Let it never be said that these people don’t know how to strike more nerves than an overcaffeinated acupuncturist:

Developers of the controversial Park51 Islamic community center and mosque located two blocks from Ground Zero earlier this month applied for roughly $5 million in federal grant money set aside for the redevelopment of lower Manhattan after the attacks of September 11th, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

Let them get the money from Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg instead.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

18 Responses to “Excuse Me? Park51 Developers Apply for Grant From 9/11 Redevelopment Fund”

1. TheZooKeeper on November 22nd, 2010 1:42 pm

I'd say that's a classic example of Chutzpah, but that might offend our Islamic friends.

2. sizemorew on November 22nd, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh HELL no.

3. OK_Loyalist on November 22nd, 2010 2:50 pm

I say give them a few jars of Pickled Pigs Feet !

4. Rick on November 22nd, 2010 2:58 pm

Bloomberg might write the check if their communion is “low cal” and “Jesus-free”.

Let no Jidhad go unfunded by Uncle Soros’ America.

5. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2010 3:05 pm

This is the Crowdiac speaking… this post is from the future:

Aviso! Noviembre 2012 ( Now that English *IS* the Second Language the message has been translated into English for the Unwashed )

Even though the only paying gig Joyless Behar has been able to land is on the Home Shopping Network ( she is still getting in plenty of cheapshots and STILL blaming Bush for the economy, now in it's 4th year of Obama-taan Death March ) Any survivors from the forced march were taken to Camp Larry O' Donnel for Economic Re-Education.

The Mosque ( while completed ) remains uninhabitable after a devastating "stinky bomb" attack from a certain group of Loyalists ( thought to have ties to Oklahoma ) was set off. No cleaning crew -yet- has succeeded in eradicating the putrid stench of what some have described as "a pork bbq gone really, really bad!"

No need to fret over how the 2012 Election turned out. They were cancelled. The Crowdiac is done speaking and returns you to the Present.

6. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2010 3:12 pm

Oh…, bummer! Turns out there 'were' no survivors of the Obama-taan Death March and Camp Larry O'Donnel will be closed until we can manage to find some!

( I speak 'to' The Crowdiac thru various and mystic channels ) He is not available at this time. I'm told he has gone to Camp Larry O' in order to "take in" the waste of human life and economic carnage for himself! He has informed me ( thru various and mystic channels ) he will be putting together a Calendar of Non-Survivors just in time for the holiday shopping season.

7. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2010 3:17 pm

Wait…! The Crowdiac is speaking to me thru various and mystical/er channels!

'Live' from Camp Larry O' Donnel! Oh wait.., nevermind.

8. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2010 3:26 pm

Pressurized ! In false-labelled opaque jars !

9. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2010 4:20 pm

Wouldn`t you know it, calendars were big on my Christmas shopping list and I`ve already cleaned out Books a Million !

Just curious, these "various and mystic channels", is their "opening" preceded by a KaWhaang and the sound of Tweety Birds ? Are the lovely Mrs. Will`s frying pans strangely "dented" ?

10. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2010 4:28 pm

I`m with you Doug, Joyless and Whoopidoo can give all they want of their own money but not one red cent of public funding should go toward anything representative of the ROP that showed their peaceful intent just a few blocks away !!

I`m reminded of "Envaders From Mars" : "We come in peace" – whirrerrerr- bzzzzzzzzt !!

11. zillaoftheresistance on November 22nd, 2010 4:43 pm

%$#@^&!!!

How much further must we allow them to push us before we push back? That SOB Rauf has a 9/11 truther kook on his team, probably thinks JEWS flew the planes into the WTC and denies that the building for the victory rabat is part of Ground Zero despite the fact that the first plane's landing gears smashed through the roof en route to jihadi massacre of thousands of innocent people (including people I knew & care about)! Enough with the bizarro world opposite lad coddling of these bastards already! GRR!!!!

12. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2010 4:46 pm

LOL! No it started yesterday when The Wills were out and about ramping up for Thanksgiving.

For most of us, it was awhile back but the first time you're established enough to have your parents over for T-Day at -your- place ( it's a pretty big deal! ) While at the Dollar Store ( stocking up on fru-fru cr@p ) I noticed Charlie Rangel's 'book' "And I Haven't Had A Bad Since!" ( appropriately ) in the bargain bin! Basically where he BELONGS!

Since the bargain bin is a clear reflection into The Past, I got the idea to write "from the future"? As you rummage thru cassette tapes of K.C & The Sunshine Band, it becomes altogether obvious WHY certain elements of pop culture are "bargain-bin ready". The Crowdiac knows ALL!

13. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2010 7:53 pm

Ahh yes, looking back for a clear view of the future ! It`s all coming back up on me now ! (Sorry Celine !)

My ex was one of eight, special occasion meals were a HUUUUge deal ! The men all had serving platters for plates ! (No need for second trips – Fail) One of very few things I miss !

My younger nephew and his family of five will be down from WI for Thanksgiving (Maw-in-law`s turn for Christmas this year) so we will be doing Christmas twice ! Too much fun !

14. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2010 8:39 pm

Wrong movie – OOOOOOPPPSSSS !!! "Mars Attacks" …..gee whizz ! I`m so mad, I can`t even thimk strate !

Oh, did I mention, I HATE ETHANOL ?!

15. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2010 9:50 pm

"before we push back?"

Good question. As I sat in church this past Sunday ( when my eyes weren't bleeding from a hangover ) our pastor talked about… fear. How.., the only thing fear "leads" to ( is more fear! )

She went on to say, she didn't believe God PUT us in this world to be fearful! It resonated w/ me on so many different levels. I think MM discussed it too, but as you'd expect, really more from an intellectual perspective. That's fine! It's part of growing our understanding.

Hard work, and MORE hard work just to enjoy our long-held traditions.., is a tough sell. In fact it can be daunting, but never so much we should be 'fearful' of sharing that message. To whomever will listen! During the mid-terms while covering some of the "Lost Cause States" ( Oregon comes to mind? ) she openly admitted, yeah, it's tough, no doubt! Now quit yer' whining and roll your sleeves up! Words to that effect. No more fear. Push BACK time!

16. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2010 11:36 pm

M_W, the WNC Nature Center just received twin male cougar cubs from the Oregon Zoo that they got from a rehab center in Grants Pass ! The 10+week olds are cute as they can be, will be held in isolation till spring to get them used to people ! No word yet of any al qaeda connections or if they resisted the x-ray screenings or suffered any trauma from rough personal pat-downs ! Just thought I`d share some cheerful news !

17. SignPainterGuy on November 23rd, 2010 2:36 am

Thanksgiving plans now cancelled – nephew crashed motorcycle, injured foot – sister and mom sick ! Just me and my neurotic cat ! Pity party !

18. OK_Loyalist on November 23rd, 2010 4:06 am

an anti-Islamic Terrorist Claymore …