What continues to be a little odd is that it took the government so long to determine that this was merely a passenger flight heading toward the west coast of the US. It seems like a two-minute phone call to the FAA could have confirmed that. The government (and many others) say the contrail, as well as what looked like an engine flame, were merely optical illusions caused by twilight conditions, giving it the appearance of a missile.

Maybe it was an airplane, but Beck is unconvinced, as you’ll see below. Beck says he’s talked to sources in the Defense Department, and his theory at least deserves discussion.

I’ve seen optical illusions play tricks with minds before, so that’s certainly possible, but I’ve also seen rocket launches that looked a lot like this too.

Take it away, Glenn:

(h/t The Right Scoop)

Comments

11 Responses to “Glenn Beck Unsatisfied With ‘Airplane Contrail’ Explanation”

1. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2010 2:40 pm

Although I must temper my belief with a need to be open-minded and give credence to the nearly equally plausible "swamp gas" explanation (that stuff causes a meriad of problems from pole to equator / deep-sea trench to the upper atmosphere), I find it distressing and completely believable that the Chinese did indeed send up a clear message to the money shufflers in DC : "We want our money paid back, in full and on time !!" "That was your first notice from the collections division !"

Our gummint`s initial silence and then lame, BS explanation speeks volumes – against them !

2. Marshall_Will on November 20th, 2010 6:32 pm

"swamp gas"

What may have caused the O.I is that it was filmed from land, looking out over the sea. Even vice-versa, it's difficult to determine heading, trajectory path and speed w/ the naked eye. Ship-to-shore, shore to ship and all that rot.

But as Doug shares, if it really was just a plane, call the damned Air Traffic Control Tower at LAX! ( How hard could it be? ) Where I have my doubts is that contrails in general take on the natural hue of their surroundings. The reflections of the colors around them.

Rockets and missiles OTOH don't burn diesel fuel. Usually a peroxide/liquid oxygen-mix. It burns a 'tad' hotter than diesel fuel and I think thermal imaging ( even on videotape off of other known sources ) 'should' dispell/confirm the actual source.

The only reason I have my doubts it was "other than aircraft" is the 'duration' of the burn. I've seen maybe two launches and the missile contrail continues well beyond what you can track, again without optical/tracking enhancements. That's 'my' SWAG anyway.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2010 7:07 pm

So I take it, your disinclined to acquiesce to the "swamp gas theory" ? Even considering the Modulus of Elasticity, the time since the Age of Aquarius, the moon`s relative angle to Venus, multiplying by 5, subtracting 2 and carrying the 1 ? Dad-gum-gummint BS wins out over all that ? Your a hard-man to please !

Ok, my "SWAG" is still with a military rocket / missle launch – it`s just a question of WHOSE military !

That is, unless the third possiblity is true ! They`re filming "Iron Man III" ! It wasn`t all that far from Malibu now was it ?!

4. Clu Seatoe on November 20th, 2010 11:35 pm

Swamp gas is the propellant behind the words that emanate from the leadership of the current administration that stains, discolors and stinks up the pages of American History.

Swamp gas is the driving force behind the nail gun that’s firing it’s projectiles into the coffin of this administration.

Swamp gas is what’s in the head of Obamao and his cadre that leads them to think they can corral and lock down the America people within their own borders by such tactics as the TSA which will lead the airlines into bankruptcy. But their too big to fail so guess who will buy them up and put their employees on the government payroll under government supervision — and the unions beholding to them.

Ever hear the story of the frog in the beaker with the flame under it? It gets cooked so slowly that it doesn’t even realize it ‘till too late.

Ribbit. Ribbit.

5. Ken in Texas on November 21st, 2010 2:05 am

Listen, y'all; having spent my military career in Air Defense Artillery, from Nike-Hercules missiles to Patriot, and having participated in dozens of missile launches, THAT WAS A MISSILE LAUNCH!!! A missile in flight leaves a somewhat erratic smoke trail. A Patriot missile leaving its canister will make an abrupt left turn to give the ground radar time to coordinate with the missile radar, and then correct its course to intercept the target. We're not being told the truth.

6. Joyanna Adams on November 21st, 2010 2:10 am

Wow…another legacy to hand down to our children:

"Daddy, who killed JFK?" —Honey, they won't tell us.
    "Mommy, who lanched that missle?" —-Honey, they won't tell us.

We've come so far. At least LBJ gave us a whole panel of goobers to act like they were investigating to find out who killed JFK. Now, they don't even bother, they just don't say anything at all.

The LEAST they could do is put together some kind of fake investigation!
    We are so meaningless now, they just ignore us.

Are we frogs…or are we….frogs?!

7. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2010 3:31 pm

When I was young my Dad said that the gov`t and especially the military was responsible for protecting us from ANY invaders ! To acknowledge the existance of UFOs was like admitting that they could not provide absolute protection !
    Now, consider that Glenn is correct, the Chinese DID pop up undetected and launch a missle as a message ! Would / Should the gov`t, even if our gov`t were intirely benevolent, ackowledge this breach of security / financial policy slap-down ?! Rock > – < Hard PLace !!

8. @WARCHICKUSA on November 21st, 2010 6:47 pm

Not a missile, details here: http://americaswarchick.blogspot.com/2010/11/da-p

"Just one more question: Do those who frantically insist that the two LA missile sightings and the NY blaze are planes honestly believe that we in flyover country, who have seen contrails on a daily basis for well over 40 years now, have been stricken with sudden aeronautical technology amnesia?

That makes about as much sense as all these freaky weird planes. This confusion between clear anomalies in our skies and ho-hum plane contrails insures one thing: the public won’t know what to think when it really does come. And that is what our enemies are counting on."

WARCHICK

9. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2010 8:15 pm

EEYOOOWW …….. You are one scary chick ! Put your blog right on my fave list, I`ll be dropping in frequently to keep up on the news….you got good connections ! Great q`s for Gen. McInerney, he strikes me as trustworthy, interesting on FNC ! Thanks ! I wasn`t aware of the two launches from the same area last year . Yeah, our wonderful gummint wants us dumb and ugly !

BTW, is that you in the header ?

10. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2010 9:00 pm

MMMmmmm, loved the "Perfect Airport Security Solution" on your homepage – no x-rays, no profiling, no long drawn-out trials and as an added bonus, instant passenger seat available ! Keeeeyewel ! Good stuff !

11. sizemorew on November 22nd, 2010 2:02 pm

I lived on the Space Coast all my life and have seen dozens of rockets and shuttles launched. The mystery contrail looks suspiciously like the contrails left behind by both. Airline contrail my butt.