Before accepting, Republicans should first insist on an in-kind moratorium on “blame Bush for everything”:

On the day after Republicans reclaimed control of Congress, a Democratic lawmaker said he will introduce a measure that would “disavow” the impeachment of former President Clinton.

Rep. Chaka Fattah (Pa.) said that the resolution is necessary so that Democrats and Republicans can work together in a bipartisan fashion.

“As we enter a period in which bipartisanship will be a major priority for the Congress, it is vital that we disavow the most highly partisan example of the politics of personal destruction in the recent history of this House,” Fattah said in a statement.

Like the old saying “you can’t un-ring a bell,” you can’t un-blow an unfaithful president, and you can’t un-do perjury, but I won’t be surprised if more than one Republican is gullible enough to consider this request.

Comments

12 Responses to “Democrat Seeks Annulment of Clinton Impeachment in the Name of Bipartisanship”

1. Linda on November 4th, 2010 12:36 am

My question is, what's Clinton, or his impeachment, got to do with anything in last 2 to 10 years?!?! And how, exactly, would disavowing it, further bipartisanship? Gads, these Dems are really grasping, aren't they?

Like the old saying goes "ya can't fix stupid".

2. Clu Seatoe on November 4th, 2010 1:14 am

All of a sudden the Marxists are interested in bipartisanship.

Well, how interested are you really?

How about tit-for-tat, commies. You settle for ‘personal destruction’ against Clinton while conservatives want to stop your ‘national destruction’ of America.

As we enter a period in which bipartisanship will be a major priority for the Congress, it is vital that we disavow the most highly partisan example of the politics of national destruction in the recent history of this House and repeal the national healthcare debacle.

3. Clu Seatoe on November 4th, 2010 1:27 am

So, Billy Blue Pill gets to surf the Red Tidal Wave and come out a winner?

Not on your life Mr. Change-your-name-for-racial-reasons.

If I change my name to Sven Skarsgaard, does that make me a Norsman? Or to Kunta Kinte, does that make me Mandinka?

Actually, I think it’d make me look pretty silly.

4. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 2:16 am

"Silly" was probably one of the nicer things I ever thought about Slick Willy ! One of the very few pres. ever impeached,though never actually removed, and he`s still one of the left`s faves ! More of that "the best are at the bottom of the barrel" attitude of their`s ! Fascinating !

5. Sanddog on November 4th, 2010 5:07 am

Yeah, we'll get right on that… after they all sign onto a resolution that disavows everything the democrat controlled congress has done in the last 4 years.

6. Tom Is Fried, Man on November 4th, 2010 5:52 am

China = Bill Clinton
    Thomas Friedman = Monica Lewinsky
    New York Times = Infamous Cigar
    New York Times Readers = Unlucky blue dress with Presidential DNA

7. Dencal26 on November 4th, 2010 10:49 am

How about we impeach Lindsay Graham for not voting to remove Clinton from office for perjury?

8. Marshall_Will on November 4th, 2010 11:42 am

Sanddog,

Bingo! Finally a proposal I can get behind! In reading the comments in Doug's link I found this gem:

"I hope that Barack Obama is the first of many African American U.S Presidents. And I hope that BO is the LAST of many U.S Democratic Presidents" ( Emphasis mine )

Here's where I think two wrongs don't make a right. Sure, getting O'care repealed is a top priority. But I think it's equally short-sighted for the House to place the Economy, Jobs and addressing Off-Shoring on the back burner!

My take is that bad ideas nearly always die-on-the-vine all of their own accord. ( Doug's "Edsel" for example? ) This thing is in it's death-throes and is one firm ( but merciful ) "burking" from certain death. Why throw their full weight, time & energy into it? Oh and Sanddog, is that shorthand for San Diego? Just curious.

*Interesting post from Ken In Texas (previous thread) to file under: Amazing but true stuff you never KNEW about Texas! Thanks Ken, :)

9. Marshall_Will on November 4th, 2010 11:50 am

Clu Seatoe,

Or Maddona speaking w/ a fake British accent after having lived there for 6 weeks?

Personal Destruction vs. NATIONAL Destruction! Interesting concept. I've always lived my life as if I were completely expendable. That I could be replaced at the drop of a hat if not toeing the line.

"Work like you could be fired any minute ( and you'll always have a job.." ) Words perhaps more should live by. Thanks Clu, tough loss in the OR Gov's race, anything helps!

10. Scott B on November 4th, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm sorry Rep. Fattah, all I heard was, "blah, blah, blah… Oh crap, the Republicans won the House"

11. sizemorew on November 5th, 2010 12:09 pm

Yeeeeeah. Democrats should file their request under "Not Happening". Because you know a request to stop blaming Bush for everything would receive the same treatment.

12. Ratso on November 8th, 2010 4:42 pm

Let's see…Democrats in power and they want to run over everyone. Now, out of power in the house and they ant to compromise. I am from Philadelphia and am embarassed one of our Comgressmen want to brush the Clinton thiing under the rug. Sorry Chaka, no deal.