Why India’s left-wing has been in protesting Obama’s visit is beyond me — maybe they just don’t know him well enough yet.

Unfortunately, this is not satire:

New Delhi: The Left may have staged protests during his visit but US President Barack Obama was “glad” to meet an Indian communist leader last evening.

“I am glad to meet an Indian communist. I am told that communists have been part of the (Indian) political mainstream,” Obama told CPM Politburo member Sitaram Yechury at the Rashtrapati Bhawan banquet as they were introduced and both shook hands.

Can you imagine Ronald Reagan saying he was glad to meet a communist? And yet, if the quote is anywhere near accurate, it seems to roll off Obama’s tongue with ease and comfort like he’s happy to have finally met the president of a local VFW or a Yooper (which wouldn’t be nearly as thrilling for him, by the way).

Communists in India obviously have intrigued the president. Earlier during his trip, he expressed curiosity at a dinner:

Obama is learn’t to have asked Mukherjee about the entry of communists in India into the parliamentary system in India. Mukherjee is understood to have pointed out that Indian communists were part of the mainstream and like social democrats.

Mukherjee then asked Obama about the entry of communists into the American political system… or so I imagine.

Comments

22 Responses to “Obama Glad to Meet Indian Communist”

1. Joe Redfield on November 9th, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm glad the Junketer-in-Chief only shook hands with Comrade Yechury, instead of bowing like he probably wanted to do.

2. Marshall_Will on November 9th, 2010 6:33 pm

Yuck, yuck and… in contrast ( for those that might not be informed..? )
    http://www.dayoopers.com ( Residents of Michigan's Upper Peninsula ) My dad's buddy had a cabin up in Escanaba! They're known for their work-ethic and almost child-like innocence and candor.

Which means B.O would have absolutely no earthly use for them.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2010 6:37 pm

Is this "juicy little tid-bit" being shown in our msm ? I`m learning that Indian news agencies are unaware of the requirement to serve as fluff-puffers for Comrade Obambi !! His joy at meeting an Indian communist isn`t really surprising, but is fascinating in the sense that it seems he doesn`t realize that we are seeing it very clearly !

4. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2010 6:39 pm

BTW Doug, "yooper" ? That`s a new one on me !

5. Linda on November 9th, 2010 6:39 pm

He's just happy to meet another commie, so he'll have someone to sit by the campfire and sing "Kumbaya" with, while plotting the destruction of capitalism in the free world.

6. Adam on November 9th, 2010 6:44 pm

As a lifelong Wisconsinite, I know all too well about the yoopers…that's all I'm gonna say about that.

7. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2010 6:45 pm

Never mind Doug, M_W answered it ! Thanks M_W ! So, you`re saying that U.P. residents (yoopers, dayoopers) are NOT gullible ?!

8. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2010 6:49 pm

Are they like a box o` chocklates ?

9. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2010 6:50 pm

I hope I live long enough for that to be funny….right now it`s just too true !

10. Did Obama ever meet a Communist he did not like? « The Daley Gator on November 9th, 2010 8:41 pm

[...] circle, family, church, associates, who are, well, COMMUNIST, I had to ask that question when I read this. From Doug Powers Why India’s left-wing has been in protesting Obama’s visit is beyond me — [...]

11. Marshall_Will on November 9th, 2010 9:03 pm

SPG,

I had several friends back in Chicago that went to Ferris State in the U.P. They loved it up there! In fact, FS has what's considered to be the best Supply Mgmt. school in the country.

Wow, Glenn Beck is really unleashing on Soros ( gotta' watch something during lunch ) It strikes me GB wanted his ducks very much in a row before making such statements public. Bubble-bloggers have been onto Soros for some time, but nothing this magnitude?

Must study up on the whole 'Shadow Party' concept.

12. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2010 12:32 am

Please keep us apprised of anything over the top ish ! Spooky Dude is into too much for our own good….I`m amazed someone / group hasn`t neutered him before now !

13. Clu Seatoe on November 10th, 2010 1:14 am

What? After the last two years, anybody is surprised? This guy and his female are liars, thieves, and pandering carpetbaggers to the Nth degree.

14. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2010 1:42 am

I get the impression you don`t have a good overall feeling about BO and MO !

15. OK_Loyalist on November 10th, 2010 1:49 am

I doubt there isn't a communist out there that he is glad to meet.

16. OK_Loyalist on November 10th, 2010 3:26 am

I haven't checked out Beck on TV since the Van Jones outing. Per your heads up, I watched the segment on Fox website … it is good.

17. brooklynbridge on November 10th, 2010 5:10 am

I'm not sure if you Obama haters noticed but China is still a communist country. And I think it was one of your own that made a pretty big deal about creating a new relationship with China. Nixon ring a bell? And it's been the policy of every president since, both democratic and republican, to foster a huge trade relationship with China. So if you just burry your heads and pretend former republican presidents haven't empowered communists via trade relationships while China has gone on to arm our enemies and then you jump all over Obama because he acts like a diplomat when he meets a communist in person, then that's your choice. But its pretty shaky ground to stand on. I'd look for something more substantial. But it's probably hard for you to find considering the intelligence level you've displayed in your discussion so far.

18. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2010 12:59 pm

"intelligence level"

Humor… ( it's what we 'do' here! ) Otay? After two + years of watching Obamhindra AUGER the US Economy into the ground.., what can you do but sit there like an Olympic judge and award points based on biggest splash for Job-Killing belly floppin'?

"one of your own"

Yes, we have an online shrine to Richard Milhous Nixon. Click Here!

"pretty shaky ground"

No my friend, your Harridan-In-Chief Weaker Pelosi done hogged it all. Like playing Twister against an octopus, always has a "leg up" on you!

"brooklynbridge"

Cute! ( Now go jump OFF it! )

19. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2010 5:20 pm

Keep a close eye on those "legs up", M_W, they usually precede a "rain storm" !

BBridge, it`s seeing communists as one of his own that bugs us about Obowmao ! The one Who Won One is NO diplomat !

20. OK_Loyalist on November 10th, 2010 11:18 pm

Don't you love the hubris of these parasites ?

21. Rich on November 12th, 2010 11:37 pm

He was born in Kenya, Not qualified to be President of the USA
    Send him to Federal Prison and throw "Kagan the Pagan" and
    "Sort of my Whore" off of the Supreme Court
    OH yeah and repeal all of his "Legislation" too … Save America Now !

22. jacob on April 19th, 2011 4:55 am

Ferris State my good friend is in Big Rapids, MI — in lower upper Michigan. Ferris State is NOT in the U.P.

© Ferris State University • 1201 S. State Street, Big Rapids, Michigan USA • 49307 • Main Switchboard (231) 591-2000.

The Upper Peninsula area's colleges and universities
    Bay: Bay College; public; undergraduate; main campus in Escanaba; West campus in Iron Mountain
    BMCC: Bay Mills Community College; public; undergraduate; Brimley
    Finlandia: Finlandia University; independent affiliated with Evangelical Lutheran Church; undergraduate; founded as Soumi College Hancock
    GCCC: Gogebic Community College; public; undergraduate; Ironwood
    LSSU: Lake Superior State University; public; undergraduate; Sault Ste Marie
    MTU: Michigan Technological University; public; undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral; noted engineering education and research; Houghton
    NMU: Northern Michigan University; public; undergraduate and graduate; Marquette