The video below will be a lot funnier if you first warm yourself up with the words of Valerie Jarrett, who was quoted in David Remnick’s biography of Barack Obama:

So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy. … He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do.”

Here’s Jarrett’s uber-genius boss — with talents and intellect so far beyond mortal men that his words must be read from plates of glass to be understood by the bourgeoisie-on-down — in action:

(h/t Fox Nation)

Comments

18 Responses to “Obama: The Teleprompter Chronicles”

1. Marshall_Will on November 16th, 2010 5:15 pm

Hilarious! That's a keeper, thanks Doug.

Obviously, I'm not part of The One's inner-circle, and other than unconfirmed rumors we've no means to verify.., I believe what we're seeing unravel is the product of Alcoholic Anxiety. I've done enough public speaking ( and -drinking- ) to know it when I see it.

I've watched on in horror as fellow presenters "lost their edge" in a downward spiral and attendant "flop sweat". When you're on a roll and "in a zone" you feel your drinking enables you, keeps you in that zone.

But the slightest unplanned-for moment ( let alone the collapse of a nation under your watch ) can and ultimately 'does' throw you into a tailspin from which there is no recovery. I call it "lock up". Public speaking is a delicate thing, a balance of ego, timing and delivery. It's about confidence. The flops begin to magnify in your brain to the point where it's all you can see. Never mind TOTUS ( put down the bottle and we'll work w/ you on your job re-training program and rehabilitation together! ) IMHO.

2. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2010 7:28 pm

Once again M_W, excellent observation and analysis – observalysis ? (I won`t mention analvation- eeww!) It`s fascinating how the Obamassiah`s sycophants see only god-like qualities in him ! Gag me with a shovel !

We`ve heard various stories from college classmates, "He always had lots of pot and white girls..", and stories of his cocaine use and current drinking ! I`ve been noticing in speech clips and some still photos symptoms of "some sort of buzz" goin` on , for the last year at least ! Little doubt, the SS staff would enable and cover for his substance abuse ! Not a comforting thought !

3. Marshall_Will on November 16th, 2010 7:42 pm

nannykins,

Not in your league.., but thanks nonetheless. What makes the Oba-meltdown more alarming is he's typically playing to hand-picked, softball lobbing, hometown friendly groupies/beneficiaries. As that crowd continues to thin, editors will be forced to splice together nineteen sound-bytes to get 30 seconds of air-worthy material?

Initially, these techno-glitches enamored him to younger voters that readily identified "I couldn't get thru the DAY without my Blackberry?"

Believe me, nothing turns off younger people quicker than a "burn out". As an instructor on Base I can tell you, young recruits have an unspoken language and telegraph all their own. Once you're 'out' you're out! Clearly, he is no longer "one of them" and what's more pathetic than an old teacher trying to act 'hip' in front of the kids?

4. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey, yer hoggin` on the "well saids" there buddy !

5. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2010 7:59 pm

The teleprompter – TOTUS – one of my favorite subjects ! Thanks Doug !

Even Biden can pull-off a little adlib when TOTUS blows over or otherwise malfunctions ! Even Moochelle is willing to work from notes if she has to !

Eeeeeww, I need mouthwash after that !

6. Marshall_Will on November 16th, 2010 8:46 pm

"I need mouthwash" ( by… the… shovelful? ) LOL

It was something about the way MM observed a week ago when_he_balked_at_every_ word that kind of keyed us into that? Ever since she mentioned those no-longer-purposeful pauses it forced me to make note of it, not just in BO, but in everyone I spoke with. ( And if the shoe fits.., myself )

What's causing this reluctance? ( Am I really out of my depth here? ) Or is it that I'm being less than truthful, less than informed? Any 'one' of us can develop a kink in our speaking patterns. Most go away/improve on their own. Personally, I think the guy is so FULL of himself that he feels he's above the same physiological shortcomings that plague the rest of us. ( Like sobriety? )

As in: President of The United States? I can play this gig stoned! Based on this, Dean Martin should have been President.

7. Nanny on November 16th, 2010 9:21 pm

Did you say shovel full – as in shovel ready? Oh I'm sorry – just couldn't resist.

Dean Martin would have been 100% better president than what we have sitting in the White House now. At least he knew the words to the songs! And his side kick, Jerry Lewis, would have made a great VP compared to what we have now.

8. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2010 9:33 pm

"Mouthwash" probably s/b wash my hands, but , oh well !

Dean Martin actually could sing and did quite well, never pretended to be other than a performer, and often appeared on stage with a cig and a drink in hand ! Not hidden ! Oh yeah, and Deano could pull off a joke !

I am sooooo fed up with this poseur / imposter-in chief ! Even some of his own peeps are saying he doesn`t know what he`s doing and is un-hinged !

9. SignPainterGuy on November 17th, 2010 12:04 am

How the "claimed-to-be-mighty" have and are falling ! The presidency (country or business) is no place for a pretender ! The way you think does help fill in the puzzle – I pray you`re right ! Fits with my gut, too !

I`m a bit concerned about who will be on the 2012 ticket, Shrillary or similar lib who doesn`t look so marxist (!?) who`ll grab the electorate without scaring them !

10. Steve on November 17th, 2010 1:53 am

THANK YOU for posting this! I'm glad I found your blog!!

Steve
    common cents http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

11. Joyanna Adams on November 17th, 2010 2:05 am

I picture, a telepromoter at the head of his bed….

"oh darling… you smell like…Rahm in the morning…"

12. OK_Loyalist on November 17th, 2010 2:12 am

Are you sure that isn't … "oh Rahm … you smell like… Darling in the morning…" ??? ;)

13. Ken in Texas on November 17th, 2010 2:26 am

OK, you guys…please don't denigrate Dean Martin's name by associating him with Obama. Dean was actually a non-drinker and used the "glass" as a prop.. On the other hand, my old man used to say, "I feel sorry for them that don't drink, on account of when they wake up in the mornin', they know that's as good as they're gonna feel all day."
    If ya'll wil excuse me, I'm gonna go mess up the first couple of hours of tomorrow.

14. OK_Loyalist on November 17th, 2010 2:33 am

Some of the best stuff ever put on television IMO

Cheers !!! :D

15. Clu Seatoe on November 17th, 2010 3:21 am

“…such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy.”

Or

…able to down a full half gallon of Hagen Daz Chocolate in one sitting and still pinch those pesky sinkers without leaning forward (with all due respect to MSNBC). We used to look at each other uber-puzzled when we heard the giggling coming from the other room.

********************

“He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do.”

Or…

…one leg at a time? No way, sweet cheeks! From now on it’s gonna be both at the same time.

16. SignPainterGuy on November 17th, 2010 3:57 am

Scroll on down ! Stevie Wonder `s on there somewhere !

17. SignPainterGuy on November 17th, 2010 4:00 am

I do love me some good chuckles before bedtime !

Sit up straight, don`t scrunch the pipes !

18. Doug on November 17th, 2010 12:02 pm

Loved those Dean Martin roasts!