The tea-nami has finally arrived — or has it? I’m not allowing myself to get cocky.

Where I sit, the polls open in five minutes and I’m out the door in a short while to cast my most emphatic vote in a long time. Join me in sipping a lot of Slurpees today in honor of the occasion.

What I plan to do today is to use this particular post for any election day updates, and tonight I’ll start another post shortly before returns start being announced and sort of live-blog it from the time polls close (8 p.m. edt) to whenever, so I hope you’re able to stop back by. I may be popping up over at Michelle’s place too.

Don’t forget to vote. Time to re-take control of the direction of this country!

Update: Liberal NY Rep. Anthony Weiner has a suggestion for how you can remember to spot him on the ballot:

“When you’re looking at the ballot, think ‘penis’ and you’ll find me!”

Update II: Darn! The best proposal ever isn’t actually going to be on the ballot.

Update III: Joe Biden brought some enthusiasm gap to downtown Wilmington last night:

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) – Vice president Joe Biden is urging fellow Delaware Democrats to get voters to the polls for the midterm elections.

Biden headlined a Democratic rally in downtown Wilmington on Monday evening that drew about 200 people.

And number includes his plugs.

Update IV: Dems prepared to blame their midterm losses on… wait for it… Bush. What a surprise.

Comments

17 Responses to “Election Day 2010: The Tally to Restore Sanity”

1. nannykins on November 2nd, 2010 12:11 pm

I hate your host Doug! Look at the top of the page – Mark Schauer a liberal dem ad. A couple other sites have the same thing – liberal dem ads. Is there not a conservative host site so we don't have to look at this tripe?

2. TheZooKeeper on November 2nd, 2010 12:31 pm

Friends, may today be a reminder that good gov't. doesn't just happen.

Like a well-tended garden, it requires diligence and hard work. Over the years we sat back and assumed it would "just happen". Today is the day that we start pulling weeds.

Keep up the good work, Mr. Powers.

3. Doug on November 2nd, 2010 12:33 pm

Heh. That's some pretty lousy target-marketing from Google ads.

Part of the deal with the host of this server is that I let him put Google ads here, but yeah, if they're going to pitch that crap (right now there's an Organizing for America ad there) I'll have to at least move that stuff to the bottom of the page or something.

4. Doug on November 2nd, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks! Yep, weed pullin' time!

5. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2010 12:56 pm

Better misdirected Google ads than insurgent ( and typically PAID political operative TROLLS ) infiltrating, hijacking and ultimately.., derailing your blog!?

Been there, done that. All throughout '08 our little "Portland Housing Blog" ( mostly CPA's, CFA's, CFP's and street-smart traders ) was practically over run by Lib/Radical/Social Justice types in an effort to 'convert' us into doing the "only practical thing left to do!" ( namely vote Democratic )

Then magically… as quickly as the locusts descended upon us.., they were gone! Gee, I wonder 'why'? Now that I think of it, very suspicious PBS would want to "link up" with Malkin? Get access to her readership? Since she's far… too classy to come out and say it.., I will! Conservative 'poster' to PBS: F_*K OFF!

6. TheZooKeeper on November 2nd, 2010 1:49 pm

Almost Slurpee time: http://bit.ly/bhAjtL

7. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2010 2:15 pm

"superfine"

Yes it is. Here in Oregon ( The Entitlement State ) or "Washington's 'Mexico' " if you prefer, it's perfectly expected that virtually any candidate running for office has a Profile that reads:

Educational Qualifications:

Graduated West Covina HS, 1978
    Attended Cal State Long Beach 79-83

Governmental Qualifications:

City Council Member, Alameda, CA 1990-2004

Recent transplants then go about "creating Utopia 'here' in Oregon" after it has utterly FAILED in Cali! We get their rejects and extremists. They're not here to run a dairy farm guys. This is how "bluing" works.

8. Rick on November 2nd, 2010 2:29 pm

LOL.update2…#1069 is superfine.

Here’s hoping more than a few taxpayer tapeworms taste the tea and are terminated today!

9. OK_Loyalist on November 2nd, 2010 5:28 pm

"What I plan to do today is to use this particular post for any election day updates, and tonight I’ll start another post shortly before returns start being announced and sort of live-blog it from the time polls close (8 p.m. edt) to whenever, so I hope you’re able to stop back by"

Last week I almost suggested we set a chat room on a public IRC server for live chat. Maybe 2012, but thanks for all you do Doug!

10. Doug on November 2nd, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks! That's a good idea and something worth looking into…

11. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2010 6:57 pm

I like that idea , too !

Thanks again, Doug for your good work here and at Michelle`s Place, GOOD TIMES !!

12. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2010 7:10 pm

As I posted yesterday, I took my compact camera with me to vote, but the signer-uper lady told me, "None of that type of device are allowed on these primises !", to which I replied, "Damn, that`s not right !"…..pocketed my camera and proceeded to vote ! No further issues !

Heard on local talk radio that 2 different folks at that same polling place and some others nearby were told they had to go some where else to vote or were inelligable or other things ! I hope they get / got things straightened out !

13. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2010 7:25 pm

"…Washington`s `Mexico` " ….I`ll bet if we really looked deep, NC would compete with your "Entitlement State" title…. Could Oregon also be California`s "Canada" ? Pols and other "blue-its" escape to the north, don`t they ?

Here in Western NC, we have a cute little flower called "blueits" (sp?) with a bloom about half-dime size, about 4 in. tall that form fairly large carpets…..I would imagine the similarity ends there !

14. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2010 7:26 pm

Grass stained fingers have I !!

15. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2010 7:57 pm

"Could Oregon also be California's "Canada" ?"

Yes. But only when they are spilling over our southern border in droves to -escape- their own ill-conceived Sales Tax! ( Then we're their bestest buddies ) Lots of folks from Yreka and beyond do their weekly/mo. shopping in Klamath Falls, OR. They're the only thing thicker than the midge flies.

NC may be in every bit the fix you 'say' it is, but I'm working to get "The Entitlement State" on our lic. plates!

16. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2010 9:24 pm

On our ballot here in NC was a state constitutional amendment to make it illegal to elect a convicted felon as Sheriff ! Yep, there was one until sometime in September ! (shakes head)

17. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2010 10:10 pm

Good luck with that ! I like "Honesty in Advertising" !