It looks as if the “leg thrill” might have a wandering eye — thigh in this case. Has Chris Matthews’ tingle found a new femur-fatale?

Hillary Clinton was joking around with a couple of comedians in Australia, and Matthews enjoyed it, going so far as to say that if Hillary would have let out this side of her personality more during the 2008 campaign, she might be president today:

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: And a look at Hillary Clinton that might make — well, let’s put it this way. Had you seen this Hillary Clinton back in 2008, I think a lot of people would have made her president. We’re going to show you a taste right now.

The problem isn’t that Hillary never showed any personality in 2008, it’s that Matthews’ former leg-tingler-in-chief Barack Obama has been such a letdown that Hillary can talk about anything and it’s enough to fill Chris’s twitchy Hope trousers with buyer’s remorse.

Watch the video below that’s making Matthews’ leg thrill think about cheating on Obama. I was in on all the fun up until that first big cackle, then she lost me yet again.

The discussion between Hillary and the two Australian guys revolves around Hillary Clinton’s love of potato chips — something that helps give the Clintons a common bond in their marriage, because everybody knows how much Bill enjoys his Lays:

Update: Apparently Hillary had been moonlighting as a traffic cone but has called it quits.

Comments

17 Responses to “Chris Matthews’ Leg Thrill Has a Wandering Thigh These Days”

1. figgles on November 10th, 2010 3:00 pm

Really? Light banter about dinner selections and chips makes one more politically appealing? How much more vapid can one get? Keep that thrill to yourself, old man.

2. Joe Redfield on November 10th, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm wondering when exactly was the last time Hill and Bill had dinner together at home; mid '70s would be my guess.
    And I'm sure the new Potato Chip Diplomacy is a great comfort to the few allies we have left.

3. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2010 3:32 pm

"twitchy Hope trousers" LOL

Where do I get 'mine'!? Do they come in ( yes ) a 38-30 Short? Khaki always my favorite. Sorry, but even in the early 90's I had a hard time picturing Bill & Hill having a quiet sitdown dinner?

As Republicans, we'd probably be more accurately described as: "The Party of Schwew" ( that was a close call! )" than The Party of No. For as long as we remain determined to be "The Great Undoers!" we'll continue to be on the defensive.

In fact let's ditch the Elephant and swap logos for a guy wiping cold sweat off his brow exclaiming "Dude, we almost 'ate' it on -that- one!" Or, "Join us in HAIL of gunfire so thick you can dance on a sheet of lead!" We've got Schwew Appeal! ( Wouldn't it be nice to get softball chip/dinner questions for a change? )

4. OK_Loyalist on November 10th, 2010 3:38 pm

Her Thighness likes chips, who would of ever guessed that ???

5. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2010 4:21 pm

Joe,

I was kind of going to go that direction myself. In my humble experience ( I've been on several joint-exercises w/ the Aussies ) they want nothing more than to be taken seriously as a fighting force! That they -can- contribute.

Nothing wrong w/ a light hearted moment here and there, again of course, moments conservatives are seldom if ever afforded?

"Her Thighness" LOL. Ya'___got___me!

6. Pasadena Phil on November 10th, 2010 4:22 pm

It's all coming together for Hillary. The GOP establishment is in full "rehabilitate Bush" mode while the libs are making sure the Hillary will be available in 2012 despite her announcement that she will not be running in 2012 nor 2016. It's all kabuki theater and the GOP is walking right into it. President Hillary. We need to wrest control of the GOP away from the current leadership.

7. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2010 4:46 pm

Pasadena Phil!

Thanks for dropping by! Your posts at MM have cheered me up thru The Dark Hours more than you'll ever know!

Yeah, please to note my "Party Of Schwew ( that was a close call! )" post above. I'…m not encouraged by the recent response I've seen? We've all had employees/subordinates at work that are constantly "trolling for compliments" for having "saved our bacon from impending disaster!" ( but then you find yourself wondering.. ) why do I forever find myself flirting w/ disaster?

8. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2010 4:49 pm

The momentum is in our favor with the dems in meltdown / denial / panic mode ! Write and call the RNC and demand the changes that "they" are currently willfully ignoring / denying and keep the new winners` feet to the fire – I think we can beat Shrillary, the "Eater-of-Chips" !

9. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2010 4:49 pm

"True-Spec "Tactical" design" LOL

Only… at The Men's Warehouse. And just in time for Christmas! Guaranteed to put a tingle up the wearer's leg or your money back!

10. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2010 5:00 pm

"Old Grouch`s Military Surplus", $43.50, across from the "Big Pistol" (WWII AAG Memorial) Town Square, Clyde,NC ! Center of the World ! You can get ANYWHERE from there ! (except for a few places, where you have to go somewhere else to start )

11. OBAMA_IS_A_NAZI on November 10th, 2010 5:00 pm

For Chrissy, or as I call him "Tinglebell," skin color and a party persona are far more important than actual substance.

He is a an east coast elitist and therefore a racist, after all.

12. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2010 5:24 pm

SPG,

Insofar as "meltdown / denial / panic mode" we're in complete agreement. But when it comes to anything being in our 'favor' ( I'm not so sure? )

I've been calling, emailing and dropping casual hints to our Oregon GOP and I've done enough cold-calling in my life to know when I'm getting the brush-off. "He isn't *IN* right now.., would you like to leave a message?" ( Yawns for effect ) Sure, you mean like the last (3) I've already left?

Previously, they were only too happy to put my call through. Trust me, it's not a good sign when Ms. Gatekeeper says; "What is this re-GARD-ing?" Personally, I think they're getting -hammered- right now, but I want to hear from them directly.

13. TheZooKeeper on November 10th, 2010 5:34 pm

Like a Maureen Dowd article, that video should only be viewed in a reflection.

14. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2010 6:11 pm

I`ve not called them, but I have written and e-mailed a bunch…..I too recognize a brush-off and that makes me "un-pleasant" and gets ME nowhere !

15. patrioticamerican on November 10th, 2010 7:57 pm

Chris Matthews… What is he purporting to be? An objective, rational commentator/pundit?

Because all he does is insult, ridicule, lambaste, and hyperbolize.

There is nothing reasonable or factual about anything he says, and he frames questions based upon absurd strawman premises.

In other words, he's a waste of time to watch.

16. Dencal26 on November 10th, 2010 11:37 pm

Hillary's loss to Obama had nothing to do with a complicated issue as personality and didn't go much further than skin deep.

17. Clu Seatoe on November 11th, 2010 1:00 am

The Obamaos, not just job cutters, but rug cutters. Hustling and laughing their way across India.

Hillary doing standup while sitting down. I laughed! Sorry. Except for the fact that she’s a liberal, she could almost be mistaken for human. Outside of America. FLOTUS is rarely even able to raise a corner of her mouth. Is America really so stifling to these liberals? Guess she really does hate her job here.

The brighter side: After their four years in the White House, maybe they’ll move somewhere offshore where she can laugh.