Payback:

In 1992, a life sized donkey was placed at the front door of the Republican National Committee offices. It was a fitting prank in a year when Democrats took the White House and retained majorities in the House and Senate.

Last night, Republicans got payback.

That same donkey, shown here, was delivered after midnight to the steps of the DNC, covered in logo gear from the GOP’s successful 2010 campaign to take back a majority in the House.

This was the scene:

In the art world, putting Pelosi’s name on a donkey is known as working in the “ass-on-ass” genre.

Speaking of outgoing Speaker Pelosi, here’s the cartoon of the day:

I’m not even sure it’ll be that easy — I think she’ll end up taking hostages.

Comments

14 Responses to “Stuffed Donkey Wearing ‘Fire Pelosi’ Shirt Left at DNC Headquarters”

1. sizemorew on November 3rd, 2010 4:06 pm

Love the cartoon though I would've expected more people dragging Pelosi away from the chair.

2. Doug on November 3rd, 2010 4:17 pm

Yeah, there's no way it's going to be THAT easy!

3. TheZooKeeper on November 3rd, 2010 4:44 pm

Will Nancy Pelosi see her shadow when she finally emerges? If so, expect two more months of Congressional shenanigans.

4. sizemorew on November 3rd, 2010 4:56 pm

Unless they've got a backhoe pitching in as well.

5. Marshall_Will on November 3rd, 2010 5:11 pm

"see her shadow when she finally emerges?"

Oh… that is goood. This is what happens when you opt for 24/7 adulation. We've all had that harmless daydream of hitting the lottery "and all the wonderful things we'd do for the less fortunate", and how we'd be adored by all?

Hello? Snap out of it! Doesn't happen in the real world. Even w/ taxpayer-funded lottery winnings. Not without consequences. Got Olive Branch.., Harridan!?

6. SignPainterGuy on November 3rd, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeeeeesssss ! Only 2 people, ONE pitchfork and NO torches ?!

The "mascot swap" is only FAIR PLAY and SOOOOO Apropos !!

7. OK_Loyalist on November 3rd, 2010 8:29 pm

That is damn funny ZooKeeper !

8. Ken in Texas on November 3rd, 2010 8:32 pm

Hey, SPG; you asked what part of Texas. Answer: El Paso.

9. SignPainterGuy on November 3rd, 2010 8:42 pm

Sorry, but that was someone else……..good to know, none the less !

A stat I always thought amazing re: the size of TX; some cities in TX are closer to Chicago than other cities within TX. That`s a BIG state ! Been 10 miles from TX (Ardmore, OK twice) but never crossed into it ! Bummer !

10. SignPainterGuy on November 3rd, 2010 8:49 pm

Zoo, your question implies the ability actually to SEE what she`s looking at, fact not in evidence judging by "what she saw" when looking at the Tea Party and its actions / conduct !! Botox, or Bush to blame ?!

11. Marshall_Will on November 3rd, 2010 9:02 pm

Mrs. Will and I have never ruled out the TX Gulf Coast as a poss…ible retirement spot? We've lived thru several typhoons and I always thought they were pretty exciting, I know weird huh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled for -everyone- from coast-to-coast ( and I know Michelle M's camp in CO took some tough ones… ) but it may be time for the GOP to call a spade a spade in Oregon.

Our cand. for Gov. Chris Dudley looked just fine this AM, but now they're starting to count the ballots from Multnomah County, "Potland" and it doesn't look good. Called his camp. off. and they still have 68k ballots to count. ALL in Pot-land. I'm clinging to hope but this is uphill any way you slice it. At some point, we may just have to take a step back and say, Tea Party or GOP? We've tried everything else?

12. Ken in Texas on November 4th, 2010 12:24 am

More stats: El Paso is closer to LA than it is to Houston. All of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Ireland & Wales) could fit into Texas 2 1/2 times. Every person, man, woman and child, in the WORLD! could fit into this state and have 1,800 feet of living space. AND El Paso has one of the best climates you can imagine.

13. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 1:58 am

I`ve heard some of that-the 1800 sf was 1/4 acre in the version I heard….still kyeuwel !

My home county of Haywood is one of VERY few whose water ALL originates from within the county….ain`t none of it warm, even on the warmest day in August ! Elevation ranges from about 1920 ft to 6000+ near the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Avg. mean temp. 54 degrees. Beautiful and delightfully unrefined ! Republicans are only slightly more common than four leaf clovers ! My hometown has the earliest official Rescue Squad…..my Dad lettered the second ambulance for them – they insisted he use their "official logo pattern"…. an open palm (that`s a hand for those of you in Rio Linda) complete with 6 fingers ! No joke ! They allowed him to correct the pattern for the 3rd and future ones ! Pop. was nearly 10,000 in early `70s….now barely above 4,000 !

14. TheZooKeeper on November 4th, 2010 12:23 pm

Ken, I was the one who asked. I'm in Houston. As far as environs, Houston and El Paso could be on two different planets. I grew up in Midland and spent some summers in the Davis Mountains. Not sure I'd say it was one of the best climates I could imagine. – You must like it hot and dry