CBS News’ Mark Knoller, covering the NATO summit, just Tweeted this Obama attempt to “connect” with host-nation Portugal:

The last time I even heard Obama mention Bo, this was the reference:

Mr. Obama concluded his remarks at about 7:30, saying he couldn’t stay for dinner.

“I’ve got to go home to tuck in the girls and walk the dog and scoop the poop,” he said.

Ah, Portugal!

“As a matter of fact, I even got some Portuguese enrichment stuck on my shoe the other day.”

Update: Obama told the Portuguese that Bo is “the most popular member of the White House.” Hey, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Comments

19 Responses to “The Poop on Portugal’s Obama Enrichment”

1. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 4:44 pm

I guess this settles the "Obama is a Muslim " issue … Since muslims won`t have dogs (they`re unclean) ! He owns one and even clears the yard mines (scoops the poop) ! (chuckles and shakes head)

One question for you, Doug…..Did you get it off your shoe ?

2. clu seatoe on November 19th, 2010 4:58 pm

That’s the short version.

The actual quote was:

I'm enriched because if it weren’t for this animal running up to me and lifting his leg on my mega-buck shoes I’d never get to see my daughter when she comes running after it.

What, dear? Oh, there’s two of ‘em?

OK., then if it weren’t for these animals running up to me….

3. sizemorew on November 19th, 2010 5:02 pm
  4. Marshall_Will on November 19th, 2010 5:05 pm

On the bright side, Moochelle and a few hundred of her closest friends didn't accompany His Swaggerness on this particular trip. ( Why is it the more the economy deteriorates the more she looks like Imelda Marcos? )

"Other pressing issues also crowd the agenda for the two-day summint meeting: NATO's "reset" of better relations with…"

Everything's a "reset" with this guy! Thusly implying all… that came before 'it' ( was totally ef'd up ) How many Reset-cards are there in a deck of 52? Wouldn't any NBA ( high school ) guard that launched this many 'airballs' be benched by now?

5. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 5:13 pm

Apparently, not in Oz !

I`m guessing the "reset card" printer in on constant "on-call status" ! What, your deck has only 52 ?! Peasant !

6. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 5:15 pm

S/B: No benching in Oz, or it makes no difference anyway, the replacements are all clones !

7. Marshall_Will on November 19th, 2010 5:40 pm

Got… any… Jacks!? ( Not since Rahm left town! ) Yeah, go FISH Bammie.

Speaking of "no coincidences" there's 52 Weeks in a year ( 52 cards in the deck! ) Four 'suits' ( four seasons to the year ) and I'm told the 13 cards-per-suit symbolize the 13 months of the year ( Lunar Calendar of Old )

Uh… yeah ( so I take my cards seriously? )

8. Scott B on November 19th, 2010 6:04 pm

So Mr. O, how enriched am I if I'm eating Belgian waffles & French Fries as dessert after my Chinese take-out while yelling at my German Shepherd to move so I can watch British League Soccer?

9. nannykins on November 19th, 2010 6:12 pm

And this man is supposed to be the smartest president we ever had? Give me a F*&%@G break!!!!

10. Marshall_Will on November 19th, 2010 6:12 pm

Scott B,

Perzactly. Doug's mother and MY mother were both mothers! I mean wtf, talk about reaching fer' sh!t. Do connections 'get' any flimsier than that? Rookie mistake all the way. Great orator? He'd never cut it cold-calling. Click…

Who was 'that' dear? Some psycho…

11. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 8:29 pm

Now that was collectible ! One of your best !

12. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 8:33 pm

Woody is more genuine !

13. Marshall_Will on November 19th, 2010 9:06 pm

"A View From -Inside- Waiver-Mania!"

At MM's considered direction.., I called our rep's regarding Repeal Now and I mean to tell ya' it was an education. Sen. Ron Wyden's (D-OR) staff was good enough to take my call. Firstly, where 'they' are concerned, this is a done-deal. Only a handful of malcontents like ourselves even 'bother' contest it.

Secondly, and overwhelmingly, the message was clear! Oregon was Waivered ( not EXEMPT, there are no "exemptions" ) Obviously they've fine tuned their talking points after hearing Sean H & MM's discussion on Wed. regarding "equal protection under the law". So New Directive from HQ. Search & Destroy is now Sweep & Clear.

Thirdly, WTF do YOU care! Hey, you lucked out! Sure, yeah, Ron -voted- for it. No skin off his azz, OR 'already' had a plan in situ that means you needn't -concern- yourself with it! It "Meets or Exceeds" all the Federal Guidelines for Min. Standards of Care. Call 'your' rep. It's fun!

14. Nanny on November 19th, 2010 9:07 pm

Looks more like Brian was dancing with a "woody" while watching all the young un's prancing around.

15. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 9:13 pm

Saved the link, thanks ! First thing I noticed, Barry is "Ace" and "King" of all four suits ! Moochelle is Queen of "Spades" (only) ! RRAAAAAAACIIIIIIIST !! and sexist as well ! OOOooooopppsss !!

16. Marshall_Will on November 19th, 2010 10:14 pm

LOL, well maybe it is and maybe it isn't but she sure ain't the Queen of Hearts. Can we agree on that much?

Actually never cared much for playing poker. Dad always said it was primarily for "macho-types" and too much relied on the draw. Like most mid-westerners, I grew up learning Pinochle, Spades, Gin, Rummy 500 etc. I like Spades best and our daughters cheat 'just' like the old man…

One trick in I can pretty much tell you what everyone is holding. People think that's b/c you play against the same guys all the time. You could pull someone in off the street. Unless I'm sitting on a barn-burner, what 'I' am holding couldn't interest me less. Anyone can win with good cards.

Winning with cr@ppy hands ( like the one conservatives have been dealt ) is what seperates the men from boys.

17. SignPainterGuy on November 19th, 2010 10:46 pm

Spades was my fave as well, learned in college and nearly failed Socialist-ology because of it (the best players were avail. then ! ) Good times ! Schweww !

Meanchelle ain`t the Queen of MY Heart, I know that !

Doug`s update : "Bo is the most popular member of the family !" Well duh ! We aren`t bombarded 24/7/365 with every detail of his life and face – PLUS – Bo might chew up the upholstery and poop in the yard but he doesn`t live to bankrupt our country and embarrass us at every turn ! Keep the dog / impeach the man-child !

18. Ken in Texas on November 20th, 2010 2:13 am

El Doug-o! You have created a monster! A few years ago, when you and I first communicated, you had this little-known blogsite that it seemed only you and I knew about. I was a member of the Texas Minutemen; you were going to try and come down and visit with us, and NOW look what you've done! You've managed to attract a WHOLE bunch of right-wing nationalists just like me!

You deserve the success, bro.

19. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks for finding me Doug…I thought maybe I`d crossed the line with the "Keep the dog" line !