Today’s contestant on “What’s Wrong With This Picture” is author Joe McGinniss, former stalker guy neighbor of the Palin family in Alaska.

Below is a still from last night’s debut episode of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” that drew nearly 5 million viewers (video here).

What’s wrong with this picture?

McGinniss’s attorney threatened a lawsuit if his client’s image was shown on the program — and as you can see his face has been blurred — but what McGinniss’s lawyer should have insisted be blurred out is the American flag.

If you’re going to put out a flag because you know you’re going to be filmed and want to prove that you’re just as patriotic as the neighbor you’re spying on, don’t hang it backwards. If the same rules apply for hanging the Alaska state flag vertically, that one’s backwards too.

If the writing thing doesn’t pan out McGinniss can always get a government gig hanging flags for Obama-hosted summits.

And the left says Palin is the ignorant one?

Comments

12 Responses to “Time Once Again to Play ‘What’s Wrong With This Picture?’”

1. TheZooKeeper on November 15th, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm a Palin fan, but please. Like the kids gonna sneak up stairs with a camera crew filming him. Me thinks there was some staged action going on in that scene. As far as their "neighbor", what a sad individual. Log entry: "Today Palin and family walked from plane to house. Stay tuned."

2. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks for the two flag links, Doug, quite useful !

I watched episode one of "The Palins Show Us Their Not-So-Exceptional Lives" and found it mildly entertaining and informative. They do normal, real stuff ! In Alaska ! Cool enough !

Speaking strictly for me, there`s nothing unusual about sitting on the porch in decent weather just to be outside ! The lake shore is a real plus for me – throw in the float-plane, you`d have to lock me in to keep me from being out there watching, but I think I would have spoken to the adventurers !

While I missed the incorrect flag displays, I did notice the blurred face, the fact that he acted like no one else was in the world and was at least pretending to be reading……I hoped the cameraman would zoom in to catch the title and to see if the book was upside down ! That would have been too funny – BUSTED !! Oh, well !

I`ll have to watch ep. 2 to decide if #3 is in my future ! Maybe I`ll HULU it !

3. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2010 8:54 pm

The environmentalist wackos are pitching a fit "because Sarah and gang were too close to the bears!" It looked to me, the only one too close was the intruding male bear….
    Glenn Beck is demonstrating how the "grassroots protest of TLC" has "Spooky Dude" George Soros funded groups all over it ! Sounds "grassroots" to me ! Riiiight !!

4. Marshall_Will on November 15th, 2010 9:59 pm

Even though this may be "mildly entertaining" I still see this as an imperative move. From 2000 to 2008 libs seized the narrative and quickly portrayed conservatives as booooring!

When you have a 24/7 steady drum-beat of, "conserv's club baby seals for 'kicks', conserv's have -zero- compassion for others ( Clooney vs. Looney right here on this very website! ) conserv's are totally inept at any form of intimacy and drive SUV's that get terrible gas mileage in an effort to "compensate", isn't it nice to have a counter-balance to that?

When your hate mail bag is over flowing and… you're being called every name but the one your mother 'gave' you ( how eager have any of us been to share anything about our private lives? ) So… once they've succeeded in driving us underground, and all anyone ever 'sees' of us/commentators/bloggers etc. is our game face, we're SO much easier to demonize! I'm not Sarah's biggest fan, but God love her for showing there's more 'to' us than arguing over taxes, money and ram-rodded "healthcare".

5. Nanny on November 15th, 2010 10:43 pm

I did not watch it but you know what….. Sarah Palin and family are like a lot of families in the U.S. and that is what really terrifies the libs. We too enjoy the outdoors and spending time up north in Michigan. We enjoy our family, friends, get togethers around a fire, etc. We don't live our lives like the elites – hob nobbing and trying to our pics taken with the next rehab politician, hollyweird type. I like the whole Palin family and what they stand for. Presidental material – probably not – but a great national spokesman for conservatives like us.

6. lwolt on November 15th, 2010 11:01 pm

What direction does the railing run? the Union should be to the north or the east.

It should be the same size or bigger than the state flag.

7. Marshall_Will on November 15th, 2010 11:04 pm

Nanny,

Right, and where the -extreme- Left is concerned, there won't be any swaying them in the slightest. No idea if this was the 'intent' of the show, but I'd like to think for the moderates/independents* it shows them that "Conservatives are people too!".

*It was the Moderate/Indie Vote that put numb-nutts over the top. Something I may not LIVE long enough to forgive? I'd love to see a "Have you thanked a Moderate Voter 'Today'?" bumper sticker w/ a big grinning Obama right next to it. Happy NOW you 'moderate' morons!?

8. Doug on November 15th, 2010 11:34 pm

Depends on what you'd qualify that deck fence as… railing or a wall. Since there are many rails that run downward I put it under the "wall" rules for a vertical or horizontal flag (because you can't see it from the back unlike hanging it from a wire across a street or something like that), in which case the union should be to the upper left of the observer. And yeah, the state flag shouldn't be larger… but flag ettiquette isn't taught in school… and it certainly isn't taught in journalism school.

9. Doug on November 16th, 2010 1:04 am

Ha! I saw that… you could be getting eaten by a bear and some radical animal rights douche would run up and say "You're too close to the bear! BACK AWAY OR YOU'LL SCARE IT!"

10. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2010 2:08 am

Wouldn`t want to scare it ! Heck no, it might choke on my arm !

11. Nick on November 16th, 2010 3:19 pm

"And the left says Palin is the ignorant one?"

Yes. Palin's neighbor isn't trying to be Vice President. See the difference?

Nice to know this site is still douchetown.

12. Dandapani on November 16th, 2010 11:42 pm

the star field is ALWAYS to its own right even if hanging down.