Keith Olbermann contributed to three Democrat candidates this year, and MSNBC’s policy forbids employees from donating to political causes or candidates because it “could create the appearance of a conflict of interest.” (pause for laughter)

So, do I think MSNBC will fire Olbermann for donating to three Democrats? Hell no.

However, if Keith would have donated to three Republicans, security would be escorting him from the building as we speak.

Update: Heh. Olbermann has been suspended without pay. Maybe there was a Republican on that list of politicians he gave money to after all.

Comments

28 Responses to “Will MSNBC Fire Olbermann for Contributing to Political Campaigns? Update: Olbermann Suspended”

1. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 2:05 pm

"In his statement Olbermann said he wasn't using his influence to solicit any donations for the candidates"

His influence.., his influence..

I'm sorry ( what we're we talking about? ) Kind of dozed off there… WHAT 'influence'!!?!? The three remaining Portland 'hipsters' that watch on pirated cable in between bong hits? He's kidding right?

Keith ( Philip Nolan* ) Olbermann.., The Man Without A Country! I wish I may never HEAR of the United States again! Banished forever more from our precious soil, Olby lives out his days on the high seas where no sailor in his charge is permitted to so much as 'mention' the United States in his presence!

Kool-aid in action folks. So much contempt for the Corp. America ( he forgot he 'worked' for one? ) I suppose like FLOTUS Moochelle, he can always plead ignorance of the Law? Corp. policy, whatever…

2. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2010 2:55 pm

Expecting the lib / prog. alphabet news nets not to exercise their double standards (or a standard for every day of the week or every special occasion) is like expecting the snake not to bite and the scorpion not to sting…….standards are for the pee-ons !

MessNBC and their talking facial-gashes serve only as examples of how NOT to act if true respect IS your goal !

3. Linda on November 5th, 2010 3:39 pm

Of course nothing will happen to him. That network is all about licking the boots of Democrats. They would fall all over themselves to live under the socialism of the Progressives.

4. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 4:48 pm

Linda,

Given his Ratings ( can you think of a 'better' way to break a contract? ) Or rather -enforce- it? He who shall not be named, ( and I'm goin' w/ canned ) was for not seeking prior 'approval' -not- the donations themselves.

"Phil thinks he's my boss"

Oh! Doug said he was SUSP"ended"! Schwew, for a minute there I thought you said…. Yeah, great way to roll out the much anticipated Network Makeover! Can't wait to not see it…

5. OK_Loyalist on November 5th, 2010 5:46 pm

Agreed !

6. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 5:49 pm

Early New Year's Resolution! ( Starve The Beast )

Libs have been coat-tailing, scavenging, mooching and taunting us into providing them with talking points to spoon feed their elected officials insofar as I can tell, for at least the last six years.

Nobody likes a good "flame war" more than me, but we've really got to break ourselves of the habit of actually engaging w/ them. Period. They lurk/troll conservative blogs "sending up balloons" and "testing the waters" des….perately seeking feedback to their latest brain-f@rt/marching orders. I've long suspected many were either paid, or more connected than we may realize.

For one, I've had enough. Like the "Sh!t my Father says" guy shares; "Women can think of plenty of reasons not to sleep with you ( don't figure it out 'for' them )" IMHO. Thoughts?

7. nannykins on November 5th, 2010 6:12 pm

Marshall – perhaps he can sail out to sea on Thurston Heinz III's $7 million sailboat that he STILL has not paid the taxes on!!! They make quite a pair anyway.

8. nannykins on November 5th, 2010 6:15 pm

Seems MessNBC is living up to their new motto of "Lean Forward". Think Keefy is bent over right now taking one up the arse to save his job?

9. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 7:13 pm

"They make quite a pair"

Yes the do. Heard of Dumb & Dumber? ( Try Vain & Vain'er )

Perhaps it's time for me to come clean. I have… a, 'list'. Never written down of course just, this, mental list. A list of a-h@les that have screwed me over, trust me you don't want to be 'on' it.

Now, there's times when someone has to take one for the team, 'everyone' got screwed or it was simply unavoidable. In those instances, no black mark issued. I'm tough but I'm fair! To date, and Olby just about clears the register, everyone on it has a) fallen on their own sword, b) committed career suicide ( eventually ) or c) ultimately implicated in the very activities that emboldened them in the first place! All without my having lifted a finger…

Karma.., it's a Behar. While thorough, precise and unrelenting, I don't advocate "The List" for everyone. Once you've discovered the Power of negative thinking ( there's no turning back! )

10. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2010 7:27 pm

"Karma, it`s a Behar."….it certainly is ! "The List" , "the Power of negative thinking" ………The Lord said, "Vengence is mine…"…….once I accepted that and honestly allowed God to handle the vengence aspect, I`ve noticed myself in Karma`s sights much less often ! Life in general became much simpler !

