From an article about Joe Biden getting misty at a farewell party for Chris Dodd:

Dodd and Biden served in the Senate together for decades, along with Patrick Leahy of Vermont, who was also present, and the late Ted Kennedy. The bond between Dodd and Kennedy was particularly strong.

Very strong. Often the two would be seen sharing a sandwich together.

Update: By way of Michelle Malkin, I think Dodd can hear us picking on him:

Comments

10 Responses to “This Just in From the ‘Ya Don’t Say’ Department”

1. Marshall_Will on November 18th, 2010 2:58 pm

Yes, when I think about the man who more than any other, single-handedly DESTROYED the US Economy "retiring" ( I get all 'misty' too? )

While virtually everyone remotely associated w/ finance desperately attempts to rebuild what's left of our lives, we'll lament a lot of things, Dodd's retirement ( read transition to lobbyist ) isn't one of them.

And what says sexist pig quite like assualting a woman simply trying to make an honest living and the misfortune of having to serve your table? Their dates were out of the room for 'how' long? Why 'he' and his mortgage/crook buddies aren't in JAIL is beyond me? We Bubble-bloggers have been calling for him in an orange jumpsuit for years… Misty-eyed ( but – whole.. other reason! )

As in: "It used to 'hurt' ( now I can't hold an APPLE in there any more? ) Sorry!

2. nannykins on November 18th, 2010 3:09 pm

Now Doug….. Dodd and Kennedy were just performing TSA "pat downs".

3. SignPainterGuy on November 18th, 2010 8:30 pm

You`re entirely too kind; assigning too much intelligence and humanity to Sir Dudd ! He believes himself to be as Royalty and above reproach !

I don`t understand why the victim waitresses (meat in the sandwiches) didn`t give a knee to the jewels and dared K & D to say anything !? (other than a high-pitched oooooww of course)

4. sizemorew on November 18th, 2010 9:11 pm

Trust me. Annihilating any future heirs a man might have is the first thought of any woman in similar situations, but it's kinda hard to knee a guy where it hurts if you're pinned between two men like that. Not much room to pull your leg back to deliver a decisive blow. Especially since I'm sure Dodd and Kennedy weren't exactly light. I'm impressed she managed to get away in the first place.

5. SignPainterGuy on November 18th, 2010 9:35 pm

A few years ago, a female judge took the "A woman cannot be raped if she doesn`t want to be" approach and used a coke bottle as a teaching aid. While holding the empty bottle upright in her hand, she swirled it around in irregular movements and instructed an attorney to stick his finger into the bottle…..He could not do it ! I guess her point was, "where there`s a will, there`s a way !"

Trust me, and this is for reference-not argument, it does not take "body-lifting-force" to deliver a debilitating-mind changing "coop de grass" !

6. Marshall_Will on November 18th, 2010 10:43 pm

sizemorew,

More than likely ( for ref. this ocurred in 1989, just two years after The Crash of '87 ) the poor gal NEEDED the job and these were two "big hitters". She instinctively knew, if she raised too much of an objection, easier to can her than accuse a sitting Senator?

AND… these clowns -know- exactly that! It's why… they've spent a lifetime getting away w/ that BS. I'm equally impressed she managed not to puke.

7. sizemorew on November 19th, 2010 12:51 pm

I agree that where there's a will there's a way, but sometimes it's a choice of survival. Particularly if there's a weapon, children, or both involved: "If I go along with what he says, he says he won't kill my kids. I don't trust him to keep that promise, but do I really want to put their lives at risk?" To be honest, if I ran into that situation, I'm not sure if I'd risk fighting back.

I'll keep that in mind in the unlikely event that I ever get sandwiched. It's not the lift force I was concerned with, but how far back she could actually pull her knee to deliver the blow. Or does it not take that much force to send a man to the floor? I've never had to knee a guy before.

8. sizemorew on November 19th, 2010 12:52 pm

You've got a point, Will.

9. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 2:31 pm

I get your points; there`s so much to consider when dealing with K & D types (what they are capable and willing to do or have done) ! There are no fit-all responses !
    My point was as you just expressed (I`m glad you`ve never been sandwiched) the jewels can be hurt severely with little force, no back-motion (cocking) required !

This is a case of the high-and-mighty playing footloose anf fancy free without consideration for the peasants ! An "injustice" that pisses me off to no end ! They and their ilk deserve payback; the more painful and embarrassing, the better !

You are exactly right; one must ALWAYS consider the ramifications of his/her actions, the "meat in the sandwich" could have found herself in the garbage !

10. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 2:43 pm