MSNBC put a different label on the same turd recently by switching to the new Mao-inspired “Lean Forward” slogan. The only thing missing is a new audio tagline (kind of like CNN’s audio featuring James Earl Jones’ baritone “You’re watching CNN”), but I think Ed Schultz has unwittingly come up with one.

Is there any more perfect audio representation for MSNBC than Ed Schultz saying, “This is the truth channel with it comes to defending the Obama administration”?

And they wonder why their ratings are so lousy?

Comments

10 Responses to “Ed Schultz Gives MSNBC a New Audio Tagline”

1. Mandyagape on November 4th, 2010 4:49 pm

A more honest slogan would have been "Lean Leftward."

2. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 4:52 pm

"Truth Channel" ! MessNBC ?! Git reel !! Hardee, har har !!

3. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 5:01 pm

Too right !

Just curious…….agape: as in , my mouth is agape (wide open) from the hubris of the left; or from the Greek agape, (uh-gah-pay), one of the 7 forms of love ? Either or both fit well !

4. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 5:04 pm

Meant to add; Ok, Mr. Ed, tap your hoof once for "yes" and twice for "no" ! "Have you ever told the truth ?" (I know, trick question !)

5. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 7:08 pm

My Dad was somewhat less "picturesque" but made the point nonetheless !

I used to have a shoe polish can re-labelled as, "Turd Polish"; someone musta needed it worse than I, and I still have a can of air freshener, now empty from frequent use, relabelled as, "Bull Shit Repellant" ! It gets lots of laughs when I show it to offenders and say, "Be glad this is empty !"

6. Marshall_Will on November 4th, 2010 7:42 pm

"BE glad this is empty !"

Goes fast doesn't it? In taking time to follow some of the links MM provides on the whole "Nevada Enchilada" you… can kind of begin to see how several pollsters ( and Angle ) got it wrong?

What the wiki article doesn't tell us ( and I'm going back a'ways here ) is that the Evil Loki took the (1) harmless weed on all of earth, thought too insignificant to bother with a pledge not 'harm' Achilles, and fashioned it into the arrow that killed Achilles. If memory serves… Wait! Does that make Harry Reid…?

7. SignPainterGuy on November 4th, 2010 8:22 pm

Well, I`m trying, but not sure I`m following exactly, (rolling eyes in embarassment) ……."(1) harmless weed….", would that abka "refuss delecticus"? and would you be refering to Dingy Harry`s underhanded (illegal ?) antics as like the Evil Loki, or perhaps Paris of Greek mythology ?

Greek and Roman mythology was always fun and funny to me but dismissed off hand since their gods could be fooled and manipulated by mere humans and often weren`t aware of what was happening behind their backs…know what I mean ?

8. Marshall_Will on November 4th, 2010 9:19 pm

SPG,

LOL, yeah ya' got me there? I don't think it was ever intended for males to understand. All the gals in class were nodding in agreement and the (1) guy in the course would always say "Then why didn't Zeus just..?" So much for the classics.

Still I felt there's a parallel in there 'somewhere' in that you ( we 'now' know ) can never underestimate the depths your opponent will stoop to! I thought graying, greedy, crapweasel behavior to preserve one's deathgrip on power was the sole domain of white/male/Republican… politicians?

9. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 11:52 am

"get the reverse image, go with that"

Right, classic 'projection'. We're subjected to it in a thousand ways, every day. Dem's leave no stone unturned in developing their playbook. Everything from sophisticated interrogation techniques to playground-level bullying tactics and everything in between.

I must say, it's 'been' effective! You're engaged in what you thought was a 'conversation…' (1) moment, and 10 seconds later you find yourself caught off guard by an onslaught of alternating bludgeoning/condescending/come-to-Jesus ploys. Enough!

10. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2010 7:17 pm

Can we waterboard them now ?! We`re constantly bludgeoned with their condescention…….nothing new, just variations on the same old themes……..we`re constantly kept off-guard / -balance fighting the good fight that was won a looooong time ago ! We were too nice and didn`t ……..put them permenantly out of our misery ! Dangit, sometimes I don`t want to be nice ! I`m tired of the same old crap !