"Simple", it`s what`s for breakfast !

11. Linda on November 5th, 2010 7:29 pm

Marshall,

I find Olby repugnant. It is almost unbearable to sit through the little clips. I can't imagine watching an entire show. His self-righteous indignation act is too much.

I'm happy he's been suspended, but now the question is, for how long?

12. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2010 7:35 pm

Yeah, what y`all are sayin` !! + 1 !

13. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2010 7:37 pm

Could be, he`s running out of jobs to lose !

14. J.A. Topfke on November 5th, 2010 7:43 pm

In other news, NBC has an ethics policy.

15. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 8:04 pm

Good… good, makin' my Friday. Thanks!

16. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 8:24 pm

"once I accepted that"

Amen brother. And to think! ( It only took me half my life to figure that out? )

When you're from the old neighborhood ( and I suspect Doug is too ) you look out for each other. Anyone messes w/ your friends, same as messin' w/ you.

But how many ( as Linda well notes ) "repugnant little clips" can one sit thru before your default switch says; "Olby you lil' d'bag… I didn't want to do IT but now you've forced my hand!" To quote MM "Good night and good riddance". We'll celebrate 'her' long awaited victory, not 'his' spectacular demise. ( It was… spectacular though wasn't it? )

17. Nanny on November 5th, 2010 8:29 pm

I dont need no list – My Motto: Be honest – don't dance around and pretend like you are my friend because I can be your best friend or I can be your worst F&*king nightmare. It is so simple and weeds out wanna bees. It even deters a few choice family members who happen to be liberal and complete frauds! Makes the holidays so much easier too when I don't have to feed the mooches my famous beef tenderloin.

18. OK_Loyalist on November 5th, 2010 9:30 pm

ROFLMAO

I got to say it again, you're a peach ;)

19. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2010 9:38 pm

"….famous beef tenderloin." MMMmmmmm…. BTW, your looking reely nice today…..soundin` all smart `n stuff, too….when ya` servin` `at…I think I got a bottle o` Ripple somewhere….ol` friend-ol` pal …….hhmmmmm?

20. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2010 9:39 pm

"my famous beef tenderloin"

By all means share the 'recipe'? Nanny, it's taken me years to come to those conclusions. ( Why do gals figure this stuff out so much sooner? )

Hey! Had an idea. Blog Party! After all, for Doug's Power Players (TM) and of course the "Powerettes" you've earned…. it! ( Assuming you're not posting from an I-Phone in your gas-guzzling SUV, capitalist swine! ) let's pick a time, log on and get smashed out of our gourds for some good old-fashioned Lib-bama bashing!

JFTR, my version of "Rum & Coke" involves just a 'splash' o' Coke so Mrs. Will can't tell I'm drinking it straight. ( Did I say I was 'proud' of that? ) Let Doug KNOW!

21. TheZooKeeper on November 6th, 2010 2:45 am

I hear he's moving over to CNN to replace Kathleen Parker. The show needed a stronger conservative to help boost ratings.

22. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2010 3:01 am

Blog Party ! Yeah, for sure, maybe ! I`m like never always down for that kinda up stuff ! Call me Mr Fun ! `cept of course when I realize I have a bone in my leg or something really depressing like that ! You just can`t never always sometimes tell about these things !

23. OK_Loyalist on November 6th, 2010 3:57 am

This is as good as salting a slug !

24. Doug on November 6th, 2010 10:19 am

Ha! I don't know what'll happen, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Alan Grayson was rendered unemployed on Tuesday and the following week Olbermann was let go. Make room for Alan!

25. Doug on November 6th, 2010 10:21 am

Yeah, what gives? The guy is the mouthpiece for all-things-leftist ON THE AIR and that's not a problem, but he gives a few bucks off-the-record to Dem candidates and gets shitcanned for it? There's more to this story, that's for sure.

26. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2010 1:49 pm

I never watch CNN or MessNBC so now I`ll be never watching them even more !! Did that come out right ?!

27. Jim T. on November 8th, 2010 1:39 am

I guess now we know why NBC removed him from Football Night in America:

He must have bought some tickets to a football game.

28. Linda on November 8th, 2010 1:45 am

Heh, that didn't last too long… Like I pondered earlier, how long would that blowhard weasel be suspended? As it turns out, not long.

You can bet he won't be contrite upon his return.

Just another reason to not partake of MSNBC.