One of the most pro-abortion politicians ever to trod through Washington DC will be doing the honors for a tree celebrating the birth of Christ, so I’m guessing that the lightning strikes from on high might be be enough to light the thing:

In one of her last official roles as Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is planning to light the Capitol’s Christmas tree during a Dec. 7 ceremony on the West Front lawn, according to the Architect of the Capitol’s (AoC) office.

The irony? Pelosi said she helped ram through Obamacare last year as a Christmas present to America, and that “gift” is one of the main reasons she’s being forced to turn in her gavel. America returned your present, Nancy.

Comments

13 Responses to “Pelosi’s Last Act as Speaker: Lighting the Capitol Christmas Tree”

1. steveegg on November 11th, 2010 1:21 pm

And here I thought

2. steveegg on November 11th, 2010 1:22 pm

Lousy IntenseDebate – it cut off my comment. Let's try that again…

And here I thought she would be hosting the Airing of Grievances.

3. Marshall_Will on November 11th, 2010 2:19 pm

A Festivus Guy after my own heart!

Personally, I'd prefer to honor what drove Mr. Costanza to observe Festivus in the first place! "As I reigned blows down upon his ( her? ) head!"* ( Fittingly it was over the last 'toy' on the store shelf )

"I'd like to 'start', Nancy ( George, whatever ) you have been SUCH a disappointment to me…"

Then and only then will it truly be: A Festivus For The REST of us!

*Doug Powers nor The Powers That Be advocate the use of violence against -Former- Speakers nor people in general ( no matter how well deserved! ) Standard Disclosure blah, blah.

4. Marshall_Will on November 11th, 2010 2:22 pm

Ahem, OT Warning: ( From MM ) First order of Business!

"denialcrats"

I'd like to move for inclusion into The Powers That Be Glossary of Useful Terms For Belittling Democrats.., can I get a 'second'?

5. Adam on November 11th, 2010 2:33 pm

I know where I'd like to put that aluminum pole…high strength to weight ratio, you know

6. SignPainterGuy on November 11th, 2010 2:34 pm

I second your motion ! Whole-heartedly !

7. SignPainterGuy on November 11th, 2010 3:02 pm

If not that one, surely it will be equally "jaw-droppingly ludicrous" !

8. Marshall_Will on November 11th, 2010 3:16 pm

Re-Gifting! ( It's all the RAGE! ) Literally…

Further, I move "relaxing electro shock therapy" be known from this day forth simply as: REST. As in; I REST my case. Now all we need to do is force feed enough raw amps thru the "Ceremonial Switch" to power an AC/DC concert and our Festivus Holiday will be complete!

But… it's not like she didn't have a "perma-grin" before? Check her out now!

9. OK_Loyalist on November 11th, 2010 6:32 pm

Boy that would make her eyes bug out ….. errmmm … Never Mind !

10. SignPainterGuy on November 11th, 2010 8:15 pm

More brain bleach, quick !!

11. OK_Loyalist on November 12th, 2010 12:37 am

Perfect Re-Gift site LOL

12. SignPainterGuy on November 12th, 2010 2:17 am

I`m thinking someone has a HUGE attic or it`s always Christmas at her house !

13. OK_Loyalist on November 12th, 2010 6:54 pm

ROFLMFAO, Speaking of PeeULoosey ….

This now up on Drudge

You just keep thinking that Nan !