! so I didn`t say anything ! You can believe I will this time !

I`m really NOT in a trusting mood right now !

5. OK_Loyalist on November 1st, 2010 2:42 am

On the GW flashback vid … around 1:40 in the vid "…. I didn't want the people to think that their President was incapable of finding the plate".

In the future, ObowMao's flashback vid is going to be … "I wanted the people to know I swished at throwing a baseball like I had just seen my favorite pair of curtains".

6. Doug on November 1st, 2010 10:11 am

Ahahaha!

7. nannykins on November 1st, 2010 11:32 am

I see the video has been yanked by MLB – I have not seen it yet as we were out tricks or treating with the grandson.

8. Doug on November 1st, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks for the heads-up on the video… I linked to it at MLB's site instead.

9. TheZooKeeper on November 1st, 2010 11:56 am

I hate to say it, but no, I don't miss Bush. A descent man, but out of touch with the role of the federal gov't. – just like so many others.

10. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2010 12:03 pm

"like I had just seen my favorite pair of curtains" +1 !

After all "putting the lace on the windows" seems what he does best?

Weekend Roundup!: "lawlessly uninformed" ( SPG ) Yes, there oughta' be a law against that! Criminally Uninformed Revised Statute blahbittyblah.

"impromptu word" = ILLEGAL! ( clu seatoe )

"Moving America Forward" ( Out With a Whimper h/t MM via the PTB ) Yeah, even their Sure-Fire Slogan Generator (TM) seems to be on the fritz/running out of gas! Is that really the best you got? Sounds like not even 'they' are buying it any more.

11. sizemorew on November 1st, 2010 1:08 pm

We've had better presidents than President George W. Bush, but we've definitely had worse.

And good to see the two former presidents were enjoying themselves at the game. It was a nice pitch!

12. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2010 2:07 pm

Just curious to see how other posters saw things? If ahem ( certain states ) decide the big-bad world out there is just too scare-wee and RUN not walk to support their nearest Entitlement Party candidate..? Won't it just become altogether too obvious within a year ( probably LESS ) that it simply isn't sustainable?

Lord willing ( and there's something of a meaningful economic recovery! ) and Cali, IL etc. fail to participate in said rally.., and of course it's too late for them, what happens THEN!? Will we see Gray Davis-style Recall Petitions?

You look around and you see employment picking up here, there. Hiring is picking up in the states/regions that decided enough was enough and it was time to Suck.It.Up but you decided that was outside your comfort zone/entitlement level so you opted for A) Anyone that promised exten…ded Unemployment benefits/free healthcare for ALL! 'Now' what?