In the headier days of Obama’s sycophantic water-carriers in the mainstream press, that would have been the headline to explain this:

A struggling mom who wrote to President Obama about her financial hardship and received a handwritten response from him saying, “Things will get better!,” has had to sell the letter to an autograph dealer to help pay for a house.
[...]
Obama was shown the letter by an aide on Jan. 8. He wrote back on a White House-headed card he signed: “Thanks for the very kind and inspiring letter. I know times are tough, but knowing there are folks out there like you and your husband gives me confidence that things will keep getting better!”

But things didn’t immediately improve for Cline, who’s now agreed to sell the letter to autograph dealer Gary Zimet for $7,000. He tells us, “The letter is a historical document, and it is very hard for her to part with it. It’s very timely considering the elections. But I don’t think she’s disillusioned with Obama — this is just about surviving and practicality. She is selling it to pay for a house, which I think is poetic justice.”

Obama followers, pick up your Hope pencils and write to Obama and demand a letter back so you can get your $7,000! Isn’t it the least he can do for you in lieu of the free health care you’re never gonna get?

Comments

14 Responses to “President Obama Saves Woman’s House!”

1. Linda on November 1st, 2010 6:15 pm

Well, isn't that special… Just think, if she hadn't gotten that letter from Obama, she might well be homeless. I guess things did get better for *her*. $7,000 for a signature. Wow.

And the dealer doesn't think she's disillusioned. I know if I had to sell something that meant a lot to me (as supposedly this did to her), to pay for a house, I'd kind of be in the disillusioned category.

Where's all that "hope", Mr. Obama? Cuz all I have left is some spare "change" in my pocket. And your out of control spending is working on taking that from me.

2. sizemorew on November 1st, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow. That little letter that he wrote back in response to her pleas for help? It makes me doubt he read her letter. It's a pitiful attempt at pandering.

Yes, autograph dealer, she is disillusioned.

3. sizemorew on November 1st, 2010 6:35 pm

What is this "spare change" you speak of?

4. Linda on November 1st, 2010 6:50 pm

Oh, just the 2 pennies I have left, after all of Obama's "help" for the middle class. You know, all those tax cuts… Oh, whoops, the tax cuts are set to expire Dec 31, 2010. Yeah, that helps, Mr. Obama.

The government will be coming for my 2 cents on Jan 1, 2011.

5. sizemorew on November 1st, 2010 7:04 pm

On the plus side, they'll be getting your two metaphorical cents tomorrow when you vote.

6. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2010 7:15 pm

Linda,

I'm a "1099" filer but Mrs. Will is still a W-2 employee. As per her estimations, all that "break" amounted to was like a 'payday advance' b/c at the end of the year ( we 'owed' it all back! )

More style over substance. Even though I never would've voted for the guy in a million years, when dealing with "Depression 2008-2010" I mistakenly thought.., well, if nothing else, at least this tool will reign in the hedge funds, banks, brokers etc. w/ some pretty stern ( and frankly much needed ) regulation!

Pffftt, not even CLOSE! Yet you won't hear about those massive failings from the MSM. Great to see a lot of the "moderates and independents" finding their inner conservative.

7. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2010 7:16 pm

I spent the afternoon driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway to take some photos of the last remaining fall leaf colors in Western NC and spotted a fitting bumper sticker, "I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left !" on a Michigan tagged "escapee" ?!

8. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2010 7:31 pm

"two metaphorical cents"

You 'could' say that…, I prefer:

Repaid in full w/ copper coins snuggled up nice & tidy to my derri`ere for the last TWO years! Can one of you loan The Obamassiah a clothes pin? He's got a lot of counting to do!

9. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2010 7:52 pm

SPG/size,

Right, out of millions upon MILLIONS of foreclosures, he picks (1) out and does what he does best ( namely, provide lip service ) Personally I'd be absolutely tickled to swap his dingy signature for what surely should be a whole lotta' ass pennies.

"Things will get better!" Yep.., in about 3, 2, ….

10. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2010 8:12 pm

"…, provide lip service " Exactly what I was thinking ! ALL useless style and no real substance !

The weather prognosticators are calling for cloudy and cool, mid 50s, tomorrow, but I will be there as early as posible with camera and two cents in hand ! CAN`T WAIT !!

Interesting; just heard on the news this afternoon, my home county (Haywood) is using the same type voting machines that have given problems in early voting in other parts of NC that has made national news ! Oh joy ! Now where`s that camera battery charger ?!

11. Linda on November 1st, 2010 8:29 pm

I always owe when I file my 1040, and that's not really a problem, because owing means the government has had use of my money (interest-free) for the previous year. But I did like having just a smidge more in my take home pay.

As for his financial regulation. well, I never thought it would amount to much, other than hurting the "little guy" in some form or fashion.

When Obama started his "a chicken in every pot" type of nonsense, I was of the mindset of "How's it going to be paid for?". Cut spending somewhere? Right, no Liberal worth the title ever thinks about spending cuts. So the only other options are raise taxes or borrow it, and Voila!, what'd we get? A double whammy! We get both.

No finding my "inner conservative", never lost it in the first place.

12. Linda on November 1st, 2010 8:31 pm

Proofread, Linda. :) Owing means they have not had. Sheesh, my bad.

13. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2010 8:55 pm

Linda,

Oh we got the gist of it, happens to me all the time. Ideally.., come April 15th, you don't owe 'them' anything and they don't owe 'you' anything. ( Then there's the real world! )

Yes, 'tis a far better thing you owe THEM! I never worry, it all comes out in the wash. Oh and I wasn't in any way questioning your conservativism, even if you 'are' a woman! ( We've been told/sold you gals vote Dem. lock-step! ) Really more a play on MM's Nov. '08 "open letter to be sure and 'thank' all your 'moderate and independent' friends! ( sarc/off )"

14. Linda on November 2nd, 2010 3:22 pm

Ewww… I have never voted Dem. I will never vote Dem. I have a mother and father, I don't need or want a Government nanny.