Today’s episode of “write your own joke” is sponsored by Barney Frank.

From CNS News:

House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank (D.-Mass.) predicts that serving on the Appropriations Committee in the incoming Republican-majority House of Representatives will be a “great pain in the ass.”

I’m not going to say it. Nope, I’m just not going to.

There are rules and guidelines I’ve established for this site from which I cannot waiver.

Be gone, temptation. I have standards here and I refuse to give in!

If one doesn’t stand for common decency, then one stands for nothing.

I want to say it — don’t get me wrong — but I shall not cave.

Nope. Never….

One of you might say it, and I guess that’s okay, but I’m not going to. Nuh uh…

Well, maybe if I just say th — no! I can’t!

Whew, that was close.

Comments

7 Responses to “Perfectly Frank”

1. Linda on November 23rd, 2010 5:20 pm

Franks would be quite familiar with ass pain, wouldn't he?

2. Steve on November 23rd, 2010 6:08 pm

Maybe he meant to say "wonderful" instead of "great."

Easy mistake.

3. Marshall_Will on November 23rd, 2010 6:09 pm

" 'great' pain in the ass" ( Emphasis mine )

Hetero-dudes find no earthly purpose to preface or 'insert' adverbs, adjectives nor qualifiers to what just may be the most common phrase not only in English, but ANY language.

A PITA is a PITA is a PITA. It is neither slight, tickling nor 'mildly pleasant'? The only possible exception would be HUGE pain in the ass ( a phrase normally reserved when referring to Frank himself )

I'll make this simple. God put me here to be a Man. Had he asked me to be a rock or a tree, I guess I'd try to be the best rock or tree I possibly could! But he asked me to be a Man. And I'll admit, there's days when it's NOT easy! I've lost my temper, drank and said some truly awful things to people. Things I'm not proud of.

But through it all, we put our best foot forward -everyday- to be the best possible Man we can. Everyday, another chance to prove your worth in His eyes. Or… you can be in some alley buns-up-kneeling. Whatever.

4. SignPainterGuy on November 23rd, 2010 7:03 pm

Doug, you truely are a man of remarkable restraint ! I commend you sir !

Barnacle Frank has certainly been a royal pain in our collective metaphoristical asses for many years ! It seems only fair that We the People should return a "Great Un-Washed" pain in his ! I mean "TO" his experienced ass !

5. SignPainterGuy on November 24th, 2010 12:36 am

Surely you realize the Frankmeister deems himself too important to the cause to leave voluntarily and too uniquely qualified to be replaced ! Personally, I see him as emensely replaceable and not at all to be missed !!

6. Mike S. on November 24th, 2010 12:38 am

Pain in the ass, huh? Barney's boyfriend is going to be enraged to find out that Barney is cheating on him with the Republican members of the committee…

7. OK_Loyalist on November 24th, 2010 1:57 am

Barney, Barney, Barney … it's always one tract with you … Alimentary !